1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hot toys POTC on stranger tides jack sparrow DX

Discussion in 'Collectible Figures' started by batman 89, Mar 28, 2011.

1. batman 89

batman 89 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you ready to return to the high adventure and secret treasure with our new Captain?

Two different interchangeable faces of our DX Captain Jack Sparrow with different gestures and expressions in the eyes fully illustrate his genuine character and attitude from inside out!

Humorous yet serious, coward yet brave, trickster yet honest, freedom incarnate and his cynical attitude…
    As per our rich experience in developing the Jack Sparrow collectible, we believe that this collectible figure must be the one that truly unveils the REAL JACK SPARROW that fans are expecting! Stay tuned for update very soon!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Mr Quint

Mr Quint Active Member

Ratings:
    +519
    I like it. :thumbsup:
  3. LDR

LDR Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Yeah, I'm up for this. :)
  4. Mr Quint

Mr Quint Active Member

Ratings:
    +519
    Sold!
  5. mazon27091

mazon27091 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Anyone got any idea when this is released?
  6. mazon27091

mazon27091 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I guess its only the head and accessories that they have to produce, as the body is just a standard one. Perhaps thats why or that the date will slip.

The previous Jack commands quite a high price now, so may be worth a punt as an investment for anyone thats got the space to store them mint in box.
  7. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +88
    this one's gonna be very popular!
  8. hanslanda

hanslanda Member

Ratings:
    +4
    wow looks amazing. new here but i've been collecting hot toys figure for a couple of years now. Will definately have to add this to the collection
  9. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    I just ordered this! Looking forward to it, but I ordered on FLEXIPAY so it will be a while before I get it :( Looks awesome :) My first Hot Toys figure and doubt it will be my last. I have ummed and arghed about which to go for. I would love to collect all the Predator figs, but after watching a few on the bay I decided against it, saw one go for just over £400 the other day :O Then I thought an Iron Man would be nice, maybe War Machine or Whiplash but again they're really expensive. Kind of sucks though as my figures don't match up, I have NECA 18" Pred, and kotobukiya Iron Man...
  10. Bigpig

Bigpig Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Just seen the new pic's of this as it out in certain places Unbelievable!!!!
  11. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +88
    aarrr he be perfect ;), well done Hot Toys :clap:

[​IMG]
  12. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    I was having second thoughts about getting this but the new pics have restored my faith, cant wait till he arrives :)
  13. Bigpig

Bigpig Member

Ratings:
    +123
    It's just outstanding from head to toe
  14. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    How are people planing on posing him? So many possibilities not sure which one is going to make the most of all of his accessories
  15. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +88
    [​IMG]

:laugh:

Would have loved this as an Enviro

[​IMG]

Will probably go for this to start with

[​IMG]
  16. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    I may have just done something very silly...I've ordered Cap'n Jack "Arrrr Jim Lad" :facepalm: :laugh::laugh:

I wasn't even slightly interested in him until the in hand pics started surfacing & I've now decided I do want him :D:D

Popped my order in with The Good The Bad & The Robots.
    Sorting payment on Thursday then it's the wait for him to arrive which should hopefully be by the end of November

Can't wait.

Neil
  17. Bigpig

Bigpig Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Woman getting me this for xmas :)
  18. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Nice :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wish mine would do the same :(

I've had yo use my own money for my one...but he'll be worth it ;)

Neil
  19. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    I've got this incoming but I plan on getting rid straight away. I want to concentrate on the Iron Man line and get all the marks. That said, people on sideshow freaks are saying it will quickly rise in price so I don't know whether to wait and leave it in the box? I know that's profiteering and a bit ****** of me but dam! This game is expensive and I'm a poor student :(

What do you guys think I should do?
  20. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    When you say you've got it incoming do you mean it's actually on the way to you as we speak? If so major jealousy here as mine won't be here till the end of the month at the earliest :(
  21. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    No, my final payment goes out on Sunday. So it will be shipped after that I imagine...I ordered with SS before I really knew anything about figures...bad move!
  22. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    I'm kinda biased as mine is on it's way but I reckon keeping it is the best plan of action.

Most people seem to feel this is a grail piece & as such will only rise in price but personally I feel you only need 1 mark of IM (whichever one you prefer) & you can ignore the rest but this is such a standout piece this should be in everyones HT collection.

I paid for mine today & it's currently en-route from Hong Kong so should be here by the end of next week :thumbsup:

Can't wait I really am loving the look of this figure & I think it's going to eclipse everything else as my fave collectible...even more than my Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock

Neil
  23. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    Very envious Neil, really cannot wait for mine but looks like in going to have to :(

I agree with you about this being a grail piece also, wouldn't surprise me if Jack was selling for near £400 in around 6 months time

As for the Iron Man range they're a real pain in the ass, I've previously owned and sold both the Mark III and the Mark VI and although I have no real interest in doing the whole hall of armour thing I do at the very least want a Mark IV and a War Machine in my collection but I can totally see how that can turn into getting the others :p
  24. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Lol well hopefully the wait won't be too long for you Tommy & I'll try to get some good pics to make the wait more bearable for you ;)

Yeah I'm expecting it to go the way of the other DX pieces & appreciate quite quickly.

I've only got the Iron Man MkIV & really don't see the need for another as this one is as good as I need (I don't even think I'll bother with the Avengers version) but I do need a War Machine to go with him.

I was going to get one but decided on Jack instead after I'd started seeing the in hand pics.

I will get a War Machine but he's a little way down the list now.
    After Jack it's the '89 Batman & Joker then I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

Neil
  25. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    Yer iron man is my thing. I want a hall of armours. I think it would be awesome! I'll probably hold on to jack for a bit and see how I feel. Thanks for the advice :)
  26. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    Ok this is getting ridiculous now! My flex pay schedule has been changed AGAIN. Thats the third time now! It's been pushed back to the 20th December. :(
  27. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Yeah a Hall of armour will look awesome but it's way too pricey for me & I'm more than happy with just the MkIV

Will look forward to your pics when it's completed though...will be a sight to behold

Glad you'll keep Jack though...I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Although that said if you feel he's not right keep him till they announce the re-release of the Mk1 & then sell him to fund that...he'll easily be worth enough by then to cover that ;)

Man that sucks.
    Sometimes as awesome as SS are their schedules can be a real pain in the bum.
    Definitely worth looking at UK Independents for Hot Toys stuff IMO

Neil
  28. NattyE

NattyE Active Member

Ratings:
    +154
    Yer I would have, it's just that when I first got into this, the first thing I found was SS :(
  29. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +728
    Same here.
    But then before I did my orders I saw some people mentioning One Sixth Bruce & decided to go there as they don't have VAT or Duty on them & weren't any more expensive, so got my MkIV & Captain America from them.
    Plus now I've discovered The Good the Bad & The Robots I don't think I'll need to go anywhere else to feed my HT Plastic Crack habit ;) lol

That said I do have an order in with Sideshow for the Joker Premium Format statue.

Neil
  30. tommyh84

tommyh84 Member

Ratings:
    +232
    Looks like I may be getting this in the next 2 weeks after all

Need to go get another cabinet though as my current one is full up now :p