Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hitachi LCD ir codes

Discussion in 'Custom Installations & Installers' started by Linx08, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Linx08

Linx08 Member

Ratings:
    +172
    As in the title, has anyone got any codes for Hitachi LCd tv's (tv will be no more than 12 months old) had a look in the usual places but nothing doing. Driving me bleedin mad I need discrete for power on and off, Tv, DTV and Component.

Any help would be very welcome.

Cheers Linx
  2. AVmadness

AVmadness Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Hey Linx obviously you've tried remote central, have you tried contacting the manufacturer direct for an IR code sheet? Also might be worth giving Habitech a ring who distribute URC as they have a pretty extensive IR code libary and might have something there for the discrete codes your after...you could then upload it to a cheap URC remote and then manually learn it to your remotes onsite.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but i generally push my clients to stick to Panasonic!

AVMadness
  3. Linx08

Linx08 Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Hiya, thanks fella. I wouldn't use Hitachi myself but its one a client had already and wanted to use in one of the guest bedrooms. Tried remote central and no luck I'll give Habitech a bell in the morning.

Cheers for the reply.

:smashin: Linx
  4. AVmadness

AVmadness Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Let me know what you find out mate, think I've a MX880 remote control kicking about somewhere so would be happy to post it down for you to use for a day just so you can learn the codes over into your control system....saves you having to fork out for a remote your only gonna use for 10 minutes!! What are you trying to program it into like? Control4 I'm guessing?

I'm guessing you've already tried the discrete IR codes they have for the plasma screens and they didn't work?

AVMadness
  5. Linx08

Linx08 Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Yep, Control 4, I've tried loads of the codes but there's so many of the bleedin things I could be there all week. :eek:

Thanks for the offer I may end up taking you up on it.

Cheers Linx