Hot Toys 1/6 Captain America: The First Avenger

Never been hot by any custom fee's from china ebay dealers. That 13 odd figures mostly from Loon

Might reconsider then but I'll wait to see what OSB do price wise & the benefit of Layaway with them is always a bonus ;)

Neil

I paid my deposit as soon as it went up, this has overtaken Superman on my 'must have' list.

Thanks for the heads up, but for this one I went with a regular eBay supplier as I don't like to have all my orders with one supplier. Got mine for £138 delivered (fastest shipping method EMS), plus low Customs Value like all previous orders ;)

Currently waiting on:-

* Thor (supplier on holiday till 1st July :( )
* Spider-Man 3
* Christopher Reeve Superman
* Captain America: First Avenger

Mine are spread about a bit.

Thor- ebay
Odin- ebay (shipped)
Superman- Sideshow
Captain America- OSB
Tracker Predator- ebay

There was an ebay seller, was based in Thailand. I got my HT Royce
from him, the service was phenomenal, but unfortunately, he lists very few Hot Toys figures.

I use Golden Warrior Toy Shop for most of my stuff.

Just ordered through OSB, Got Supes on order with Sideshow, just gotta wait for Green Lantern now!

Got mine from OSB too!

That's now Spider-Man, Superman and Captain America I have ordered, I hope they are released a month or 2 apart!

Bought mine via www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk a collector who just started up in the last few months, he's offering 5% discount till end of June and free shipping over £49.99

So he works out at £142.49 (total price) and he does very good flexpay with only 5% deposit.

He's worth checking out! i've ordered a few items :devil: also he's on sideshow freaks under microdragon

Last edited:
I've just got an email from Forbidden Planet International saying they are doing this at 109.99. I would do if they didnt let all and sundry have my credit card details last time I pre ordered!

I've just got an email from Forbidden Planet International saying they are doing this at 109.99. I would do if they didnt let all and sundry have my credit card details last time I pre ordered!

whoa, :eek:

...too slow though, i've locked in my order, tempted to pick up a second as an investment.....nah it's probably more trouble then it's worth.

amazing price though!

Bought mine via www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk a collector who just started up in the last few months, he's offering 5% discount till end of June and free shipping over £49.99

So he works out at £142.49 (total price) and he does very good flexpay with only 5% deposit.

He's worth checking out! i've ordered a few items :devil: also he's on sideshow freaks under microdragon
Is he trying to rival Play.com on pricing? £200 for Iron Man Mark V?

£165 for Spidey?!! £180 for Black Widow?

The urine is being well extracted.

Last edited:
whoa, :eek:

...too slow though, i've locked in my order, tempted to pick up a second as an investment.....nah it's probably more trouble then it's worth.

amazing price though!

Yeah thats what I thought. Pity you can't pre order using paypal I'd be all over that!

If OSB deposits were refundable, I'd be thinking likewise.

still not that excited for this one :eek:
will wait to see if sideshow announce a movie PF and pick one or the other or maybe neither (or both :rolleyes:) nearer release time

got the same email, they always have been relatively cheap with some items and used to use them regularly untill the same incident and can't bring myself to give them another chance even though I see they don't handle credit cards themselves anymore as they're now handled by sage pay

he caught my attention too and most pre-orders seem priced relatively reasonable although some that are already released are a bit high but thanks to fpi and another couple of similar incident's in the past I've got over fussy with my credit card details even though I know they are covered if anything goes wrong, its a pity they don't accept paypal but if they last a good while and build a good rep will probably try them in the future..... depending what their shipping costs are like to non-mainland of course ;)

Love competition - HaHa!

We spoke on SSF before - good chap.

Love competition - HaHa!

We spoke on SSF before - good chap.

Lol healthy competition is always good :)

Still I'm sticking with you & buying from people I know & trust :)

Neil

still not that excited for this one :eek:
will wait to see if sideshow announce a movie PF and pick one or the other or maybe neither (or both :rolleyes:) nearer release time

got the same email, they always have been relatively cheap with some items and used to use them regularly untill the same incident and can't bring myself to give them another chance even though I see they don't handle credit cards themselves anymore as they're now handled by sage pay

Would it be worth giving them another go if they arent handling payments?

Would it be worth giving them another go if they arent handling payments?

I only used them for non sideshow items and i've thought about giving them another go a few times in the last year or so but after thinking about it for a few seconds always decide against it as cheap price isn't always the best option if the service isn't up to scratch, for me the credit card thing was the biggest and last straw with them and even though logically it should be safe now there's always that small doubt :thumbsdow

although to be fair over a number of years they never let me down once for a pre-order, unlike play around the same time period, it seemed like a lottery if you got anything you ordered that was listed on their site combined with never getting any dispatch or any emails for that matter including any replies to any enqiuiries i ever made..... only ever got the order confirmation one and the newsletter type ones so the first you knew something was sent or if you where even getting it was when dhl knocked on the door :mad:

although would be interested to here if that was still the case, what is it now 2 years on? the fact they're still operating you would think/hope things have improved :rolleyes:

phew..... mini rant over :)

I haven't used OSB as much as I should have as unlike statues I only seem to 100% decide to get hot toys figures once I see in hand pics and they're normally sold out by then :facepalm: but for quality all round service I couldn't praise them highly enough :smashin:

newbie to ordering Hot Toys collectibles. I want to pre-order this with flexpay at SideShow as seems it will work out cheaper than paying OSB which is selling now at 157.99 once you add on shipping to Northern Ireland. My question is any Sideshow customers what is typical shipping charge I should expect?

newbie to ordering Hot Toys collectibles. I want to pre-order this with flexpay at SideShow as seems it will work out cheaper than paying OSB which is selling now at 157.99 once you add on shipping to Northern Ireland. My question is any Sideshow customers what is typical shipping charge I should expect?

I got Thor from sideshow recently and shipping was $25, also to NI
Also take into account a bill for vat and a £10 fedex handling import fee arrives after delivery which was arround £34 in total for thor

If you don't mind me asking then, gam, what was the final price you paid?

The figure+shipping+VAT+handling fee= ?

If you don't mind me asking then, gam, what was the final price you paid?

The figure+shipping+VAT+handling fee= ?

don't mind at all :thumbsup:

thor was the same price as cap is at sideshow at the minute so as long as nothing too drastic happens with the exchange rate by the end of the year it shouldn't be too much different

credit card to sideshow with shipping taking 3 or 4 days - £125.79
cheque to fedex after delivery (vat+fixed £10 handling fee) - £34.15
so in total it was - £159.94

plus another $8.50 worth of reward points to go towards a future free PF :D

just flicking through past invoices and for me the sideshow shipping chrages seems to be ranging between $25 and $40 randomly for bigish and small items over the past year or so which for the speed of delivery is very, very good from the US......... especially when you take into account when converted to £ it can be near the same cost from england to NI with some couriers ;)

Now all I need to do is convince her indoors that I can afford the monthly repayments lol

Wasnt sure about Hot Toys but after getting 2 of the Jokers and looking at the video above I want on of the CA's. Just got my hands on a Thor as well. Just seen that OSB have sold out on though :-(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom