1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haggling with Sky

Discussion in 'Sky, Sky+, Sky HD & Sky 3D' started by shakedown, Feb 29, 2008.

1. shakedown

shakedown Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm heartily sick of Virgin Media and am ready to jump. Sky aren't running any specific VM offers at the moment so has anyone managed to haggle with the people at the call centre? I'd really like them to dump the £10 a month HD sub ...any prospect of that happenng ?
  2. CGizzi

CGizzi Member

Ratings:
    +31
    You have 2 chances!

Try it, if you dont get an offer you think is fair dont go for it!
  3. shakedown

shakedown Member

Ratings:
    +1
    that's exactly what Jock from Sky told me : " take it or leave it" . When I said " but I'm already with VM and I pay less than that" he just laughed !!

So, the call centre staff aren't authorised to give discounts to close a deal ?
  4. Starburst

Starburst Member

Ratings:
    +1,037

They don't have carte blanche infact under the old rules (as explained by an insider sometime last year) they would have limits to the deals they could offer but as SKY has clamped down on retention deals which cost SKY money it's probably even tighter now.

Put it this way, if SKY believes VM would rather lose money or at least not make a profit on a subscriber then it's in SKY's best interests not to steal that customer away:)

SKY have announced the new pricing for SKY+ and SKY+HD, no change to the monthly subscriptions but slightly cheaper hardware but hardly ground breaking price cuts in fact more expensive than many of the official promotions from last year.

Link
  5. dmiller

dmiller Member

Ratings:
    +4
    you're not wrong. was looking to get SkyHD and went through to cancellations to get the best deals and they're worse than what they were offering long term customers last year. Unless you sign up for broadband and phone, it doesn't look like they've got much room to manouvre.

I begrudge paying 200+ out of principle. If it comes down to 150-175 including installation, I'll jump in and fill my boots. Have to get my HD fix from Blu-rays in the meantime.
  6. Hillsman

Hillsman Member

Ratings:
    +46

You certainly got the right when you said "hardly ground breaking"

You could get those deals in Jan i think.

Sky are such... (well i cant really say here) but im sure you all get what i mean.