1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda CRV Sat Nav DVD Disc Latest Version?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by Del, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Del

Del Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi all

I've recently purchased a Honda 2005 CRV with a factory fitted Sat Nav without the DVD Nav Disc

There seems to be confusion amongst the Honda Dealers I've approached with regards to the latest version and compatability:confused: One dealer mentioned v3.23 another stated v2.08

As these are special order items from the dealers, I'm not prepared to pay approx £200 (non refundable) and get the wrong disc.

Furthermore no dealer I've approaced so far has the disc in stock to be able to check compatability with the Sat Nav.

Anyone with a CRV incl satnav please I have the following questions

1) What's the latest version you're using ?
    2) Where can I get one cheaper than £200 if possible?
    3) Do you know of a Dealer with the DVD in stock please?

Thank you in advance

Del:confused:
  2. simon100

simon100 Member

Ratings:
    +13
    The most recent version for the Honda Civic is v3.23. Not sure if it is the same system as the CRV though.

I found a copy on ebay for £75, a lot cheaper than Honda sell it to you. They were genuine disks as well.

I would suggest that you contact Honda customer service and ask what disk your system will accept, each new version upgrades the OS, and have a search on ebay.
  3. Crocodile

Crocodile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,428
    You can often buy disks direct from the map data provider for around £75.

Have a look at TeleAtlas.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Ged

Ged Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have a CRV; I believe, but please check, that the MK2 CRV uses V2.xx and possibly, later versions use V3.xx

Our 2003 CRV came with 2.01 and I aquired a 2.06 (I think) of ebay, but the DVD is now in error; the old (2.01) disc is recognized but I will need to reboot to use the 2.01 or buy a new disc.

Unfortunately, £200 is about right and why (amongst other issues of the CRV sat nav) others buy a cheaper stand alone unit.

I thought 2.05 was supposed to be OK, don't know of how much map improvements there are in 2.08

Edit. forced download to older disc/firmware finally worked atfer the usual disc error reading.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. Davemazo

Davemazo Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have a `06 Accord and i`m led to believe that Honda satnav systems with handsfree (introduced from `06) use a satnav disc that starts with 3.XX whereas cars without handsfree use 2.xx discs theres plenty of info on the Honda Accord forum search Google for THAOC or go to http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=sp4rks
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Member 589421

Member 589421 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check www.navbackups.com

They have Europe & North America navigation discs available