HMV website clearout sale

Was just about to order the Ice Age 1-2 and Oceans Eleven/Twelve box sets when the offer got canceled while I was selecting them; an error message came up while I was browsing and the offer was gone straight after. :mad:

And that X-Men box set is amazingly cheap - Some people have been getting it for £8.09 after Quidco and Student discounts! Just a shame I already own 1&2...

I have the 1-disc edition of 1&2 and the R3 of part 3, but will probably order this. Its a nice set.

Yeah, it's a nice set. I bought it simply because I wanted all three 2-disc sets in one nice box. I already have them all seperately, including the OOP HK 2-disc tin, but this suits me much better. I will recoup the cost by selling the seperate editions. Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!

Ice Age 1+2 Box Set

Next best price = DVD.co.uk @ £16.95

This has been £6.99 for ages at HMV and has also been included in a few 2 for £12 offers. HMV have now dropped the price to an amazing £5.99, £10 cheaper than elsewhere without even including Quidco!!!

And the same goes for...

Oceans 11+12 Box Set

Next best price = DVD.co.uk @ £7.95

Smokin Aces £5.99

Not a mega bargain but a good price for a recent film. Next best is £6.89 @ Sendit.

Few more recent ones in their "must have movies from £3.99" promotion.

This week's deals:

Miss Marple Complete Series - £17.99

Bear in mind that this is the god awful remakes with Geraldine McEwan not the fantastic ones with Joan Hickson (In my opinion the definitive and only Miss Marple)

Bear in mind that this is the god awful remakes with Geraldine McEwan not the fantastic ones with Joan Hickson (In my opinion the definitive and only Miss Marple)
either way they'll probably go down well with some Werthers Originals ;) :devil:

X-Men trilogy came this morning. Same day dispatch as usual from HMV :smashin: Slimline cases! get in :) :)

This weeks deals here-

Homicide: Life on the streets - Season 1 £9.99

Poltergeist: Legacy £10.99

Lone Gunmen: Season 1 £10.99

Can any one recommend Lone Gunmen?

Lone Gunmen: Season 1 £9.99

Can any one recomend Lone Gunmen?

Definitely. Very good and sometimes funny series. However, it ends on a cliffhanger (part 1 or a 2 parter) which doesn't get resolved.

Poltergeist: Legacy £10.99

:smashin: Cheers Cyril. Went for this one as I enjoyed what I caught of the series when it aired 10 years ago. Anyone have any idea when Season 2 is to be released?

(BTW, it's a 5 disc set with 22 episodes and not a 1 disc one like hmv say.)

btw the R1 Homicide boxsets are supposed to be much better
- the R2 ones apparently have wrong episode orders, cuts, and no extras

the R1 boxsets aren't exactly laden down with extras, from memory there might be 1 commentary per series and/or a behind the scenes interview, though i'd be more concerned with the episode order and cuts. this would be the one to go for if you like homicide
http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Life...8-1807167?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1187084908&sr=8-1

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
btw the R1 Homicide boxsets are supposed to be much better
- the R2 ones apparently have wrong episode orders, cuts, and no extras

I haven't heard anything about that.

R1s do however appear to be superior - the deal-breaker for me however is that the R2 has English subtitles - whereas the R1s don't have subtitles or even closed-captions!

Ice Age 1+2 Box Set

Next best price = DVD.co.uk @ £16.95

This has been £6.99 for ages at HMV and has also been included in a few 2 for £12 offers. HMV have now dropped the price to an amazing £5.99, £10 cheaper than elsewhere without even including Quidco!!!

I finally gave in and ordered it. I wasn't going to get it but I really want to the sequel.

I'm still waiting for it arrive. Patience will never be one of my qualities...

My local HMV (Walsall) have lots of the 6 DVD Thundercats season one for £15. HMV are selling it for £22.99 online...

This week's deals:

Godfather Trilogy (4 disc) - £9.99

X-men Trilogy (6 disc) - £9.99

Hitchcock Collection (15 disc) - £24.99 :smashin:
This 15DVD box set features 14 films from the great director Alfred Hitchcock, drawn from his later American work the set contains: Psycho (Double Disc Set), Frenzy, Rope, The Trouble With Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956), The Birds, Topaz, Marnie, Vertigo, Rear Window, Torn Curtain, Shadow Of A Doubt, Saboteur & Family Plot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom