Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! My screen looks like a negative photo!

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by jazzytay, May 30, 2008.

1. jazzytay

jazzytay Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well that'll learn me to leave my 1 1/2 year old in the study for 1 minute. He's pressed some buttons on my iMac and now everything looks like a photographic negative.

I've had the iMac for just over a week and am still finding my way around. I see how I can change backgrounds and desktop settings but can't seem to find the key to getting the original look back and my eyes are going blurry looking at the screen!!

Anyone point me in the right direction, it must be simple enought if my son can do it!!
  2. jont

jont Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Might be he's hit the keystroke for universal access - go to system prefs>universal access ... on the seeing tab change it to 'black on white' ...

Jon
  3. jazzytay

jazzytay Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Jon,

Thanks very much that was the one.....how long does it take to become competent with the Mac experience??
  4. jont

jont Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    I've been using them since 1985 and still find out odd things - although to be fair they are generally related to the OS of the moment !!

But I still find myself pleasantly surprised when a new app does something really well and really cool - eg the pyetv add-in which gives you EyeTV control straight in FrontRow - it's been the bane of Elgato/FrontRow users sinec Apple introduced the software and at last someone has written a piece of code to do something that neither supplier could/would - and it just works so well :)

Jon
  5. Jowl

Jowl Member

Ratings:
    +30
    That problem had me for ages - the kids in the schools we support always find the key combo!!
  6. triobot

triobot Member

Ratings:
    +15
    i got a program that makes things 2 tone...

"nocturne" its quite an app and useful when the lowest brightness kills ur eyes !!!
  7. stuart07970

stuart07970 Member

Ratings:
    +125
    not long, for me it was it about un-learning my windows dirty habits.

if you're anywhere near an apple store, their one-2-one service for £79 is an absolute steal !

An hour a week on anything you like for 52 weeks!:smashin:
  8. jazzytay

jazzytay Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I know what you mean, I think I'm still in the mode of instinctively trying to do things as I would on windows.

I'm also currently working from home and have my company laptop, which is windows, sitting next to me so I'm constantly switching between the 2 machines which does't help.

I must say though that I haven't enjoyed sitting at my desk so much for a long time. My last PC was a nightmare, in the end I stopped using it due to the constant scans and updates I had to do.

I'm nowhere near an apple store so it'll be teach myself along with a little (well a lot) of help from the forum guy's.
  9. bigfecker

bigfecker Member

Ratings:
    +21
    ctrl+option+apple+8 switches between normal and a 'negative' screen