1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Ready vs Full HD

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fowlersrs, Feb 16, 2008.

1. fowlersrs

fowlersrs Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Ok guys can someone explain what the main benefits are of getting a TV thats Full hd as opposed to just ready?

Ive been looking into the panasonics, and I can afford both but I dont want to be wasting my money so to speak if I cant utilise this full HD...

most of my time il be watching freeview (no sky) and watching movies, although I will have a ps3 with bluray so could this be a bearing factor?

can anyone help?

:thumbsup:
  2. Dextur

Dextur Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Hi

Your ps3 can output at full 1080p (Full HD), Sky currently has no full HD content.

Much of the decision as to whether you bother with "full HD" , ie a tv that can output at 1920x1080 resolution is down to the amount of full HD sources you have or are likely to have, how far away you sit from your TV , what size tv your going for and whether you can afford it.

If your looking at a 42" your unlikely to get much benefit from 1080p (Full HD) over HD ready sets unless you around 5-7 feet away , some folks claim to see from further away but the further you are back, the less the difference between full hd sets and hd sets becomes.

If you have a decent whack of spare cash, want to "future proof "yourself, sit close to the set and are likely to watch from full HD sources go for it, tbh the price differences now on the PZ vs PX range are becoming smaller and smaller.

You might also like to be aware that unless you in a rush the new range of Panasonics will be out in a few months ie, 2-3. If you can hang , you might find a bargain to be had on the current range or can invest your money in the newer models.
  3. TechieSarah

TechieSarah Member

Ratings:
    +63
    My experience of having these panels is down to size, anything below 50" from the likes of panasonic and sony seem to be hard to tell from 720p and 1080p, whereas 50"+ seems to be slightly noticeable. There have been many reports on this forum that 720p pioneer panels give better picture quality than cheaper 1080p panels.
  4. jezzer256

jezzer256 Member

Ratings:
    +182
    Depending on the screen size and how far away you are, take a look at the image attached.

Jezzer

Attached Files: