Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE Pure Evoke 1S line out jack

Discussion in 'DAB Digital Radio & FM Radio' started by the mechanic, Aug 6, 2008.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Hi all,
    I am having a problem with the audio out (3.5mm jack) on my 1S. I have it connected to a Yamaha DSP-AX861 with a 3.5mm to stereo phono lead (into the Yam's tuner input) and when I set the input to tuner, the sound is very quiet ? I have to have the Pure's volume set about half way and the Yam's almost flat out to get any sound out of it. Is there a way that I have missed to mute the sound out of the pure, and get line level output to the Yam amp ? I have updated the Pure's software (the problem was present before updating) so it is not due to new firmware.
    Anyone help please :D

Graham.
  2. Crocodile

Crocodile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,731
    Sorry if it's a daft question but are you definitely connected to the Stereo Out jack rather than the Headphones or Aux Speaker?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  3. the mechanic

the mechanic Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Hi Steve,
    Yep, definately in the "STEREO OUT" jack on the back. I have the additional (stereo) speaker in the corresponding jack. Next to that there is the headphones jack, then the stereo out and finally the "AUX IN". These are the only 3.5mm audio jacks on the back panel. I can get some volume out of the Yammy if I turn the Pure vol to max, then press the vol knob in to mute the sound, but there is quite a bit of "noise" and the quality isn't the best. It seems as if the stereo out is not line level as it increases the output level (albeit, very little) as the vol on the Pure is increased.
    I am toying with the idea of inputting the Pure into the Yam's phono (turntable) jacks as the output signal of a turntable is much lower than standard RCA inputs, but I fear I may blow something.:D.

P.S Just tried a different lead (a known good one as I use it for my PC audio) and its still the same.

Graham.
  4. Crocodile

Ratings:
    +2,731
    According to page 3 of the online manual, the Stereo Out is the centre of the three output jacks. I wonder if yours could be wrongly labelled?

[​IMG]

I wouldn't expect the volume control of the radio to alter the output of what should be a fixed line level.
  5. the mechanic

the mechanic Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Tried all 3 outs plus the input to no avail. If plugged into the phones socket, the audio from the Pure does mute, but again, the audio is V quiet :mad:

On the back of my Evoke the sockets are (left to right) :- USB, AUX SPEAKER, HEADPHONES, STEREO OUT, AUX IN, then the power adapter input, so it's different to the diagram above ??
    Like I said I've tried all the sockets, and none give me a line level output.

Graham.
  6. Crocodile

Ratings:
    +2,731
    Guess it's next stop Pure then. :D
  7. the mechanic

the mechanic Member

Ratings:
    +55

Just fired an E-MAIL off to them. Hopefully I'll get it resolved..:rolleyes:

Graham.
  8. Dunkwho

Dunkwho Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Press the volume knob to mute the speaker, doesn't affect the line out :smashin:
  9. tobyone

tobyone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the output/input connections crocodile, I brought mine second hand so didnt have a manual :smashin:
  10. tobyone

tobyone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try my line out and let you know the outcome.
  11. Sonic67

Sonic67 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,892