Game Of Thrones Season 1 chat, opinion & speculation

i thought he
landed on the puppy. Seriously he could just be badly injured, find out next week

Loved the start with the White Walkers, hope to see them again. Khal Drogo played by Jason 'Conan' Momoa, seems like he will be up to no good, some rituals they were having in front off him and Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) :D

For those of us who are new to Game of Thrones;

Interactive Map (navigate around and click on red markers)

HBO: Game of Thrones: Viewer's Guide

The Clans & Family Trees

HBO: Game of Thrones: Viewer's Guide

Thanks for the links :thumbsup:

Having never read the books, after reading through the links and then rewatching the first episode, it made a lot more sense. :smashin:

I don't think it would have done much better on somewhere like E4 or C4 to be honest. Just looking at the viewing figures for C4 for W/E 10/4 there were only 5 shows that got more than 2m viewers, the majority in the top thirty got under 1 1/2m and that's on a channel that eveyone can get.

OK, so it's had a lot of advertising, but then it would have done on C4, as for the "large fanbase", personally I'd never heard of GoT until I saw it advertised.

Love the books but have Virgin Media so cant watch the series on TV - looks like I will have to find other means to watch it or wait for the Blu-ray (if it is ever released). I wonder how many fans of the book series are in the same position. Not that it matters what the viewing figures are over here - the success of the series will depend on the size of the audience in the USA. If Sky are using this as a marketing exercise to get people to take up Sky it has backfired on me - it has made me even more determined to have nothing to do with them.

Episode 2: The Kingsroad - 8.5/10

Enjoyed this more than the opening episode.

Great episode this week, even better than the first! 9/10 from me.

Just me that's finding all a bit average then? :)

Just been finding it very difficult to keep watching without being distracted by other things, like messing about on my phone :)

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Another great episode - some great performances from the young actors too. The hour just flew by. When
Bran opened his eyes at the end and the credits came up
I was sat there wishing for more. The missus loved it too - good sign! Shaping up to be a brilliant series.

Last edited:
Another great episode - some great performances from the young actors too. The hour just flew by. When
Bran opened his eyes at the end and the credits came up
I was sat there wishing for more. The missus loved it too - good sign! Shaping up to be a brilliant series.

Have to agree it flew in - when the credit came up it felt like it should only have been an advert break. Really looking forward to next weeks episode.

Loved it too! Easily my favourite show at the moment (but admittedly been stoked for this for a long time).

Wonder how much extra they've shot that may end up on Blu-ray?

SkyArts2HD 23:50 tonight George R R Martin discusses his first novel Game of Thrones.

Not that much seems to be happening and so early on we don't really know the characters or backstory that well - yet it's still immensely watchable and gripping.

This bodes well for the series as it builds up. I just hope that it gets the ratings and HBO stick with it.

Love the books but have Virgin Media so cant watch the series on TV - looks like I will have to find other means to watch it or wait for the Blu-ray (if it is ever released). I wonder how many fans of the book series are in the same position. Not that it matters what the viewing figures are over here - the success of the series will depend on the size of the audience in the USA. If Sky are using this as a marketing exercise to get people to take up Sky it has backfired on me - it has made me even more determined to have nothing to do with them.

For once I don't blame Sky.

The makers, HBO, are a subscription pay-TV service in the US (so if you lived in the states you'd be having to pay to get it anway) and Sky are showing this right from day one ... Unlike other popular US imports where they waited until there was a following built up on UK terrestrial telly and then swooped in to buy a show in order to entice its fanbase into subscribing to their service.

Great opening to the series and very true to the book IMO.
Just a shame George will probably be dead before he finishes writing this mammoth story!!

Have to agree it flew in - when the credit came up it felt like it should only have been an advert break. Really looking forward to next weeks episode.

I was the same.

I was like, *** I need more. :laugh:

Episode 2 lacked the rate of buxom wenches of the first. Apart from that it was seven shades of awesome.

That's my only complaint too. Buxom wench quota was lacking. :devil:

Arya being pronounced "Arr ya" (always had it as Arry-a in my mind).

Was its just me or did they change her name to Arry-a for the second eposide rather than Arr ya.

Im sure when they were looking for her in the woods they were shouting it as Arry-a (rhymes with Harry)

Was its just me or did they change her name to Arry-a for the second eposide rather than Arr ya.

Im sure when they were looking for her in the woods they were shouting it as Arry-a (rhymes with Harry)

No, when they were searching in the woods they were clearly calling Ar Ya.

Watched episode 2 and not watching any more. OK for the very young - lots of buxom wenches and good looking dudes mincing about in costumes. Bit like Conan the Barbarian but not as good.

The storyline does not lead anywhere - meanders along following some ephemeral path I have no wish to follow.

Pity, because I like HBO stuff. Can't win 'em all.

Watched episode 2 and not watching any more. OK for the very young - lots of buxom wenches and good looking dudes mincing about in costumes. Bit like Conan the Barbarian but not as good.

The storyline does not lead anywhere - meanders along following some ephemeral path I have no wish to follow.

Pity, because I like HBO stuff. Can't win 'em all.

Have you read the books? It is going somewhere don't worry!

Let's face it, AlanCD was never going to like the series, not sure why he bothered as he's stated elsewhere he didn't like the books or the story and in his own words:

the author needs to learn how to write.

:rolleyes: :devil:

Have you read the books? It is going somewhere don't worry!

Yes - I tried but couldn't get on with the style or the paedophilia.

I was hoping HBO would play around with the stories and make it into something better.

@Smurfin

I am entitled to give my opinion on an open forum, after all that's what a forum is all about. I know you don't like it because it is different to your own. So you can choose to ignore it if you so wish and not adopt such an aggressive affront.

I am entitled to give my opinion on an open forum, after all that's what a forum is all about. I know you don't like it because it is different to your own. So you can choose to ignore it if you so wish and not adopt such an aggressive affront.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, who ever said you weren't?

I'm just pointing out to other members that you were never going to like it.

Just because someone holds a different opinion to you doesn't mean they are being aggressive.

It's been a while...remind me who's a paedo in the ASOIAF books? I can't recall.

I can't recall either tbh...I've just re-read the first book and unless my memory is shocking (not beyond the realms of possibility), I can't think of any paedophilia.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom