Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Epson Stylus SX600FW and wireless printing

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by lee111, Feb 18, 2009.

1. lee111

lee111 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi i have my Epson Stylus SX600FW connected to a my laptop via usb which is working fine but i want to print from another laptop wireless in a different room when i try to run the setup software on the 2nd laptop it doesn't see the printer wireless it comes up with no pinter found ,The printer can see the router as it comes up on the screen on the printer is there any thing that iam doing wrong.
  2. mickevh

mickevh Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,015
    First you need to ensure the printer is "shared" on the laptop it's (physically) connected to. This essentially tells the host laptop to "advertise" the printer out to the rest of the network.

From the remote laptop, you then connect to this "share" and print away.

I'd suggest you proceed by removing the printer driver software from the remote PC, ensure that the printer is shared on the host PC, then work through the "add printer" wizard from the remote PC to set up the connection (this will ask for the printer driver software if it needs it.)

There is a possibility that firewalls may trip you up, but lets deal with that if we have to.