1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[HELP] Defective GT30, Not Getting The Help I Need

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Gilzor, Feb 13, 2012.

1. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
  2. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +150
    yep there the ones
  3. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
    I'm just trying to find their terms and conditions to quote back to them, not that it matters really.

Have an online chat with them and ask them whether they recognise their responsibilities to take ownership of a problem under the SOGA.
  4. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
  5. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +150
    yeah gonna send off an email to them and see what response i will get,so i can bring it up when i need to take it to court,as it seems likely it will go down that route
  6. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
    The good thing is you're in the right, it's now just about how you best progress the situation
  7. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
    There you go, from their website

"Return of faulty goods after 28 days

If your product develops a fault after 28 days but within the warranty period then you can get it repaired for free. You can either return the faulty item back to us for repair or for some products, we can arrange for it to be repaired through one of the manufacturers' service agents. This does not apply to faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse, dropping, damage resulting from exposure to sand and water or failure to follow manufacturer's operating instructions.

You will be liable for all the delivery charges for return and replacement of the faulty product. Follow our Return Procedure to return the product.

THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUATORY RIGHTS"

So they'll either repair it themselves or arrange for someone to do it. I'd be asking why you've been told something contrary to their own T&Cs and also the law. I'm not sure about charging you the delivery costs is correct either. They could put any old nonsense in there to be honest and it would mean very little
  8. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +150
    yeah thanks i read that too,but i already had a repair which did not fix the issue but just added a couple more.

so i don't really want to be going through the repair procedure again and do not think the green tinge,IR issues and dse.

think it would just be wasting time.going through all that just to have the same issues.

only thing is that the first repair is that i did not do it through the retailer and went to Panasonic who put me in touch with the repair company who were poor imo.

i would just like to find out if not going through the retailer first time has any effect on trying to get a refund.

i thought i read that if the repair don't fix the issue that i am entitled to a refund but not too sure and i should have gone through the retailer.

im not at home at the moment is hard looking at some sites on my phone.

thanks for the help
  9. arenaman

arenaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +902
    I can't see how going through panasonic would invalidate your warranty, after all the warranty is with panasonic but it's just the retailer's responsibility to sort things out, you obviously bypassed the retailer first time but that shouldn't matter.

The refund/repair replace thing is the retailer's choice, some will attempt 3 repairs then refund or replace, they can't just keep stringing you along and have to remedy it within a reasonable timescale, keep on at them :)
  10. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
  11. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    How did you pay for it?

If it was on a card then get them involved.
  12. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    Can't see what the problem is there, put a plain grey screen up.
  13. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Really? Almost the entire right side of the screen has horrid green smearing and there's faint vertical lines on the right. I think 01 shows it better than the others, which highlight the hue issue more. I've highlighted where the lines are here...

Original:
    View image: 01

Highlighted:
    View image: 01
  14. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    I had the exact same effect on my GT30 within the Gran Turismo 5 menus and on my ps3 xmb using the white/grey theme. Now Ive gone back to my old Sony LCD until i get my samsung and there is no green banding. Most definitely NOT within the realms of acceptability.
  15. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Yeah, I've seen it in pretty badly in GT5 too. Sometimes it's enough to take me out of the gaming experience.
  16. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    The retailer just emailed me after I left a message with them:

Dear Sir

We are sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing in your Panasonic TV.

Please contact Panasonic helpline number on 0844 844 3852 they will
    arrange a repair with your local service centre.

Kind Regards
  17. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Contacted the retailer to say this isn't my issue and was told, again, that I need to take this up with Panasonic.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Retailer won't help, repair service is retarded and barely returns my mails and Panasonic can't even open a zip file.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???!!! We're coming up to THREE MONTHS after I first contacted them about a problem.
  18. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    The contract is with the retailer, it really is as simple as that.

I am in retail and know my obligations inside out.
  19. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I think that by constantly pointing me towards Panasonic Technical they actually think they are fulfilling my contract, and offering support :confused:
  20. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    How did you pay for it?

If on a card get them involved.
  21. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    Put it on an input which is not connected to anything, then adjust the brightness till the blodges and lines are at their worse, now adjust the contrast to make it worse.
    Then adjust the colour so it is even worse.
    Then adjust colour temp. so it is worse still.

Take a picture of it at its worst.

That shot you have doesn't really show it up much.
  22. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    How so, mate?
  23. gizlaroc

gizlaroc Active Member

Ratings:
    +492
    ring your card company, tell them the item is faulty and the retailer is refusing to do anything.
    They will threaten them with taking teh funds back, so you mind find them a little more helpful after that.
  24. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,889
    Just to further add i think off the top of my head this falls under section 75 of the consumer credit act. Also contact consumer direct and issue a complaint. I would link to there number but im typing via my phone.
  25. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +150
    yeah im in the same boat,retailer won't do anything and keeps going on about fixing it on manufacturers warranty,had it fixed already but tv got worse.

asked for refund,and waiting for retailer reply after i sent them an email.

I did phone consumer direct who helped with what to put in the email.

they did make me feel a bit better knowing what rights i have.

hopefully something positive will come from this.

really don't wanna go down the court route.
  26. ozzzy189

ozzzy189 Active Member

Ratings:
    +498
    Sounds like the issues I had with sound and vision in Bolton ten or twelve years back with my kv32fq75 crt.
    Are these guys (prc), also the same guys who advertise in what hifi? I'd be on their forum too if so.
  27. vinny41

vinny41 Active Member

Ratings:
    +279
    to everyone that is having problems with their retailer don't email them or phone you wouldn't get anywhere
    Here is template letter from consumer direct send 2 letters both registered post not proof of posting and you will find the you will receive a change of direction from the retailer keep the letter simple and straight to the point
    https://consumer-tools.direct.gov.uk/consumer-advice/template_letters/SGA1979/
  28. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +150
    well consumer direct told me to email them,but pretty much quote the same that is in that template you linked to

mind you,i was going to send them a copy of my email anyway
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  29. Gilzor

Gilzor Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hey guys,

You'll have to excuse me for what could well be a retarded question here but I figured I had to ask. Panasonic has finally pulled its finger out and arranged for an engineer to visit my house and install "a new board" on my GT30B to get rid of the green tinge problem and weird, burned-in vertical slices I've had running down the upper right of my screen for months now.

My question is, how can a new board affect the picture enough to get rid of both those problems? Furthermore, will this new board effectively "reset" my image almost like a new set? Will I need to burn the pixels in again by running 100 hours on Normal settings?

Cheers in advance guys,
    Craig
  30. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    What board are they replacing? No it wont mean running the set in again you only need to do that with a new panel. I cant see how a new board will help its a panel issue as far as Im aware.