Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Hub 2 or 3?

Discussion in 'BT' started by asprint, Jan 16, 2012.

1. asprint

asprint Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I currently have a BT home Hub 2 router and would like to know if the Hub 3 has any benefits over it?

My existing BT contact is coming to an end soon and it has been indicated that if you re-new your contract that BT will provide a new Hub F.O.C. can anybody confirm this?
  2. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk Member

Ratings:
    +130
    Have both running in our house (although the 2 is just as an access point).
  3. beerhunter

beerhunter Active Member

Ratings:
    +759
    I believe that the HH 3.0 has some kid of frequency hopping to avoid channel conflict.

I called BT before Christmas to do deal and when offered hardware to stay with them, made it clear that I wanted money off not hardware - which I got, in spades. So, at home, I am sticking with the HH 2.0.

If you really want a HH 3.0, you can get them brand new on eBay for twenty or thirty quid.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. deathtrap3000

deathtrap3000 Member

Ratings:
    +148
    The only benifit the hh2 has over the hh3 is that it supports dect wireless phones and you can plug a phone into it. Thats the only reason to stick with the hh2.
  5. PPI Zulu

PPI Zulu Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Daniel,

I spotted your reply in this thread and wondered if you could check out my thread here. It refers to range extension with BT Homehub(s) and I'd be very interested in what you have achieved (and how) with your Homehubs.

Thanks,

Zulu
  6. Amran

Amran Member

Ratings:
    +40
    The hub 3 i currently have and i can say it perform better then hub 2 because it does what it say when it used to show on advert. If there any wireless interferences then it changes the wireless channel automatically and you don't have to do anything. Also i use my hub 2.0 for wireless access point for using on 4th floor in my house which works perfectly.