1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

* Home Theater Set Up HELP *

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying, Setup & General Help' started by benc007, Oct 25, 2013.

1. benc007

benc007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Tivo Roamio Plus and I connected it directly to my Panasonic Plasma VIERA TC-P60ST60 via HDMI. The problem is that the sound quality from the built-in Panasonic TV speakers are horrible.

I have a LGDVT418 home theater system (with 4 speakers). I also have an XBox, a Blu Ray player, and a DVD player. What is the best way to set up everything so I can use my LGDVT418 system / speakers?
  2. marty1

marty1 Member

Ratings:
    +86
    From what I can tell you do not have hdmi connections on your sound system. If that is the case then it should have an optical lead connection so you connect your Tivo, Xbox and bluray player (depending on how many hdmi connections you have) into the tv. Then have the optical lead going from your tv (optical out) into your sound system. Just make sure your tv volume is off.

Marty
  3. benc007

benc007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Marty,

According to http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882005025 the LGDVT418 has:

Video Signal Out
    Composite (Monitor) 1
    Component 1
    S-Video 1
    Component Switch
    Component/S-Video by OSD
    Component/SCART by OSD
    Headphone Jack (3.5mm)
    External FM/MW Antenna

Which is the "optical lead" going from your tv (optical out) into the LGDVT418 sound system?

Ben