How do i import internet images into my iphoto?- Help Please

Barthez

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Forgive me if this is such a stupid and basic question but I am new to macs. Could you tell me how I can save images/photos off the internet into my iphoto application?

Thank you

Save them to disk first, then import into iPhoto afterwards. You can tell iPhoto to search for content on your local hard disc if you prefer, but it will find EVERYTHING! ;)

The manual approach, and the way I do things, is to save your photos to disc in the folder structure you want, then drag and drop those folders into iPhoto. I don't necessarily want ALL my photos in iPhoto, as some are test shots, stupid stuff from the internet or edited versions of photos. So I'm picky with what I put in there :)

or copy the image path and just file open > paste in image path.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif as example. ;)

Any even easier way is to drag the image from the webpage onto the iphoto icon in the dock. Easy as that.

Thanks for your tips guys. Didn't realise you could just drag and drop as simple as that onto the iphoto icon.

I'll try the sugguestions to see which is the easiest.

Thanks again for taking time to post.

You can also ctrl-click (or right click) an image in Safari and you can add directly to iPhoto from there. Useful if you don't have iPhoto open.

Didn't realise you could just drag and drop as simple as that onto the iphoto icon.

Its worth remembering that generally any OS X app can be accessed in this way and it can be a real time saver when working in Finder for example.

If the upload worked you'll see a screenshot of my Finder toolbar. You'll see I've added Preview, AppZapper and a Desktop printer to it and its a really convenient method of opening or managing files, just drag from the Finder and drop on the app. The same applies to apps in your Dock. HTH

Attachments

• Picture 16.png
    Picture 16.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 82
You can also ctrl-click (or right click) an image in Safari and you can add directly to iPhoto from there. Useful if you don't have iPhoto open.

Thanks for all your help guys. Been busy trying the different ways and ive found the above as easy as any. Works a treat.

Its worth remembering that generally any OS X app can be accessed in this way and it can be a real time saver when working in Finder for example.

Definately, you can drag a picture down to Mail and it will create a new mail with that picture attached!

Similarly in iPhoto you can select a photo(s) and drag them down to Mail.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom