Hot Toys - Avengers

f4eb8db8024c60d7704f5a6a2329996c_zps2807daac.jpg

Phil has just arrived, not decided on a final pose yet so gone with something simple for now.

The destroyer gun is very cool

fa448587d22dc01786b7acaf6310bc2e_zps12177622.jpg

Well packed as usual from onesixthbruce

Well just about managed to put together my first 3 Detolf's, problem is I nearly smashed one in to the other and nearly taking both out. Luckily only one internal shelf smashed, any ideas where I can get another shelf from? I need a :beer:

I went down to a local glass company and got a replacement safety glass shelf on order for £14.

Gonna try put some insulation tape on now to stop any dust getting in to the Detolf.

Adhesive draft excluder tape is a good choice, cheap too. That's what I use.

It may be a bit late, but IKEA normally sell spares for their stuff. I've had parts.replaced after I drop them :(

Adhesive draft excluder tape is a good choice, cheap too. That's what I use.

It may be a bit late, but IKEA normally sell spares for their stuff. I've had parts.replaced after I drop them :(

I did think about contacting ikea for spares, but got side tracked, Lol.

I got some tape from b&q for £7, it did all 3 cabinets. There are still gaps though, but smaller than before without it.

Now I'm thinking that the new Hot Toys 89 Batmobile might fit across the top of them. :rolleyes:

I did think about contacting ikea for spares, but got side tracked, Lol.

I got some tape from b&q for £7, it did all 3 cabinets. There are still gaps though, but smaller than before without it.

Now I'm thinking that the new Hot Toys 89 Batmobile might fit across the top of them. :rolleyes:

Guess am to late but I use clear ruber tubing along the edges of the door. Find it looks better than tape

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere, any particular type? (or store?)

Mkm

I got it off eBay. Will get the size and take a picture when am home from work.
It's not air tight but find it performing better than the than the tape plus it hard to spot.

I used 8mm 5/16" CLEAR PVC flexible tubing. My cutting could of been neater mind you :rotfl:

Collectible figures is a new habit I really can't afford but I'd really like to get a Thor

He was by far my favourite during my comic book phase aged eleven year so I'll justify it with childhood nostalgia

Collectible figures is a new habit I really can't afford but I'd really like to get a Thor

He was by far my favourite during my comic book phase aged eleven year so I'll justify it with childhood nostalgia

Step away from the collectibles!

I was like you, just buy one or two. Next thing you know I have nearly 20 figures!

Step away from the collectibles!

I was like you, just buy one or two. Next thing you know I have nearly 20 figures!

I have a Biohazard Chris figure. A Matt Smith Dr Who figure. A Tom Baker on preorder.

I had my eye on the Suckerpunch Babydoll figure and the Terminator Salvation Sam Worthington figure, but they sold out so quick. I'm drawn to a mixture of performances I enjoyed (rather than necessarily the best overall movies) coupled with really great capturing of facial likeness and expression

Mark VII has just arrived from onesixthbruce (awesome service as usual).

Really nice figure with loads of display options, but as usual Hot Toys quality control is pretty poor with a few marks and scratches in the paint where there shouldn't be (obviously I'm not talking about the painted on damage that is present on the figure).

Thankfully they aren't noticeable once in the detolf and overall the figure looks great.

Bring on Loki and Hulk, hopefully with less QC issues!

happy days I am hoping mine will arrive soon too. Though I am in two minds for keeping it. Stuck a road bike on the credit card recently and haven't settled bill for this on card yet either lol

Wife has been giving me daggers for weeks now!

Thor looks pretty sweet from his New film. hoping they do one form it

Mark VII has just arrived from onesixthbruce (awesome service as usual).

Really nice figure with loads of display options, but as usual Hot Toys quality control is pretty poor with a few marks and scratches in the paint where there shouldn't be (obviously I'm not talking about the painted on damage that is present on the figure).

Ditto here! I've noticed a very light scuff on the forehead of the normal armoured head, a blotchy dark paint mark on the upper back silver plate of the flappy bit (technical name that), and a couple of small flecks of embedded dirt in the paint app. Disappointing considering the premium cost of HTs, but probably not a justifiable complaint :(

He's my favourite so far and the reason I broke and got started on the Hot Toys collecting kick, so it feels very nick picky to mention it, but I haven't noticed these kinds of issues on my other HT figures (classic Predator, Batman, Joker 2.0 and Black Widow). Mainly, I suspect, because it's easier spotting these blemishes on polished clean surfaces of plain colours.

He looks bloody fantastic though. HS doesn't look anything like RDJ, but I don't really care in this case, it's all about the armour!

Woot, and Loki just turned up! =D

Can't wait to get mine soon!

I think you are right about the flaws being easier to spot on the glossy finish of an IM figure, I'm just hoping that they step up their game for the diecast marks being released next year.

I wont be using the Tony sculpt either as I prefer the Avengers MkVI (standard MkIV) sculpt that I am currently using with my Tony bash

Chip in the faceplate (black dot on edge)
null_zps7481dc75.jpg

Slight bubbling to paint on leg
null_zps95326666.jpg

Scratch running through bottom two abs (very difficult to see in pics)
b6dec472-7dfd-4893-97bb-4fe2c233c1b0_zps927f6e9d.jpg

Bubble of paint on topaz/lower part of chest
null_zpsf7bb733e.jpg

Scratch/chip in bicep (not too bothered by this as the bicep also has plenty of painted on scratches)
1579578a-db54-4b8c-9af5-6b2d1c6d83b0_zpsec183cc1.jpg

Simple pose for now
null_zpsf4455f8c.jpg

Overall though I think this is my favourite Iron man figure too

(sorry about crappy iPhone pics)

Last edited:
Jesus!! Got Hulk in today and even the size of the box doesn't prepare you for the size of the figure inside, dare I say in hand he's too big? Weighs a ton as well, a lot heavier than Enterbay's 1/4 scale BD T800 :eek:

Pics to come over the weekend once I figure out how I'm going to display the team :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom