1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help: Name that tune from a music video description.

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Steve_P, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Steve_P

Steve_P Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Hi All,

Not sure which section to post in but this seemed like the most relevant.

Can any of you help me identify a music track from a description of the video? The track istelf is fairly poppy and I think it could be a cover version of an older tune. The video features a girl skating alone (can't remember if she's ice skating or roller skating) on an indoor rink. At the start of video she's very unsteady on her feet but by the end she's skating like a pro. I think she's wearing a tutu if memory serves me correctly and I think it's a release from the last 6 months or so.

Sorry it's not much to go on, thanks for your help!

S.
  2. ash104a

ash104a Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I was wondering if you ever found out what the track was because I too have been trying to find out. If you do know could you please let me know. Thanks, Ash.
  3. mgns

mgns Member

Ratings:
    +15
  4. ash104a

ash104a Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No its not that, it was more of a dance track.
    I think it was a remix of an old track or just had the same name as an old song, I think it was something to do with the stars or the sky or maybe the moon or something like that.
  5. Noel

Noel Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Was it Robbie Williams' cover version of She's The One?
  6. pmc

pmc Member

Ratings:
    +109
  7. helipilot

helipilot Member

Ratings:
    +17
  8. ash104a

ash104a Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No its not not Robbie, she was wearing a purple tutu and roller skating around a dance hall, certain it wasnt chemical brothers as i would remember that.
  9. wood297

wood297 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    is it lovefreeks - shine
  10. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,408
    I believe so.

Linky
  11. ams18

ams18 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

This is doing my head in!

The song has a woman singing and the video is a man or two men dancing, i think theyre ballet dancing but i cant really remember. Theyre in a room and theres a table with judges sitting there and the man/men are like miners, they've got the overalls and helmets on. Like proper mine workers.

Any ideas?

Cheers
  12. fizzgog

fizzgog Member

Ratings:
    +91
    is it this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VfAuFAgHpzc
  13. ams18

ams18 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG!
    Thank you so much man!

You've actually saved me from insanity haha!

Cheers mate :)
  14. joboltz

joboltz Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG m8 ive been lookin for that song for yearzz, i love u soo much but i dont even know you, that song is soo awesome
    :smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin::smashin:
  15. restlesspilgrim

restlesspilgrim Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I'm new here but seems like an awesome site. I need help with a music video i saw maybe a year ago, but can't remember the song title or band.

Description: A woman's face singing on the ground starts to float in the air because it is actually some kind of balloon. A man starts to walk towards it trying to capture it before it flies away. But a gang of kids come and throw a stone or something at the woman's face, shattering it all over the ground.

I was totally entranced by the song...any help out there?! Thank you in advance!!!
  16. dcs555

dcs555 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the vague description, but can anybody tell me which song goes with the video where there is a beach and a surfer dude whos followed by loads of admirers. He shrugs them off and goes to a girl sitting on the beach. They go surfing together and eventually drive off somewhere.

Thanks in advance. :)
  17. Orangegiraffe

Orangegiraffe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

would anyone know of a video for what I think is a recent song featuring a young man wearing a white suit doing roller skate dancing alongside a girl?

I think the band's name possibly be vaguely related to something gothicky - like The Vampires, or the Preachers(?)

Also the chorus is really catchy, somthing like : "are you really gonna make me do it" (??)

I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows it!
  18. stuwalsh70

stuwalsh70 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I dunno if people are still seeing this thread, but i was wondering if you could help find a song from a discritopn, the song is melo, and it has a kid walking around a city like an adult (wearing suit, going to work, going to lunch) and people see him as an adult, and then theres his mom in the back yard imaging shes playing with him, but hes not actully there, and at the end the man (boy grown up) drive back with his own family.
  19. warptweet

warptweet Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys please help me - saw this music video but the title of the song and artist were displayed incorrectly. kind of an R&Bish song ...

The video starts out with some white dude sitting in his room on his bed (i think he was wearing a white sports jersey of some kind with red on it, like red numbers and red lines and stuff). he is thinking about some white girl that i guess he was no longer involved with but obviuosly still likes. he is watching tv and on the tv is like a music video of the artist in question ( a different song i guess tho)

then this asian (maybe half asian) singer (the singer) pops into his room just behind him out of nowhere and starts singing the song. the song is basically about her liking him and wanting him to forget this other white biatch and the video goes around normal day to day settings of this asian singer making advances or so and this white dude pretty much ignoring her. One particular scene has the singer finding a picture of this white girl in the guy's wallet and she rips it up

in the end the white dude actually "wakes up" and the singer is gone ( i guess it was a dream... hahaha) but then the video ends with him walking out and putting the picture of the white girl down on the table so he cant see her anymore and i guess he forgets her and stuff

please help me. what song is this. and what artist is this?
  20. parkerman89

parkerman89 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Really would love to know the name and song of this band. The videos features the band performing with the lead singer walking down this road while being doused in this clear liquid which at the end turns out to be gasoline and is set alight. Does anyone know the song or artist?
  21. madnkad

madnkad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK guy you seem good at this and i will try to be as descriptive as possible..
    it was a video from early 90s, there was a man with a top hat walking around an all white house wile the floor was moving (like it was set up on a stage getting pushed around) the furniture would stay in place till it hit the walls and this is so driving me nuts!!! been trying to figure this out for a couple months and found this site hope someone can get it from description.. ty
  22. bowenjones

bowenjones Active Member

Ratings:
    +437
    Possibly this one....
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmX1z1NY2c
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  23. madnkad

madnkad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yup that was ty so much.... thought it was older then that though lol thanks again and will try to do my part to help....better with older ones lol
  24. thebookthief

thebookthief Member

Ratings:
    +0
    9 crimes. damien rice.
  25. theblonde64

theblonde64 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone
    I saw a music video a year ago and its been driving me crazy ever since because I just cannot figure out what the name of the song and it's artist was..

In the video it's sort of cartoon like, and there is a boy with a sad expression inside this room which was either in somebody's head or a tree(I'm not sure which) and he's looking outside from a window or something like that..and theres a girl who gets him out of the room near the end, I think she did it with a shovel? but I could be wrong

The genre was probably alternative I would think
    If anyone could figure out what this song was I would love them forever! I've been going crazy looking for it
  26. dex85

dex85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  27. Spicerfcic

Spicerfcic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember this video coming out between the years 06-08 (not sure when though) and was a one hit wonder.

the video involves 2 white guys at a beach party wearing hawiian shorts etc. one of the blokes is nervous about asking out a lassie but by the end of it he gets her.

to what i remember the song was a chessey pop song/ dance song and could have been a number 1 (in the UK)

please help :) xxx
  28. footyell

footyell Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, my sister's doing my head in with some vague memory of a music video, please help.

She says there's a guy with thickly rimmed glasses (who may be a TV show host), he mimes the lyrics to the song which she thinks are repetitive, as he introduces guests or something like that. She remembers curtains opening and she thinks they are gold and sparkly.

She thinks it's a dance song, but wierd dance similar to chemical brothers and moby or fatboy slim???

Very vague, i know but all help appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Elliott
  29. Gordon5

Gordon5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm new to this forum, but what a terrific idea. I'm hoping someone can save me from earworm hell. I'm trying to remember the name of a popular electronic music piece (no vocals) that featured in either 2007 or 2008. The music video showed a man and a woman with a briefcase running through city streets, giving the appearance they were being chased by other men. That was it. Lots of running, ducking, jumping, weaving in and out. Big electronic sound. I think the band was European (but can't narrow it down more than that sorry). It was used a lot in gym workouts.
    Thanks so much.

Gordon5
  30. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,408