Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto IV Play & Help Thread

Discussion in 'PS3 Action & Adventure Games' started by monkey business, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Stinja

Stinja Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,560
    You might need a different suit, and correct shoes, i think it's something like the one with the red tie and wingtips(?). Try sleeping to make a new save (do not overwrite your old one)?

Otherwise you game might have glitched and you need to load an earlier save and try again?

IGN: GTA 4 Mr. & Mrs. Bellic Mission
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. jumborat

jumborat Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Reply in spoiler tags

Don't worry about being at the church on time, its not really essential. Kate will call you and ask you to pick her up for the wedding and thats when the mission will start. The last time I completed the game it took quite a while for her to ring.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. for_mandalore

for_mandalore Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks lads, it's all cool now - the game is done! I think the problem was that I finished the previous mission late at night, but didn't get a call from Kate til about 7am.

Cheers anyway :)
  4. Stinja

Stinja Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,560
    We noticed last week they've patched GTA4!

Re: GTA IV UPDATE 1.06 OUT NOW - Official PlayStation® Community -PlayStation.com

Unsubstantiated mutterings other changes like NPCs getting into ambulances after you shoot them, and improved chase cam following your cars!

While the 50 friends issue seems fixed, we still get issues with particular people in our group being unable to connect with others? Typical messages are either when person A is in a lobby and person B joins, person A gets kicked back to single player with "Lost connection to one or more players. Returning to single player", and rejoining fails with the messages like"Unable to join the game you were kicked from" and cannot rejoin?

The other message is person A is in the lobby, and invites sent to person B take a while to arrive, and they cannot join (not kicking A) with messages like "Game session no longer exist"?

The only word i could find on opening ports are these: Take 2 Games - Help - Which ports are required to play GTA IV via the PS3 Network?

Anyone got any solutions to this?
  5. Br0ken

Br0ken Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,314
    Just started playing this again, it's such a fun game :)
  6. SonicStomp

SonicStomp Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Still working my way thru this game - loving it!! Already looking forward to the new LC episodes.

Is it worth getting the disc version or just downloading from the store? Is there a price difference?
  7. Battle

Battle Active Member

Ratings:
    +490
    Get the disc, the down load is 28 odd quid while i picked up the disc from argos for 23 quid and then off course the is the trade in value which is zero from the download
  8. Frasermack

Frasermack Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Good point, hadn't thought of the trade in. Was looking at this in Gamestation the other day and noticed it says on back that GTA IV disc NOT required to play and also says Network Play 2-16 players or whatever. Does the new content have new online missions like Hangsman Noose, Dealbreaker etc or does it mean that with the new content disc you can still play the old games without the GTA IV original disc? If that makes sense....

Just started playing this online again after an absence of about 17 months, had forgotten how much fun it is :smashin:
  9. Ronaldeano

Ronaldeano Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, quick question, does the game autosave every time you complete a mission?

Also, if it does, when you load it where will it load - in a safehouse or where you were when it autosaved?

I've been going to the safehouse everytime I've wanted to save the game, probably needlessly?!
  10. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,243
    nearest safehouse, but don't trust the autosave....
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. uknicknickuk

uknicknickuk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +218
    can anyone help me with the "Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic" trophy please, If so PM me :smashin:
  12. Lancia34

Lancia34 Active Member

Ratings:
    +635
    Got GTA4 on release day and have only played about 30 minutes of it. Tempted to give it a go after finishing Red Dead Redemption, which I loved - worth a shot?
  13. Sabre

Sabre Member

Ratings:
    +19
    In all honesty, think you might feel frustrated with GTA4 after having played RDR. I loved the game and have played it through twice but it does lack the fun factor of other games. Ballad of Gay Tony was much better.
  14. oska

oska Member

Ratings:
    +239
    I picked up GTAIV the other day as I sold it on after only doing about 30%. Really got back into it and have now completed it. Now playing through TBOGT which is awesome. It's really how the main game should have been.
  15. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Member

Ratings:
    +34
    I did the opposite of what Sabre is suggesting and the opposite happened!! ie, I finished and loved all 3 episodes of GTAIV and then tried RDR and just did NOT get on with it one bit!
  16. SparkShot

SparkShot Active Member

Ratings:
    +436
    Yeah i found RDR a bit dissappointing especially after gta4 which was great. i still play it on my pc every now and again.

I rushed through RDR and sold it as soon as i could.

GTAIV is probably still my favourite single player game this gen.
  17. Paul_T

Paul_T Active Member

Ratings:
    +757
    Only problem with GTA4 is the "liberty city minute" trophy for completing the main storyline in under 30 hours - if you absolutely bomb through it you're looking at at least 20 hours for the 90+ missions so you feel like you have to rush, and given the nature of the game world, rushing through it the last thing you should be doing.

Fine if you're prepared to play through more than once (for the trophies) but given the size of the game, it shouldn't be necessary.
  18. Stinja

Stinja Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,560
    Tried to play some multiplayer last night, and it wasnt joining people up very well? eg: 30+ minutes for an invite to arrive, and not seeing players within GTA4 as online, but clearly are in the XMB?

Any suggestions?

Managed to land an NRG900 on the barge though :thumbsup:
  19. Bagoose

Bagoose Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yo, had an issue with this game... can anyone help.

I completed the game on my old ps3 - wanted to go and have a bit of a trophy hunt. I've since bought a new one, and transferred data including save games. Put the GTA4 disk into the new ps3 and it installed the data to the hdd, and played music while it did so... go into the game, and there is NO sound at all. Have deleted and re-downloaded the update... no idea what to do? Any help greatly appreciated... thanks.