Headphones or HDVR?

Well, luckily I have a plan B...

And he can't disable Join Session. :D
Luckily if it doesn't say Hardcore Search I don't have to worry about you joining :D

hold the I/O button it will turn the notifications off!

Luckily if it doesn't say Hardcore Search I don't have to worry about you joining :D

Touche'

One of these days I will venture out of my safe zone and have a go at everything else Black Ops has to offer. My crew has been talking about doing a run on TDM to boost our KDs a bit, maybe I will try to talk them into some other games as well...

Go Demo, I hear from V!P that if you play it long enough you can boost your KDR to 1.15.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/members/438574-albums1190-picture8609.jpg

Why does my preview still have black bars above it? It doesn't show when I'm doing the crop. Does it not matter it doesn't fill out in the preview?

My latest video is being processed by youtube and I'm pretty sure it'll have the bars above and below.

Still have the borders and the lame lines... maybe I have the wrong PVR settings when I'm recording. Will look into it tonight.

Last edited:
Sharpy, I know I need to fix the borders, but how? I've tried everything I can think of based on the tutorials I've seen. I've gotta be missing something. Probably something simple, like a box that needs to be checked.

Det, take a screenshot of your project settings, bet it's something in that :smashin:

I'll have to do that tonight. Did you see the pic I linked last night? It shows as being cropped but in the preview it still shows a border... does that not matter?

I'll have to do that tonight. Did you see the pic I linked last night? It shows as being cropped but in the preview it still shows a border... does that not matter?

Yep, thats why I said about the screenshot, the project settings are hidden by the crop window. It should have NO black bars at all, something's wrong, probably in your project settings.

ok, will do that tonight.

Sorry Det I can't help you mate:(

I use Eye TV Software on my MacBook Pro and it's pretty straight forward tbh, like you, I just watch tutorials on YouTube.

Sony Vegas Pro does seem a little complicated to set up.

Edit- I use iMovie 09 for editing

Sorry Det I can't help you mate:(

I use Eye TV Software on my MacBook Pro and it's pretty straight forward tbh, like you, I just watch tutorials on YouTube.

Sony Vegas Pro does seem a little complicated to set up.
Oh, you're one of them :lesson:

lol... no worries. I've been trying to wade through the ridiculous amount of info on these vids to try and find the useful stuff.

Don't worry det, I already know what you're doing wrong, it's a tiny thing to change. Give me 10 mins and you'll have a full quick guide from me for all the settings you need :smashin:

Sexy!

Righty then... thought I may aswell do this rather than trying to explain everything.

Full settings for sony vegas/movie studio when editing & rendering .m2ts files

*Please note there's no audio for some reason, probably just something to do woth movie studio not being able to read the audio codec. (you don't have any problems with audio so not an issue Det)

*Right click the image and open in new tab/window to see full size

Step 1: after importing your video, right click on it (in the timeline) and select "properties" - Click "Disable Resample" & uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" then hit OK
Settings1.jpg

Step 2: Project Settings
Above the preview, the small grey box with the arrow is the project settings. Open this. Click the right icon in the box that opens (top of the box) to match the media settings - then select the video file that you've imported.
Make sure the other settings match the picture bellow, especially the "start all new projects..." as this means you can just import, set the video properties settings (above) and start editing.
Settings2.jpg

The settings just under the bottom left of the preview (Project & preview) should now be identical.

Step 3: Cropping
Crop the video to get rid of the small black bars, then save the template. this means on each video you render all you'll have to do is click edit, selct the template and it's done.
Settings3.jpg

Step 4: Rendering
All the settings are in the picture below, first select "MainconceptAVC/AAC(*.mp4), then hit "Custom"
Match the settings as below then rename the template and save it.

*note - don't use constant bit rate as this is bugged, just set the variable bit rates to the same level - this should be the same as the bit-rate you captures at.
Settings4.jpg

Settings5.jpg

Again, saving the template means you just have to hit "render" then "save" for the rest of your videos.

This is the resulting video using all the settings above. (again no audio but thats probably just codec compatibility with movie studio)

Simples!! :thumbsup:
YouTube - Test

Thanks TP, I hadn't been to that window before so that must be what it is. I'll try it tonight and let you know what results I come up with!

If I was a betting man I'd bet the setting you missed was "maintain aspect ratio" on the first screenshot, but I thought I'd do a full guide before any other Q's come up :D:rotfl:

I haven't covered colour correction etc but it's all the same really, once you've got the templates set up it takes no time at all to render etc.

Thanks TP, I hadn't been to that window before so that must be what it is. I'll try it tonight and let you know what results I come up with!

No probs, really easy once you know what you're doing.

As for voice recording, all you need to do is select the "target" icon on the far left in the voice track, this will "arm for record" then click the same icon at the very bottom that becomes un-greyed out when you do the first one. Hitting the bottom one will record your voice. Add the video once that's recorded and away you go.

No probs, really easy once you know what you're doing.

As for voice recording, all you need to do is select the "target" icon on the far left in the voice track, this will "arm for record" then click the same icon at the very bottom that becomes un-greyed out when you do the first one. Hitting the bottom one will record your voice. Add the video once that's recorded and away you go.
That's what I did, but I saved it and closed the program and later tried to add in the audio after the video and it no longer saved my voice. I'd have to play around with that some more.

Just seen your most recent (berlin wall) video, there's interlacing lines too as well as the black border stuff. Try the settings above with just a 30 second clip (so you don't waste time), it should look the same in windows media player as youtube, so if there's black lines or anything wrong, just scrap it and try again.

Saying that, you can see the video that my settings produces so you should have no problems, if you follow them 100% (apart from bit-rate being your own depending what you capture at) :smashin:

Yah, I'll do some 30 second private match stuff to try it out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom