Grand Theft Auto IV Play & Help Thread

With regards to keeping cars at the safehouse when saving games, is there anywhere else you can store them?

I want to start building up a collection but you can only get 2 into the residential parking bay!

As you progress through the game you'll get access to more safehouses where you can park 2 cars in the yellow boxed bay. Other than that there's not another 'garage' type place.

I believe you can park cars at safe houses you dont yet own, and it still saves them. Also you can park
at your first safehouse once it's destroyed
and still save them ok.

People have said you can store more than two per parking spot, but i've never had much success with this. Typically i've tried to park two cars and a couple of bikes in one spot, but something always seems to disappear - they do get bumped out by taxis etc crashing into them, but this seems more than that?

Best bet is to save one or two of each type you like and cant get hold of easily (eg: Turismo is always down by Faustians, NRG900 in bike shop), then drive about a bit and the game will spawn more of the sort you're driving. Park your car again and grab one of these newly spawned ones :thumbsup:

What about bikes. I am yet to try this, but I wonder how many bikes would be saved if you parked nothing but say four or five bikes in the yellow bay.

:cool:

Does anyone have the PSP compatible GTA4 guide. Would like to have this as it'll be easier to refer to the psp whilst playing the game

I know similar posts probably exist. I just could not find any.

I have completed the last mision where ***** died and I have only done 62%.

I knew that if I did not do all of the extra bits like the Police missions where you kill wanted criminals and kill the flying rats, then I'd be somewhere below 100%.

I'm just suprised that there is still so much left to do. I've been doing quite a few missions from the Police computer and I did a few races, but my completed % level does not seem to rise. I get a feeling I missed a few missions.

Can anyone offer some help or suggestions?

Bit of 360 news here:

'GTA IV' DLC may not arrive this year

Monday, November 10 2008, 14:10 GMT
By Liam Martin
160x120_gta4_3.jpg

A Rockstar executive has revealed that the downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV might not make it out this year.

The Xbox 360 exclusive content was pencilled in for an autumn release, but Rockstar's Dan Houser told Variety that the release date is still unknown.

"I'm not sure. It's going well, but we don’t know a date. We hope to be announcing that in the next few weeks. We're still figuring out a few things. We're more focused on quality than dates, always have been," he said.

Microsoft allegedly paid $50 million (£31 million) for the exclusive content. However little is known about what gamers can expect from the downloads, with Houser warning gamers not to "imagine this enormous thing it never can be".

Hey, I've just loaded up GTA4 (2 mins ago) and its saying there is a new patch (1.04) has this been mentioned by Rockstar? I thought the trophies patch was 1.04 hope it doesn't ruin my collection so far on GTA4!!

I don't know what its for but I got it too, apparently it's only for PAL consoles.

I was hoping it would fix the Online play bugs.
Whenever I play Bomb da Base II, as soon as the helicopter lands you get booted out of online mode and back to single player, it's really starting to get on my nerves.

I'm gutted, I am currently just past 26hours into the game just completed
Dish best served cold
thought I had finished the game basically and just found out via a friend that I have about another 5 missions left and a couple are real tough ones..

I was hoping to get the game completed in under 30hours now I might struggle as this game is getting tough. The hardest mission had to be
the one for UL Paper with the helicopter chasing after that other helicopter with Jacob. I was rubbish at controlling the helicopter

I'm gutted, I am currently just past 26hours into the game just completed
Dish best served cold
thought I had finished the game basically and just found out via a friend that I have about another 5 missions left and a couple are real tough ones..

I was hoping to get the game completed in under 30hours now I might struggle as this game is getting tough. The hardest mission had to be
the one for UL Paper with the helicopter chasing after that other helicopter with Jacob. I was rubbish at controlling the helicopter

It shouldnt take you four hours to do the last couple of missions but if your worried about it make sure you save your game before each new mission then instead of replaying if you fail, reload your game and save the time there

Only the very last mission is really hard but if you go in with some decent weapons and a bulletproof vest and use the cover system you should be fine (it was only the
jump up to the helecopter that caused me problems
) - note dont read the spoiler unless you want to know a key part of the final mission.

I'm about 17 hours in, and am now up to the 'Catch a wave' mission for Phil Bell.

And I've remembered just how much I hated doing it the first time. If he dies and you have to restart, it takes FOREVER to get from the strip club to the van, then to the island. And then he dies and you have to do it all again.

Utterly frustrating, although probably because I'm bobbins at it !!!

I made it in just under 28 hours!!! The final mission had to involve a helicopter I hate those!!

Just need to get to 100% now been trying to get the bowling trophy and I just can't do it!! Any advise?

I made it in just under 28 hours!!! The final mission had to involve a helicopter I hate those!!

Just need to get to 100% now been trying to get the bowling trophy and I just can't do it!! Any advise?

That one took me over an hour of constant bowling - I could manage two in a row but just couldnt get the third one - and when I finally did it i managed to get a fourth one straight after and then another three in the frame - best score ever. You just have to perservre and get a stance that works quite well - i generally moved a bit to the right and curled it in so it didnt hit the pins straight on but its all trial and error (I wonder if anyone has scored a perfect game on it?)

It shouldnt take you four hours to do the last couple of missions but if your worried about it make sure you save your game before each new mission then instead of replaying if you fail, reload your game and save the time there

Only the very last mission is really hard but if you go in with some decent weapons and a bulletproof vest and use the cover system you should be fine (it was only the
jump up to the helecopter that caused me problems
) - note dont read the spoiler unless you want to know a key part of the final mission.

Battle,

I know you've mentioned it before, but can you tell me how you did the 'evade 6 stars for 5 minutes' trophy. I know I need to start again, and do something on a train line, but can't remember what. Or how.

Cheers.

Battle,

I know you've mentioned it before, but can you tell me how you did the 'evade 6 stars for 5 minutes' trophy. I know I need to start again, and do something on a train line, but can't remember what. Or how.

Cheers.

Before you unlock the second island go under the algonquin bridge and climb the steps. this should lead you to the railway line then just keep running across and six stars will appear just carry on into the tunnel and you should be ok

Before you unlock the second island go under the algonquin bridge and climb the steps. this should lead you to the railway line then just keep running across and six stars will appear just carry on into the tunnel and you should be ok

What he said :smashin:, or jump in a boat and burn over to the second island and then just sail away (be careful not to go to fast or you will loose the cops)

Hello,

I am looking for people who are in need on most multiplayer trophies for GTA. I am in need of most and thought we could join up and jelp each other get them.
Looking at this weekend Sat or Sun between 12 and 5pm.

anyone interested add me: psn = stuham69
or just leave your psn name here and i will add you.

Looking at creating a a party mode with invites only then nailing those trophies with just those that are invited.

cheers,
stuart
:thumbsup:

O.k, I'm being a complete trophy whore on GTA at the moment.

One quick question, there's a trophy for coming 1st in 20 single player races, but I dont remember there being 20 different races - I can only remember about 12 from the guide - can you do races more than once???

I would be up for this, dunno what I'm doing at weekend though but want to do it soon.

Add me PSN is in sig and send me a message at weekend!

O.k, I'm being a complete trophy whore on GTA at the moment.

One quick question, there's a trophy for coming 1st in 20 single player races, but I dont remember there being 20 different races - I can only remember about 12 from the guide - can you do races more than once???

You have to repeat them to get the 20 - this was one of the most tedious trophies to get (only beaten by the 30 text message cars)

You have to repeat them to get the 20 - this was one of the most tedious trophies to get (only beaten by the 30 text message cars)

Cheers Battle.

They're all getting a bit tedious now, especially as LBP dropped through my letterbox yesterday.

I must resist and get as many trophies as I can.....

Hi i would be up for this Sunday only though and could be on for around 2-5pm.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom