Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Toys - Avengers

Discussion in 'Collectible Figures' started by Batman2, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Batman2

Batman2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +966
    Thrilled about The Avengers trailer that we shared earlier today?
    Now, we are proud to present the license of the 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectibles of The Avengers movie!

The upcoming 1/4th collectibles will be even more finely sculpted and sophisticated, bringing to fans with even more details and interestingness! To show our enthusiasm for this project, we have assigned a special team to be specialized in the 1/4th scale collectible development and they will be incorporating our latest technique to upraise the quality level, which will be leading the 1/4th collectibles to another milestone and must bring much surprise to fans!

Apart from The Avengers, more 1/4th scale collectibles of the Marvel characters will be announced very soon! Stay tuned!

[​IMG]
  2. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Oh hell 1/4th scale figures????

Hot Toys your really not being fair anymore :(

Do I continue with 1/6th or make the move to 1/4th???

This sucks big time.

Or maybe I just buy Hulk 1/4th to make him tower over the 1/6th avengers hmmmmmm ;)

Neil
  3. akane_1984

akane_1984 Active Member

Ratings:
    +169
    i think the second idea is a winner Soundwave.
  4. Viperj2k

Viperj2k Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Exciting news, these 1/4 scale pieces from Hot toys may even rival most 1/4 statues.
  5. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +767
    +1 they really could do. 1/6 is a bit too big for my desired collection area but 1/4 could just hit the spot :cool:
  6. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Lol think I'll that will be the plan

If 1/6th is too big then surely 1/4th will be bigger as they are Quarter scale or is my maths completely wrong?? :confused:

Neil
  7. Batman2

Batman2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +966
    Yep 1/4th is bigger than 1/6th.

I think Hot Toys are only going down the 1/4th route because they can charge more I mean quite a few big Hot Toys collectors on YouTube have already complained about the constant price increases in new 1/6th HT figures. A few have even started selling of some of there collections to fund new purchases.
  8. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +767
    DOH :facepalm: My bad :blush:
  9. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Lol don't worry.
    I really had to think about it myself as well.

I hope like someone else said it's only going to 1/4 scale for big characters like Hulk & Bane from Batman

I really can't afford to start swapping to even bigger figures these days.

Neil
  10. Batman2

Batman2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +966
    Here is moggie215 having a good rant about the increasing Hot Toys prices.

11. Batman2

Batman2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +966
    Following the great response of the announcement of Nick Fury from The Avengers, one of our largest campaigns this year, we believe that our fans just can't wait to have a glimpse of the other members of the team!

Glad to let our fans know that all characters are being developed in good progress now! Fans will be expecting the news of the collectibles of the characters from time to time before movie launches!

The Avengers were born! Fans, please stay tuned tight!

[​IMG]
  12. spidermanalf

spidermanalf Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Hmmmmmm cannot see any joins on Hulk, unless they are going for a rubberised skin over his skeleton?
  13. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    I wouldn't read too much into the picture.
    We are a little too far off getting proper prototype pics & that pic just strikes me as photoshop from movie stills.

I'd hope though we get a rubber outerskin for the Hulk rather than a huge figure full of exposed joints.

Neil
  14. tommyh84

tommyh84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +375
    Can someone explain why the clamour for a Hulk figure? I honestly cant understand it, in fact I'll go as far as saying I doubt I'll even get him when is released (unless peer pressure gets the best of me :p)
  15. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    TBH I can't tell you.
    I'm not even that much of a fan of him as far as characters go but I just think a Hot Toys fully poseable movie accurate replica would be amazing.

And if you are getting the Avengers you really need him...especially when you consider that Black Widow, Hawkeye & Nick Fury & just average characters & figures at best.

Hulk, IM, Cap & Thor are all I need for a full on Avenger fest.
    Hawkeye will be an impulse if at all, Nick & Black Widow can get to stepping...not even slightly interested!

Neil
  16. tommyh84

tommyh84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +375
    See for me I think I'd rather get a Hawkeye and or Black Widow over Hulk. Who knows maybe Hot Toys will surprise me but I cant help but feel a Hulk figure would be kind bland (he does after all only have a tiny pair of purple shorts on after he's 'hulked up')
  17. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    I see what you are saying.
    Hulk is a very basic character but I'd hope that like the Spidey & Jack Sparrow figures Hot Toys will ship him with some interesting display pieces & Diorama's to help flesh him out as a figure...possibly even do a Luke Skywalker & ship a second True-Type so you can set up a Bruce Banner figure as well.

Still I'll wait & see what happens but I'm quite excited about him.
    Plus I think the size is what most people are interested in...a figure his size in 1/6th scale opens the door way to bigger heftier figures in the future.

I'm really really not sold on BW & Nick Fury figures both just seem a bit un-needed to me...they ahve their place & I'm sure in the movie they flesh the roles out nicely but figures...nah

Neil
  18. tommyh84

tommyh84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +375
    My thinking with Black Widow is that I really like the look of the Baby Doll figure but the source material means I'll probably give it a miss, if Hot Toys can make a Black Widow of similar quality then I'd definitely get her. The original I think sucks though, dont like the hair or the Jordan sized knockers on her, obviously she's got shorter hair in The Avengers and hopefully they address the cup size :laugh:

I'm probably 70% sure I wont get Nick Fury but who knows what I'll be thinking nearer the time :facepalm:
  19. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Yeah I'm still on the fence with Baby Doll...I really enjoyed the movie so would like the figure as well but with so much else on the way she'll be a late purchase for me.

Lol at the Jordan size knockers ;)
    The original Black widow figure wasn't that good at all & I think maybe my opinion is based on that...but then the character isn't that important to me as a whole.

Still I'll be keeping an eye on them all & make decisions later.

Neil
  20. gam

gam Active Member

Ratings:
    +372
    still on the fence with babydoll too, not likeing the film is the only thing putting me off her so may have to give it another watch just to make me decide one way or the other

the fear I have with clicking on any one of these avengers is that I know if I get any one of them I will have to have to get them all and the price of the Hulk will likely be the deciding factor
  21. Bigpig

Bigpig Active Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Can't wait to get them all
    Black widow has to have sculpted hair and a nice rack
  22. Inked

Inked Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,794
  23. kuanshu

kuanshu Member

Ratings:
    +59
    Hmm mark 6 body with either mark 4 / mech test head.. are they even trying? haha
  24. rebel_scum

rebel_scum Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,713
    Nope.
  25. tommyh84

tommyh84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +375
  26. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Oh goody!!!

I really don't see the need to keep re-releasing the same figures.

I'm beginning to get very bored of the same old stuff from them.

Neil
  27. Inked

Inked Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,794
    New pics of Captain America on Facebook today, the more I look at this, the more I think I may have to sell my 1st Avenger figure and get this!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  28. Inked

Inked Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,794
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  29. Soundwave

Soundwave Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,181
    Oh Bums!!!!!!

I was all set to pass on this with no thought about it but now those pics are up I may have to join you in passing the original one on & getting him instead.

He looks pretty sweet.

Worst case is I'll just the evans Scuplt & battle damaged Shield when they start parting him out on Ebay & use them with my first Avenger.

But damn he looks awesome

Neil
  30. tommyh84

tommyh84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +375
    For me as with Fury and Hawkeye initially I'm not getting much of a buzz with this figure, I mean there's no way I'll be passing on him while I may still give Hawkeye and almost certainly Fury a miss but so far none of the 3 have blown me away straight away.

Personally I really don't like the Chris Evans sculpt, would of preferred a much more neutral expression and had they gone that way I may well have posed him with it, now though I'll definetley be posing him with the helmet on. Hopefully whenever USO Captain America arrives I'll prefer the Chris Evans likeness on that.....