Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hisense MP800H interferes with TV's use of HDMI-CEC/ARC

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Media Players' started by gypsy182, Sep 8, 2010.

1. gypsy182

gypsy182 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    When the Hisense MP800H is connected to a TV that is using HDMI-CEC/ARC (e.g. to control an amplifier, or to send audio from the TV to the amplifier) the CEC/ARC functionality is disabled.

The problem is due to the MP800H putting out bad data on the HDMI pin 13, used to control CEC. It's allowable for the Hisense box to not support CEC since it's an optional part of the HDMI specification, but I find it unacceptable for the Hisense box to interfere with my other devices that do support CEC.

This problem has been previously noted on many Sky boxes.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/680883-sky-hdmi-pin-13-problem.html
    And has also been seen on the A.C.Ryan PlayON!HD box.
    A.C. Ryan • View topic - HDMI-CEC problem with pin 13 solved by a simple action

One solution is to physically cut the pin 13 wire on the HDMI cable - indeed Panasonic have even advised this as their solution for users of Sky boxes suffering from this. It would be more desirable for Hisense (or some modder) to release a firmware update to resolve this.
  2. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,763
    The Asus O!Play seems to be the only one with a decent hacking community around it with the same chip, you may want to ask some of those guys though I wouldn't get your hopes up. The fixed required in software may be beyond some of the skills of the hackers too.