1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help getting freeview on technika tv via rf connections or aerial etc etc...

Discussion in 'Freeview' started by wwfc69, Jul 3, 2009.

1. wwfc69

wwfc69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have a Technika Pro 19" HD Digital LCD TV/DVD with built in dock for ipod. And i got it from tescos. With inbuilt freeview etc...

My question is in the instruction booklet it says that i am only able to get freeview signal if i use a rf connection in the wall to connect to a dish outside.

I dont have one of these so I was wondering if an aerial and a booster would work. I know i have freeview in my area as my tv upstairs used and aerial and gets freeview out of a freeview box using a booster. But i dont want to go buying an aerrial with a builting booster or external if its not going to work.

If you can suggest and aerial/booster for me then that would be great if it will work.

Thanks for any replies,

Dan
  2. Adrian_F

Adrian_F Active Member

Ratings:
    +302
    Freeview needs an aerial not a dish. Take the new TV upstairs and connect it to your aerial up there and tune it in to see whether it works properly.
  3. wwfc69

wwfc69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that is wat i thought but the instruction booklet specifically states that using an aerial will very rarely recieve channels and the only way that it will work is if i use the rf connection in the wall which seems wrong. I tried my tv with another aerial (not the one upstairs) and it failed to recieve and channels.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  4. JayCee

JayCee Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,539
    What do you think that the "rf connection in the wall" connects to?...usually a roof, loft or communal aerial.
    I'm pretty certain you're reading it wrongly or leaving out some of those instructions from the user manual...do you see the words "indoor" or "internal" in front of the word "aerial"?
    Have you tried tuning it correctly when plugged in to the socket on the wall upstairs?
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  5. ROYOLD

ROYOLD Active Member

Ratings:
    +354
    It's just an ordinary 19" Freeview TV

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-5476.aspx

and as Jaycee says above it should work if you tune it in using the aerial upstairs. It may not work with an internal aerial downstairs (even with a booster) unless you are very close to the transmitter and have a window facing the transmitter. Do you have any aerial feed downstairs from the main outside aerial?
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  6. leekypasty

leekypasty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    been having same probs, bought a booster from Focus today, it helped a bit the analogue picture is just about watchable but when switched to digital, the tv screen has to be facing window, witch is opposite to where I need it to be, in order for it to work perfectly, this all sounds a bit daft I know but thats only way it will work. I spoke to freeview and they have said my postcode is fine. aqm going to try and twist aerial slightly to see if that makes any difference, the nice lady at freesat gave me compass bearing my aerial needs to be on, thats the ironic thing is when the tv unit is on that bearing the digital ch work fine, explain that if you can ?????
  7. robinofloxley

robinofloxley Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Aerial on the window sill, 5-10m coax extension to other side of room Lift the edges of the carpet and run it round the skirting board.