Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having problems getting my nikkai dome 5.8 ghz av sender to my samsumg flatscreen?!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV Forum' started by Melmes, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Melmes

Melmes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I hope someone can help me, purchased a
    nikkai
    dome av sender yesterday from
    maplins
    connected from my sky+ box it up as per
    instuctions
    but cant pick up any signal whatsoever on the receiving
    tv
    in my bedroom - maybe 15ft away max (
    tv
    is a
    samsung
    flatscreen
    straight out of the box)-
    i've
    switched the frequencies around so they match up but am still having problems.
    the av sender has all the right parts
    eg
    :
    correct
    sending and receiver cables.

hope someone can help me

thanks

matt
  2. SUEBANETT

SUEBANETT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI, I ALSO BOUGHT ONE OF THESE BACK IN JANUARY WHICH TOOK A LOT OF SETTING UP!!! I MANAGED TO GET A PICTURE BUT THE IR EYE WOULD'NT PICK UP THE SIGNAL TO SEND UPSTAIRS. YOU DEFINATELY NEED HELP DOING THIS!!! I FINALLY GOT IT GOING PERFECTLY AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I COULD ONLY TURN IT ON WITH THE REMOTE AND COULDN'T GET IT TO CHANGE CHANNEL OR ANYTHING ELSE. I TOOK IT BACK TODAY AND MAPLINS WERE VERY GOOD AND JUST EXCHANGED IT FOR ME. UNFORTUNATELY, IT WON'T CHANGE CHANNEL AND I CAN'T EVEN TURN IT ON FROM UPSTAIR NOW. SO I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO WITH IT. IF ANYONE CAN ADVISE ME I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL TOO, COS WHEN IT WORKS, IT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lease:
  3. logiciel

logiciel Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,478
    Welcome to both of you, but do NOT shout, and we could do without the pretty colours, OK?
    Matt - let's have some details - what are the right parts and cables - how are they connected?
    Sue - It sounds like intermittent RF interference in your case - do a forum Search to find examples.
    Although the more expensive senders should be better, in practice the 2.4gHz sometimes are better.