Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide + problems - digital TV channels have wrong channel numbers

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by marktko, Mar 9, 2009.

1. marktko

marktko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guide + problems - digital TV channels have wrong channel numbers

This is my first post on here so apologies if this subject has come up before.

I have a new DVD recorder and set up the Guide + system to record from both Digital TV and my Sky Box (external Source 1). It took a couple of days to pick up the signal and set the channels but works fine - or so I thought.

A couple of weeks back I recorded a programme off BBC1 and when played it back it had recorded ITV4 (had the right programme name mind). I then looked in the channel settings for all channels and noticed that all Digital TV channels were set as channel 028 ?? I went in manually and changed all the Digital TV channels eg BBC1 001, BBC2 002, ITV2 006 etc..

However once again I tried to record from BBC1 this weekend and it recorded some other channel. When I checked all the digital tv channels had been set to be channel 012 ?? It must be picking up new settings each night - incorrect ones at that.

It does not lose or overwrite any of the channel number settings for any of my Sky channels. Also all channels are correct when I flick through the channels to watch them - it's just when I record. I could just use the EPG which will work fine - but I won't have my Sky channels

Sorry if this sounds confusing but my questions are then I guess :

i) anyone else experienced this and now how to fix it ?

ii) if it can't be done is there any way of just setting all the digital tv channels manually and then preventing them from being overwritten by the system ?

Thanks for any advice
  2. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Welcome to the forum.

This problem has been cropping up a few times recently.

Have a look at the experiences of member HHTGGT on page 2 of this thread which may prove helpful.
  3. marktko

marktko Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that - seems it is common !