Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Feet Two 3D Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-rays, DVDs & Streaming Services' started by The News Bot, Apr 27, 2012.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot News Supplying Robot Staff Member

Ratings:
    +445
    Ok, confession.

I’ve never seen Happy Feet. There, I’ve said it. Never seen it, have no desire to see it. Oscar winning dancing penguins? Does nothing for me. So it was with more than a little trepidation that I spun tonight’s feature the sequel to Happy Feet, entitled, rather imaginatively, Happy Feet Two. Although with George Miller at the helm, a director with some calibre (the Mad Max trilogy and Lorenzo's Oil to name but three) there was, along with that Oscar win for the first film, at least some light at the end of the tunnel. Or that is what I thought. Unfortunately this sequel is a rather muddled mess of a movie that, despite all the grandeur and style, fails to have any real dramatic narrative or, worse still, any point to make and seems to exist purely because of that previous Oscar win. However, let us strap on our dancing shoes and tap away at tonight’s feature presentation, Happy Feet Two in 3D.

We open to a huge song and...

Read the full review...