GTX 690 for an Xbox One???

neil26581

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of an odd topic but a friend of mine has just found out he wont be getting his Xbox One pre order because of Blockbusters troubles, but I have a launch day console from Game ready to go.

Now he is that desperate he has offered to swap his PC for the pre order, im not sure what the rest of the PC is but it does have a GTX 690 as I can remember him paying £800 for it last year does this sound like a good deal?

Is your mate delusional, 690 for an xbone I suggest you take him up on this offer!

He's not thinking clearly. He could easily sell the 690 which would pay for an xbox1.

If it were me personally and a friend was offering me his rig for a crazy price, I'd rather lend him the cash and tell him to keep the PC.

Your mate needs his head tested and you should take advantage of this.

its not the cash hopeless its he cant get a launch day pre-order now.

Yeh he is a bit weird like that went overboard on the GPU and skimped on everything else I expect, and now wants a day one xbone for Dead Rising 3 and some achievement!

Sorry Foster, wasn't paying attention. Far too late for me.

Yeh he is a bit weird like that went overboard on the GPU and skimped on everything else I expect, and now wants a day one xbone for Dead Rising 3 and some achievement!
Youll have to find out his specs =)

Is he a good mate or just someone you know?

They still have day one bundles for sale at simplygames

someone who has a gtx690 will have a fairly high end components in the rest of his rig, even though I think your mate is crazy I would swap the preorder for the X1. Get yourself a Steam/Origin account and play games the way they were meant to be played. :thumbsup:

I'd get in there quick mate before he changes his mind lol. Sucker!! :rotfl:

He's obviously on crack.

Best exploit this. See if you can get some cash too and tell him you've been offered more as they're so rare.........

Seriously though they're still for sale I believe so point him to the net and slap him to wake him up.

I was only ever going to buy one to play Cod with some friends. Can't bring myself to do it now. That's fraud IMHO. So many are going to buy this console for Cod oblivious to the fact that would be no better off graphically from their 360s. Wow!

My friend's brother sold a £200 GPU for £20, so stupid. Anyway, if that's value for him then I'd snap him up (as long as he realises he's paying for the luxury of having a release day console), or maybe pay him a bit more for the rig once you find out the specs.

snap his arm off and dont look back.

Xbone rumoured to run COD Ghosts at upscaled 720p to 1080p. No brainer IMHO.
Not rumour mate it's confirmed.

You're kidding? I know they like to churn the COD series out, but that is terrible. If I remember, the COD series always ran at 720p/60fps on the 360 and PS3 too, so like you said, absolutely zero gains.

someone who has a gtx690 will have a fairly high end components in the rest of his rig, even though I think your mate is crazy I would swap the preorder for the X1. Get yourself a Steam/Origin account and play games the way they were meant to be played. :thumbsup:

Not sure tbh, anyone willing to sell a rig with a 690 in it for an XO, who knows what other components are in there, it could well be powered by turnips.

T
You're kidding? I know they like to churn the COD series out, but that is terrible. If I remember, the COD series always ran at 720p/60fps on the 360 and PS3 too, so like you said, absolutely zero gains.
They were actually sub-720p and still struggled to hold 60fps with lots of action so it is some improvement!

I'm not gonna say snap his arm off like everyone else, see what the rigs specs are, the 690 can be had for 500 now, so if the rest of the rig aint great then you might want to keep the x1. If hes your friend then profiting off him isnt number 1 priority.

And if you want a console then there just isnt a substitute for it, if youre happy with pc then by all means i heartily recommend it.

yea cod running 720p on xbox1 due to esram and driver issues so the xbox 1 takes a hit with the resolution :( but that don't bother me as I don't play the game.

to the original poster !!! blockbusters allocated stock will be reallocated soon and from what I hear game will probably get them so tell your mate to keep looking and asking instore and online.

My view is he is a real friend then you wouldn't do the deal as it's not at all an even trade.

My view is he is a real friend then you wouldn't do the deal as it's not at all an even trade.
spot on :)

To be honest he wont miss out on much and probably save him self some money if he waits until December or January.

I have my preorder and have been tempted cancelling but I could gain money and sell it on flea bay for an inflated amount.

If it wasn't for some of the games and my friends having consoles I would be 100% PC and in my opinion both consoles are similar even though the ps4 has a little more power you probably wont see much difference in the games and he certainly wont get any benefit over his gtx690.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom