1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI "out of range" message?????

Discussion in 'TVs' started by southpaw, Dec 28, 2008.

1. southpaw

southpaw Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I have just bought a Sony BDPS350 and have a panasonic PX80. No problems.

My mother has just bought a Sony KDL32V4000. When I plug the Blu ray player via HDMI cable into the Sony tv I get a black screen with the message "out of range"

I have done a search for HDMI in the settings and it recognises the BD player. BUT only seems to show the "out of range" message.

When I plug the HDMI cable into her Panasonic HDD/DVD machine it works fine.

Can anyone suggest why the Sony tv doesn't play the Sony Blu Ray? But there is no probs with the Panasonic?

And what is "out of range"

Thanks in advance.
  2. southpaw

southpaw Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone?
  3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook Moderator & Reviewer

Ratings:
    +3,256
    Have you tried turning the player on first then the TV, or the TV first then the player? Might be a handshake issue?
  4. table manners

table manners Member

Ratings:
    +73
    sounds like you need to change the output from the bly_ray player. ie dont send a 1080p signal try 1080i or 720p.plug the blu-ray player into the tv useing the composite cable (red,white,yellow) to get the menu back up on the tv then change the output resolution and then plug the hdmi cable back in.
    It should then work.
    hope this helps.:thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. emb63

emb63 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You've probably sorted the problem by now, but I thought I'd post my solution as well as it could help others :)

I bought a Sony Bravia, and a Toshiba DVD player, had the out of range message if using the HDMI cable (sound but no pic), but when using the scart, it was ok:suicide:
    I tried changing the res, no luck, but in fact, it came from the DVD player: there's an option to tell the DVD player whether your TV is PAL or NTSC. I set it on NTSC and it now works fine:clap:
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009