Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Tint On Screen Using Component Cables

Discussion in 'PS2 Forum' started by maide66, Feb 20, 2007.

1. maide66

maide66 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I changed the system config to Component cables , and I put it to 16:9 !
    And there is a nasty green tint !

I was using regualr S-Video cable and it was working fine and the color was good , but When I ordered monster cable component cable for the ps2 and got them today , and tryed to install it theres a really nasty green tint to it ! CAn anyone please help on how to fix it !
    Thanks
  2. Doomy

Doomy New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Make sure you havent got the red audio cable confused with the red video cable. And also make sure you switch the ps2 to component in the settings menu. Ypbr or something.
  3. Matt TRD

Matt TRD Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Just a guess but maybe you have the green and blue cables mixed up as i did that once.
  4. maide66

maide66 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the ps2 monstercable and it has the end that plugs into the ps2 , and just 3 component wires , the red the blue and the green , it has nothing for audio ! I plugged them all in right and it has a green tint on it ! I made sure I changed the settings in the ps2 , and it still is green ! IT came with an optical cable for sound , but i didnt plug that in ! That has nothing to do with the greenish tint right ?
  5. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Not sure what your green tint is all about but, Game do the conponant cables for PS2 that have the audio cables included in the block, for aboutr £7 (half price at the minute)
    Whithout these, you'll only get audio using your optical through your hi-fi.
    Is the block inserted fully in the back of the PS"?