1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hk 3490 bi-wire speakers & amp connect single wire

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by mb0ng0, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I did install my 2XKEF IQ50 speakers onto the hk3490 and i do love the sound. I'm not sure about the connection. Because the amp and the speakers can be connect bi-wired.

I did not connect them bi-wire but single wire because I'm not convinced that this would improve the sound.

I did connect them like this:

[​IMG]
    (right mouse open)

speaker 2, is that when you bi-wire your speakers? Did I do the connection in the right way? or do i have to connect them in a different way?

I did not found the solution in the manual.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?
  3. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,426
    Your current connections look correct. You'd probably not benefit from bi-wiring the speakers anyway? The B terminals are simply split from the same amplification source within the amp that powers the A terminals. All you'd be effectively doing is bridging the power at the amp rather than bridging it on the speakers as you are currently doing. Bi-wiring is only of any practical use if used in conjunction with bi-amping. Bi-amping would provided independent power to the hi and low frequency drivers rather than shared power from the same source.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. mb0ng0

mb0ng0 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks! Im glad i did it in the right way.
    The sound is superb!

regards,