Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed Headset not working

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Forum' started by pooly, Mar 11, 2012.

1. pooly

pooly Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Just Purchased a pre-owned 360 (mw3 edition) it did not come with headset, shop gave me some health and safety jargon about 2nd hand headsets. Reading through here i decided to go for a pair of Turtle Beach X-41's and in the delay bought a cheap and nasty Orb Elite headset till i get decent set.

I plugged the set into controller and got a message about an update being required to use them so installed it. I still do not get any sound through headset and as the console came with no instructions i don't know where to go from here.

I have found the settings for audio and set to TV and headset and tried the volume wheel at both extremes of its travel ( same with mute switch)

Should I get the normal game sound through Headset or only when playing online?

Thanks in advance
  2. XRT

XRT Member

Ratings:
    +19
    You would only hear other people's voices through the headset when playing online.
  3. pooly

pooly Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks I persisted with it and heard crackly voices so realised the error of my ways