Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed please - Acer aspire 3630 format to factory state.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jeniwow, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jeniwow

jeniwow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I am in need of some help in regards to my acer aspire 3630 and have been told this forum is excellent.

My laptop has become really slow and really needs a new install.
    It will boot up however there is software on there that just refuses to uninstall and the cursor freezes on boot.

I have tried all the usual in safe mode and it isn't improving the situation. As I do not own an xp installation CD I cannot simply wipe and re-install.

My laptop also did not have the acer erecovery manager facility that most seem to have, so I have not been able to make a recovery CD to use.

Having done some research it is suggested that you can access the reset facility on the acer aspires by pressing alt + f10 on start up screen however I have tried this (and various other combinations suggested) with no success, it simply takes me to the safe mode menu.

I have tried to install the acer erecovery manager from the website and it will not let me for some reason.

Is there something really obvious I am missing or that I can do?

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Jennie
  2. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,800
    You have to order a replacement disc from the OEM (Acer) though if you know anyone with a Windows XP CD, you could always just borrow theirs temporarily then wipe out the windows install & use your serial key stuck to the underside of the laptop (you may also have to call Microsoft to get them to reactivate).

You could probably salvage the system with the right software, use Malwarebytes to scan for spyware, there are various uninstaller programs that can remove stubborn entries.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011