Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has the PCH A-110 firmware been hacked?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Media Players' started by snowkit, Jul 22, 2009.

1. snowkit

snowkit Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a A-110, but was wondering if anyone has made a custom firmware hack that allows for for fast menu scrolling? The xtreamer has this out of the box but the a-110 suffers a little with the slow scrolling speeds.
  2. snowkit

snowkit Member

Ratings:
    +1
    can anyone give me an answer on this please?
  3. Nivek TT

Nivek TT Active Member

Ratings:
    +618
    Not that I know of, and since everyone else is quiet you can probably assume no.

The firmware is constantly being developed by the developers, usually released twice a year, with an attitude to improve as much as possible rather than inhibit and control user activity. Where as there are benefits of getting outside the limitations Apple impose on the iphone, there is a feeling that the PCH software developers really do want to give the users as much functionality as possible within the limits of the hardware so there is little motivation for anyone to 'hack' the firmware.