Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hannspree XV37.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Geoggy, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malccy

malccy Member

Ratings:
    +1

No, World of War the tv series.

Model is the YT08.
    Xbox 360 1080i through component (dvd also excellent)
    pc through VGA excellent but through S-VHS terrible.
  2. AlbaJoe

AlbaJoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Can the rest of you follow. I would particuarly like to hear from anyone with the flash/ scene skip and what models they have. I think it hits both JT and YT but need to confirm..
  3. Inactive

Inactive Member

Ratings:
    +40
    No problem, if they sent you the wrong TV.

They are well out of order.
  4. B.M.Hicks

B.M.Hicks Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Having read up on the Distance Selling Regs it seems that I have 7 working days to return. Luckily it's been a bank holiday and a weekend since I got the TV so I'm covered if I wish to return it. Bit of a pain having to cover the cost of delivery but what can you do?

I think I'll talk to Teleland tomorrow, organise a return, get my money back and see if Intekx still have any JT's in stock. I really wish I'd gone with Intekx now but I smugly went for the 5 year warranty from Teleland.

I must admit that I somewhat naively assumed that LCD tellys were pretty much the same as LCD monitors and a listed res could be easily achieved. Having read up on the issue of 1:1 pixel mapping it seems I was wrong.
  5. bjnsharp

bjnsharp Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Do some of these different models look the same. The version on telelands website shows a picture identical to mine. But I know there is a different looking version available. Is this the one with the problems?
  6. AlbaJoe

AlbaJoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately it is hard to tell if it is YT08 is the issue as most of the testing has been carried out on the JT unit.

My main issue just now is this flash between scenes. If this common to both units I want neither. Can everyone let me know if they notice the flash. In SKY is where I see it, its like it changes brightness between scenes. You wll see it dim, its noticeable so you should be able to quickly tell.

Also if you can all enter your details in your signature as to which model you have and any issues experienced. In fact as a personal favour to me could you state Flash or No Flash, ta much.

Who knows the issues discussed to date may be common to both units, its just that we havent collated the information or everyone has fedback properly.

BJNSharp - are you sure its the same the one on the Teleland is definately the JT model, no question. If your control buttons are on the top of the unit then its a JT, if they are at the bottom right on the facia then its a YT.

Cheers

AlbaJoe
  7. bjnsharp

bjnsharp Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Right as far as I can tell these are the two 37" versions. This being the YT08-37E1-000G version:

[​IMG]

and this is the JT02-37E1-00G version:

[​IMG]

The latter being mine. So you have bought the tv from teleland believing it to be the same version as mine, i.e the JT. But they are sending out the YT which seems to have the problems. Has anyone else got the YT to confirm theirs is ok? I can't test this flash issue because I don't have sky, but I have not noticed it through my freeview box.

Seems you, Hicks and Malccy have the YT08 and have the problems. Until a couple more people confirm that their JT versions are ok. I suppose we can't guarantee the problems are with the YT version. But it looks that way.

If yours is the first one and you bought from teleland you have not received what is advertised therefore they have no leg to stand on if they refuse to replace/refund.
  8. KenMavor

KenMavor Member

Ratings:
    +6
    On the Teleland website the picture is of the JT and yet they are sending out the YT. Seems a pretty clear case that breaches the distance selling regs to me. I am presuming that there was no discussions between Teleland an d the buyer about a different unit being sent out. Certainly seems to be some problems with the YT model but that seems to be a secondary issue - you need to get back to Teleland and get a replacement to a JT model or a refund. Oh and tell them to change the picture on the website to the model they are selling.

Hannspree Xv37 JT02-37E1 : No problems.
  9. malccy

malccy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm wondering about returning my YT to Teleland due to the black bordering whilst watching tv as nobody else seems to be having this issue. For a cheap tv maybe its a small price to pay?

Does anyone know what Teleland replacement procedure is - do they deliver new one and collect at same time?

Not been able to get them on phone this morning.

Model is the YT08.
    Xbox 360 1080i through component (dvd also excellent)
    pc through VGA excellent but through S-VHS terrible.
    TV image always has black border
  10. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    No. I was also talking about aesthetics rather than picture quality. I don't like the 'stick-on pubic wig' (the triangle bit) in the middle of the speakers... I also don't like the buttons on the top of the set.. just my tastes really...
  11. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Have you any other confirmation of this info? If my email is wrong, yours might be too...
  12. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    That's what I was trying to say in post #695.

The user manual for the JT recommends you use 1360x768 for the PC. But with the YT it only list the resolution up to 1280x1024. This means that, even if the YT's maximum resolution is 1366x768, it has not been tested for 1360x768 and so does not support it for the PC connection... (and I assume for DVI->HDMI too). This is why you are having problems getting the max resolution and 1:1 pixel mapping on this resolution. It looks like it does 1:1 pixel mapping for 1280x1024 just fine...
  13. malccy

malccy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Have contacted Teleland regarding my black border problem and was asked to test tv through s-vhs to determine whether it was just an analogue problem. The border was still present until episode of Friends came on C4 and it went full screen but all other channels continue to have border. The screen image is terrible.

Then contacted Hannspree who are going to pick screen up tomorrow as well as delivering new one. They said they could not replace with any other model except model presently have unfortunately.
  14. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Are you going to be happy with a replacement? I would return the set as faulty and get a refund... Then buy the JT from Intekx.
  15. Gedd

Gedd Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Well my email ( yes email was sent directly to me ) is from the maker ( Hannspree ) and your's is from the shop.
  16. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Fair enough - I missed that...
  17. B.M.Hicks

B.M.Hicks Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As far as I can tell, I don't have this 'flashing' issue at all. Was afraid that now it was mentioned I'd notice it too but it isn't there.

hth
  18. olliegolf

olliegolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the whole panel thing has left me a touch confused.

The YT has LG and Hitachi panels and the JT has the CPT (taiwanese dudes). Now in my very limited knowledge i would of thought LG, Hitachi to be superior to CPT.... but the general impression i get from this thread is that the JT is viewed as the higher quality picture and has no problems with this flashing sky thing?

So in summary - if i was to go for one the JT is the version to go for and not to worry about anything else.
  19. B.M.Hicks

B.M.Hicks Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you are looking to use it as a PC monitor JT seems definately the way to go.

Otherwise, I'm not sure it's any better, really. The YT has a wider viewing angle.
  20. AlbaJoe

AlbaJoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you please confirm how your SKY is connected.
  21. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    I'm not surprised... My email from Intekx made sense to me. They were justifying the fact that they do not sell the YT and the JT only because it was of higher spec - being the panel from LG. I suppose they are also saying unknown Taiwanese maker CPT produce poorer panels which are in the YT. (Note LG are Korean and the Hannspree sets are made is China?)

But Gedd's email from Hannspree themselves says the opposite, suggesting that the YT is better spec'ed if we assume the quality panels are from LG and Hitachi...

We certainly know, so far from this thread, that the YT cannot do max resolution on the VGA. If that is the case the YT is the lower spec'ed set... so yes the JT is the one to go for...
  22. Inactive

Inactive Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I suggest you read the Distance Selling Regulations again, a company that sends a product different to the one that you ordered, ( without your prior consent ) is treated quite differently to the normal 7 day cooling off period.

I am fairly sure that the company is responsible for return delivery costs under these circumstances.
  23. Inactive

Inactive Member

Ratings:
    +40

The panels may well be made in Taiwan by or for LG, the company ( LG ) is South Korean.
  24. TheKork

TheKork Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Read through a good few pages on this YT - JT issue, can anyone advise on where you can still buy a JT? or has the YT taken over from it?
  25. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Yes, I realised that now, got a bit confused. I have corrected my post now. (I was thinking about Humax and LG - they are both Korean... I think ;))
  26. gregww1

gregww1 Member

Ratings:
    +73
    A bit off topic, but does it really matter where these panels are made? I heard CPT were the Worlds 5th biggest producer of LCD Panels...so they can't be that bad (although to my knowledge there may only be 5 producers full stop :rotfl: ).

For the record, LG (aka Lucky Goldstar) and Samsung are Korean...and if you go to South Korea...thats pretty much all you will see (inc. Daewoo) anywhere. On one two week trip to Seoul I saw a grand total of 4 BMW's, 1 Ford Mondeo and a Merc...everything else was a Kia or a Daewoo...seriously.
  27. Inactive

Inactive Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Isn't that what I said a couple of posts above?

Did you not see any Hyundai TVs/ Cars in South Korea?:confused:
  28. Dracokyaku

Dracokyaku Active Member

Ratings:
    +58
    I've been watching this thread for the past few weeks with the intent to buy one too, I mailed Intekx a few days ago to confirm that they are still supplying the JT Model - Looks like they are, E-mail reply below..

29. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    To me no. To the serious LCD TV pundit, yes ;) :D :D

I don't know how much the panel affect the PQ output and the resolution and the 1:1 pixel mapping. The emails suggest that it does...

Like you say most, if not all manufacturers share the same panels because there are only a few companies who make the actual panels. A bit like Hard Disk Drives...
  30. son_t

son_t Member

Ratings:
    +215
    Hey! Got an email from Intekx! (Someone there reads this forum!)

1) I didn't say the email implied the CPT panel was of poor quality. I should have said that it was my inference that the CPT was the poorer panel. Anyway there it is - this email, to set the record straight. And also I posted the other email in full for all to read and make their own conclusion - like gedd who said the info in the email was wrong...

2) Certainly not in the spec sheets...

3) I infer from this point that the Hannspree JT and YT 37/32" LCD TVs might be actual different beasts altogether... maybe sharing only the same name, manufacturer and some components sets (not the panel)... Is this a fair conclusion? Like a chemical compound, a change in one element changes the chemistry completely... the same with LCD sets? :)

4) Cheers, I have them...

5) That's good to know...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.