Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Green Tinge Fault - Now full Panasonic 2011 range *Part 4* (open to any 2012 sets)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by barlimanrob, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barlimanrob

barlimanrob Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Mod: This is a contiuation from part 3 found here http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1579770-green-tinge-fault-now-full-panasonic-2011-range-part-3-a.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an engineer from ICTV Ltd. Farnborough coming out tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted as to the effectiveness of the patch on my panel.

Regarding the serial numbers.

Dominic did say for all with the issue to call in. It isn't as 'cut and dried' as 'all panels after 146**** have the fix.'

My panel is 151***** and doesn't have the fix.

Call in, get logged, let them try to fix it for us. It really is quite a painless process, once you can get through!

...........please don't brick my set..............

:laugh:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
  2. barlimanrob

barlimanrob Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Ps. Dominic.

Thank you for chasing them up for me, much appreciated.

Rob.
  3. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4,229
    Having caught up with this thread I hope Panasonic dont take some of the members comments literally.

There has been some venting of anger, frustration etc but after all these folk have spent hundreds to thousands of there hard earned money on there sets.

I hope they take a leaf out of LGs book and let these comments slide and continue posting here. Over on the LG thread there has been similar comments and more yet LG Dave still posts.

So go on Adam from Panasonic post and let the people know your still here to help. Or maybe a sub forum section like LG has is in order?

Any how all the best to those with this issue, I will keep my eyes on this thread to see how things pan out.

;)
  4. GoNz0

GoNz0 Member

Ratings:
    +61
    i think the lack of a 2nd post is causing more anger.
  5. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Has anybody who is unhappy with the update been in touch with Panasonic about the next step?
  6. GoNz0

GoNz0 Member

Ratings:
    +61
    scooby has, i am waiting for a bit to see what develops.

just glad to have a working set after the numptys that came and bricked mine.
  7. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,430
    Not heard anything.
  8. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Just upped the color output to 32 on my laptop and my green tinge has come back with a vengeance :thumbsdow missed my returns window with amazon so i don't know what to do.
  9. GoNz0

GoNz0 Member

Ratings:
    +61
    as its a known fault you are entitled to a full refund.
  10. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4,229
    I have found Amazon really good with returns, I think if you fired an email to them explaining the green tinge issue along with the failed Panasonic fix they may allow you to get a refund or exchange for another item.
  11. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie New Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    Amazon? They're the best, from my experience. If your TV's defective then you can return it to them, maybe for a refund, within the first year of ownership.
  12. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    do you reckon even with amazon? i threw out the box too :( have you spoke to Dominic since the update Scooby?
  13. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,430
    No and I wont be calling again, think I'll be going through my dealer now if this doesn't get sorted...thats me as a customer.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  14. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    That's what i think i am going to do now. Panasonic have had their chance
  15. freddie5

freddie5 Member

Ratings:
    +69
    My 28 days are up next week, i dont know what to do for the best. I really like the set and the picture is stunning - until the green tinge gets noticed under certain conditions.

It wouldn't be so bad if we knew where we stand with an official post from Panasonic, informing us of what happens to those of us who are still not happy after the fix. :lease:

The whole matter is an absolute shambles - sets need the fix, sets dont need the fix, fix doesn't work, doesn't install, bricks the set, etc, etc.
  16. GoNz0

GoNz0 Member

Ratings:
    +61
    raise an RMA, explain the situation that Panasonic are tying to fix it and the RMA is to stay open until its resolved.
  17. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,430
    I think it depends how bad your set is. This wasn't a fix, just an update to try and improve things enough for it not to be seen. My set has improved since having the update but I still see it sadly. I can see how less effected sets may work with this update. Its up to you what you do at the end of the day, sadly not a huge choice of sets out there at the moment.
  18. jimmya200

jimmya200 Member

Ratings:
    +165
    ...........MISSING PERSON REPORT............

Goes by the name of Adam and works for Panasonic
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. freddie5

freddie5 Member

Ratings:
    +69
    I am still waiting for my so-called engineer or the retailer who employs him to get in touch regarding the failed attempt at installing the update on Monday!!

It wouldn't be so bad if they had phoned me to put me in the picture of whats happening - update failed because............, we'll try again on next Wednesday, but no - nothing.

Waiting for the Blu-Ray player which was part of the package i paid for a month ago.

Absolutely shocking customer service from a local independant retailer, which makes me just want to box it up and get a refund.
  20. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,430
    Id get on the phone to the dealer and politely let them know how you feel and see what they say. If you did go for a refund the only sets out at the mo I'd consider are the Samsungs and I'm guessing stocks getting real low now, maybe see if you can find one. This is bad enough without having poor service from a dealer.
  21. Scooby2000

Ratings:
    +2,430
    Think another member my have posted this finding but with a light grey slide up the top corner of my screen clearly has a green tint, then if I open the menu it goes grey. Points to a power thing to me. just an observation whilst checking my set.... putting gamma on Scurve also shows things up more.
  22. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Bit the bullet and emailed amazon :( i really love this TV, its got the best PQ but i am so frustrated. I saved up for six months so i cant justify keeping it under these conditions. I think Panasonic's silence may have something to do with their recent reported financial losses. I suspect the peeps in charge have cracked the whip and insisted on silence. Admitting the fault was the worst thing they could have done. Looks like i may have to get a shamsung :mad: but hey ho. Id love to see their January profits due to this :rotfl:
  23. tele1962

tele1962 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,081
    Just been talking to Panasonic UK and this is what they are are saying regarding the update.

As far as they are concerned this was an update and not a fix, so if you still have the problem you are stuck with it as Panasonic UK will be doing nothing further regarding this issue, and the matter is closed.
    Contact your retailer if you want any further advice as PANASONIC UK WILL NOT BE ISSUEING A RECALL, REFUND OR EXCHANGE!
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  24. jimmya200

jimmya200 Member

Ratings:
    +165
    Well isn't that just great!
  25. CapoJay

CapoJay Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Sayonara Panasonic
  26. middleweight

middleweight Member

Ratings:
    +217
    shocking customer service, sorry to hear that people
  27. tele1962

Ratings:
    +2,081
    I am as shocked as anybody about this.

God knows how long i have spent on the Phone to them at my own expence hoping for a resolution to this and what for.................!

Come on AVForums what do you think?
  28. Jacksdad999

Jacksdad999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +470
    Sounds like its time to go to BBC Watchdog people!
  29. barlimanrob

barlimanrob Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Wow.

Is this from Dominic or the general Customer Services?
  30. tele1962

Ratings:
    +2,081
    This was from Dominic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.