Harmony One: Can you copy and paste an existing Activity?

Gladiator111

Standard Member
Reaction score
For the Logitech Harmony One users:
Simple question, but could make things alot easier...

I have various activities such as watching tv etc. and have additional favourite channel icons. I want to duplicate an activity and change its functions slightly; however I would like to save time having to re-input the same fave icons. Is there the facility to copy and paste the activity? I think I know what the answer is going to be though...:suicide:

You're correct.:D
It's difficult enough to copy and paste text in the software, impossible with anything else.

Yes, and Logitech know it's wished for!

I assume this still can't be done? It is so annoying and creates unnecessary work for the end user.

I have an Oppo 83. I want to create a "Watch Blu Ray" activity which will be exactly the the same as "Watch DVD" other than 1 may be 2 things (analogue Multi channel on my AVR, and a different picture setting on my TV). Where is our duplicate activity button, Logitech?!

If I contact Logitech support and ask them nicely will they set it up for me? :D

Ditto Jaunty. Just got mine and it’s a pain in the backside having to manually write down a proven series of actions just so you can repeat them again, manually, when they are needed for another similar activity :mad:. A great bit of kit though :thumbsup:.

Yep. Remembering my macros (sorry, sequences :D) for Subwoofer Up and Down and putting them in is a right pain (so I haven't done it yet, I just switch activities to the one that has them with the IR blaster covered, then switch back).

It seems like an age since there was any updates to the software. Logitech should really get it updated.

I don't recall it ever being changed.
What sort of changes would you like?

I'd like it to be quicker for one thing. Mine has a white screen for about 2 minutes before the interface even loads (Mac - tried trashing prefs and reinstalling).

It sometimes won't load at all here but I don't think an "update to the software" would fix that.

If they wrote it properly it would. It just all seems a bit half arsed compared to even freeware I have on my mac. Don't get me wrong though, I love the remotes.

Isn't it more due to problems with their server than with the software itself?
Not that the software doesn't have faults - it's packed with them.;)

The remotes are so good the software could be much more polished. For instance when you click a button and the whole web page (let's be honest, that's what it is) reloads.

Maybe I'm being picky I don't know, it's definitely the weak link in the Harmony chain though.

No, we agree on both points, good quality of remotes, deficiencies in setting them up.
I don't know what you mean about whole pages re-loading, and they ARE indeed web pages, but I would prefer them to look like real ones, and to have up-to-date links and settings rather than ancient radio buttons with added "Next" links.

Why bother making us install software at all - they could have a lovely fresh website for people to visit. Garmin have connect.garmin.com for their gps users. Logitech could do the same. It'd be much quicker to roll out updates etc as well.

Yes, that's what I was getting at.
Their own web site is awful though, especially their forum.

Yes, it's still available for no obvious reason.
I suppose I ought to use it but never have.

Old thread I know but is it still not possible to copy an activity?

It's not. Nothing ever changes in the Harmony set-up procedure.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom