Green Tinge Fault - Now full Panasonic 2011 range *Part 4* (open to any 2012 sets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its about give and take with respect from owners AND Panasonic to each other.

^^^^^ This.

To GGTVBD: :facepalm:

If you'd spend nearly £2000 on a TV which is not fit for purpose and you'd been continually fobbed off / lied to / made to feel like you were being 'too fussy,' you might have a different tone........

I also agree with the other members above in completely supporting the efforts of Scooby2000 in raising awareness of the Green Tinge issue and bringing fellow afflicted members together. Many of the people reading these posts over the past few weeks would not of heard of the issue. Just consider for a moment the number of potential customers Panasonic has lost from this thread alone. Then add in the number of users like myself that will be returning their set for a refund.

All adds up.

The reason Adam or Dominic havent replied is because there just isn't a fix. Not because of some anonymous internet slagging off.

I agree to an extent. But you've got to see it from their POV mate - would you come on to the forum only to be hassled when it's not even a job requirement?

it wont be the end of it, as its an inherent fault that's been admitted we are entitled to a full refund for 6 years when we decide we have had enough, after 12 months the problem lands back on panasonics doorstep and they will have to refund or replace with a working model

so everyone needs to step back from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

if you really have a problem get a refund, really is as simple as that.

Plus they have to be very careful what they say, they are representing a company and a single line could cause them serious headaches later on.
They will state only facts and simply can't get into a discussion.

Unfortunate, but the way of the world these days.

Well after 3 days with the update I can still see the green tinges when I'm on BBC news (the whiteness of the scrolling news) or assassins creed just show it all over. Even the clouds look different. I will report it to richer sounds. Try 1 more replacement hope for no tinge and if that fails get a refund and try another brand. Shame as besides this the tv is great

Let me know how you get on with Richer Sounds - I thought they only refunded up to 7 days post purchase?

I agree to an extent. But you've got to see it from their POV mate - would you come on to the forum only to be hassled when it's not even a job requirement?

Forgive me for asking, but I'm guessing you dont work in a corporate environment?

It's nothing personal for them, they aren't going to be reading the posts and thinking, "That has really hurt my feelings, I'm not going to post a comment". They're able to hide behind a corporate mask. They are, as such, just a representative.

Plus they have to be very careful what they say, they are representing a company and a single line could cause them serious headaches later on.
They will state only facts and simply can't get into a discussion.

Unfortunate, but the way of the world these days.

^^ what he/she said.

I've been watching these threads with great interest.

I've been a TV engineer for 28 years, 19 of those running my own business. It's obvious (to me) there's an inherent fault with the panels on these sets. Panasonic's efforts to alleviate the symptoms in these threads are never going to cure it, merely reduce the effect. It would seem they are working on it, albeit at the moment unsatisfactorily. But the way they are being hounded on here is nothing short of disgraceful.

Thousands of posts, some of a threatening nature, many from the same few people, lead by one of the site's moderators, who should know better. No wonder Panasonic have gone quiet at the moment!

It's got way out of hand guys, it really has. I'm amazed Stuart has allowed this to get this far. Can't see Panasonic wanting to do much for AVForums in future.

It must be very frustrating to have spent so much on a top brand, top of the range set, only to find there's an inherent fault with it. But to keep on as you are is crazy. Let Panasonic get on with it, give them time, I'm sure they will come good on this. Although you may not agree!

I own a G30 by the way. Which has no problems of this or any other type.

Ready to get flamed...

Which mod are you referring to here?

I think a few posts have been a bit silly and probably haven't helped but I think most people would see them for what they are; frustrated people who feel they've wasted money on a TV that doesnt really work properly, venting their frustration by making jokes. Most of these posts were not directed at Panasonic but at some of the independent "engineers" that were used to install the update and basically didn't seem to have a clue.

I'm not sure that any of what I described above has been led by any of the mods. I think the mod you are referring to has kept a good balance of drawing attention to a fault that exists in last year's Panasonics while trying to get members to work with Panasonic in a constructive way to get a resolution to the fault.

I think the "thousands of posts" you mention just describes the magnitude of the problem and not a handful of people making a mountain out of a small pile of earth created by a subterranean rodent.

I think you just looking for a reaction here. ;)

If you really feel your set is free of this issue feel free post a picture. :)

Forgive me for asking, but I'm guessing you dont work in a corporate environment?

It's nothing personal for them, they aren't going to be reading the posts and thinking, "That has really hurt my feelings, I'm not going to post a comment". They're able to hide behind a corporate mask. They are, as such, just a representative.

No I don't work in a corporate environment but I did work in a customer service environment for long enough and can say that the more abuse I got from customers the less willing I was to do anything for them. It's human nature.

Barbarians said:
Which mod are you referring to here?

I think a few posts have been a bit silly and probably haven't helped but I think most people would see them for what they are; frustrated people who feel they've wasted money on a TV that doesnt really work properly, venting their frustration by making jokes. Most of these posts were not directed at Panasonic but at some of the independent "engineers" that were used to install the update and basically didn't seem to have a clue.

I'm not sure that any of what I described above has been led by any of the mods. I think the mod you are referring to has kept a good balance of drawing attention to a fault that exists in last year's Panasonics while trying to get members to work with Panasonic in a constructive way to get a resolution to the fault.

I think the "thousands of posts" you mention just describes the magnitude of the problem and not a handful of people making a mountain out of a small pile earth created by a subterranean rodent.

I think you just looking for a reaction here. ;)

If you really feel your set is free of this issue feel free post a picture. :)

I've apologised to Gary, my post came across as having a pop at him. It wasn't intended to, I did write it in a hurry. Again, apologies.

I fully understand the frustrations but I think the thread's got out of hand. Some of the posts have been bloody silly.

If I were affected and felt Panasonic were fobbing me off, I'd return the set for a refund.

Nobody insulted any of the Panasonic reps from what I've read.

The guy above is right, he was looking for a reaction. Trolling.

Well after that 'confession' from panasonic I'm not sure what to do about mine now ?

Tbh I've kept a low profile on the vt30 threads as I've got issues with mine but have ignored them and just tried to enjoy my tv:) I've always had a green tinge and had a gt30 with the same issue and mostly ignored it but worst case is people's face especially sky sports news when interviewing managers after matches.this really shows it up.
Just hit the magical 1000 hrs and although the green has improved its still there !

Is it worth a call now, should I even bother ?
Was thinking of contacting TPS this weekend plus mentioning the other issues I have with it.plus after 4 months I've still not got my 5 yr warrenty and after that statement what good is it going to be ?

When this tv is good it's very very good but when it's does the silly stuff I start to think ...'I've paid £2300 for this and sold my previous Panasonic for £250 and never had any problems with it ,why bother?'
But then think I can't be bothered with swapping sets and having fixes or arguing the toss with the retailer
Times are hard enough at the moment without having to take days off trying to get this sorted it took me 18 months to finally decide what tv I was getting!

Last edited:
Kev12 said:
Nobody insulted any of the Panasonic reps from what I've read.

The guy above is right, he was looking for a reaction. Trolling.

I was in no way looking for a reaction.

Apologies once again if it came across that way.

Has any one had any written confirmation from Panasonic that this is indeed an inherent problem?
I know that my retailer will want to see this before any refund can be given.

I've apologised to Gary, my post came across as having a pop at him. It wasn't intended to, I did write it in a hurry. Again, apologies.

I fully understand the frustrations but I think the thread's got out of hand. Some of the posts have been bloody silly.

If I were affected and felt Panasonic were fobbing me off, I'd return the set for a refund.

I wish it was that simple. I'm outside of my "no questions asked" period and the retailer doesn't see the fault. What do you suggest?

I think the silly posts are very much in the minority and on the whole the thread has drawn attention to a major issue with the sets that wasn't really picked up in the reviews. I wish the issue was this well documented before I'd purchased otherwise I wouldn't have.:rolleyes:

Barbarians said:
I wish it was that simple. I'm outside of my "no questions asked" period and the retailer doesn't see the fault. What do you suggest?

I think the silly posts are very much in the minority and on the whole the thread has drawn attention to a major issue with the sets that wasn't really picked up in the reviews. I wish the issue was this well documented before I'd purchased otherwise I wouldn't have.:rolleyes:

Sale of Goods Act. Not fit for purpose, as 'gonzo' rightly said.

Well after that 'confession' from panasonic I'm not sure what to do about mine now ?

Tbh I've kept a low profile on the vt30 threads as I've got issues with mine but have ignored them and just tried to enjoy my tv:) I've always had a green tinge and had a gt30 with the same issue and mostly ignored it but worst case is people's face especially sky sports news when interviewing managers after matches.this really shows it up.
Just hit the magical 1000 hrs and although the green has improved its still there !

Is it worth a call now, should I even bother ?
Was thinking of contacting TPS this weekend plus mentioning the other issues I have with it.plus after 4 months I've still not got my 5 yr warrenty and after that statement what good is it going to be ?

When this tv is good it's very very good but when it's does the silly stuff I start to think ...'I've paid £2300 for this and sold my previous Panasonic for £250 and never had any problems with it ,why bother?'
But then think I can't be bothered with swapping sets and having fixes or arguing the toss with the retailer
Times are hard enough at the moment without having to take days off trying to get this sorted it took me 18 months to finally decide what tv I was getting!

How about a D6900 :D:laugh:

Sale of Goods Act. Not fit for purpose, as 'gonzo' rightly said.

Yes and if they say "we don't see it as a fault" the only way to get your money back is to take them to court.

Yes the onus is on them to show it is fit for purpose and fault free within the first 6 months. However if they stick to their guns I have to take legal action to force them to prove it.

All I wanted was a new TV so I could watch a few films and TV programs. :thumbsup: Didn't really really buy the telly so I could take protracted legal action against a TV retailer and/or manufacturer. Not really my idea of fun you see.

Hence the frustration. It's very easy to take your stance when you don't feel like you've wasted >£1000 on a TV that really doesn't work as it should.

It's really heated up in here tonight. Just had my return labels emailed to me from amazon they did it no questions asked (even though i'm 9 days out of my return window) :) had to buy a new box aswell because i threw the original one out :blush: Has anyone on here had a refund from amazon due to this issue? i rang them up and the guy had no idea what i was talking about with regards to the fault. Is it possible that they'll boomerang it back to me if they cannot find a problem? or is it pretty much iron-clad once they send you those labels? im returning the BD player and glasses which i got with the bundle as they are useless without the TV, Obviously :laugh:

Again i am not trying to stir anything up but the lack of any sort of comment from AVForums on this whole shambles beggars belief.

Unless there is more news on this, this will probably be me finished with Panasonic and looking else where once i can raise the funds. But we shall see.

Last edited:
Yes and if they say "we don't see it as a fault" the only way to get your money back is to take them to court.

Yes the onus is on them to show it is fit for purpose and fault free within the first 6 months. However if they stick to their guns I have to take legal action to force them to prove it.

All I wanted was a new TV so I could watch a few films and TV programs. :thumbsup: Didn't really really buy the telly so I could take protracted legal action against a TV retailer and/or manufacturer. Not really my idea of fun you see.

Hence the frustration. It's very easy to take your stance when you don't feel like you've wasted >£1000 on a TV that really doesn't work as it should.

I agree and am pretty sure that will be their stance. Dominic's words to me were (paraphrasing): It's not a fault. It is caused by the panel being under driven in order to meet eco requirements.

It sounded to me like Dominic was making sure he said that before authorising
the engineer to attend.

I agree and am pretty sure that will be their stance. Dominic's words to me were (paraphrasing): It's not a fault. It is caused by the panel being under driven in order to meet eco requirements.

It sounded to me like Dominic was making sure he said that before authorising
the engineer to attend.

so what, its met the specs and been sold, now issue a fix that gives enough voltage and make us all happy !:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom