Grand Theft Auto IV Play & Help Thread

Handbrake is fine, just don't turn the wheel when you use it :)

I tend to use normal brakes for 90 degree corners and the handbrake when i need to do a quick 180.

hi, im about 35% through the game and today for the first time ive noticed a stutter, the game just pauses for a split second then resumes, seems to happen every few mins, even the cut scenes in the "three leaf clover" mission stuttered.

are other people experiencing this?

I tend to use normal brakes for 90 degree corners and the handbrake when i need to do a quick 180.

You just need to learn to feather the stearing round a corner using the handbrake - admitidly some cars are better at this than others - try doing a handbrake turn in a voodoo and you end up doing a complete 360, but the cocuette or to a lesser extent the turismo do a sweet 90 degree handbrake turn if you get the stearing right and stear into the turn.

I tend to go down in a blaze of glory if I can as you get to keep your guns but I just got nicked after blowing up a petrol station - I had nearly a full arsenal as well :mad: have to remember where everything was now to collect it up again
Can anyone verify if this is true. Do you loose your arsenal if you don't resist when being arrested and keep it if you fight the arrest?

...is there any way of replaying the cut scenes as my wife has a habit of interupting me right when these are on so i miss some of the dialogue!!
I personally always skip through the cut scenes. The quality of the animation/visuals/graphics on those cut scene is quite horrible. It's pretty much the same as many other games from the last couple of years.

I know being very negative, but the cut scenes put me off, so I rather just read the summary in the game menu.

I personally always skip through the cut scenes. The quality of the animation/visuals/graphics on those cut scene is quite horrible. It's pretty much the same as many other games from the last couple of years.

I know being very negative, but the cut scenes put me off, so I rather just read the summary in the game menu.

How can you skip a cut scene featuring brucie? thats pure gaming cut scene gold.

Your gonna love MGS4 then.

:rolleyes:

Okay....

I'm totally with you though, what's the point in cutscenes if they're not photorealistic - Might as well watch a movie eh?

Can anyone verify if this is true. Do you loose your arsenal if you don't resist when being arrested and keep it if you fight the arrest?

Nope - if you get arrested you loose your guns, however your nicked

Hey,

How do you pull off 'vehicle spins'? I've managed something like 13 'flips' but no luck executing 'spins'. What exactly are 'spins' while we're at it?!

Oh and BTW, notice how you can now pull off backflips on a bike for what I think is the first time in the franchise' history. Although that raises another qualm I have: why do the stats not acknowledge if you've done a backflip or rotation or not on a bike? Unless I'm missing something...

EDIT:

While I remember to ask: can you go see a comedy act or go on a helicopter tour with a girlfriend? I tried doing both with Kate and to no avail; their corresponding icons were all there and present but, in both cases, there was no yellow marker when I got there. WTF?

Hey,

How do you pull off 'vehicle spins'? I've managed something like 13 'flips' but no luck executing 'spins'. What exactly are 'spins' while we're at it?!

Ive managed to get about 200 flips but only 1 spin - I think its a complete barrel roll with a perfect landing, I can only recall doing that once so I belive that is what gets you it. But of course I could be completly wrong. :D

Ive managed to get about 200 flips but only 1 spin - I think its a complete barrel roll with a perfect landing, I can only recall doing that once so I belive that is what gets you it. But of course I could be completly wrong. :D

Or is it a flat spin, Top Gun style?

If you kill
Dwaye
instead of
Playboy X
do you ever get
Playboy X's
safehouse?

Yes, straight afterwards.

I killed
Dwayne
ages ago and still havnt got the safe house - i can go into the building but I cant get upstairs and there is no safehouse icon on the map

I killed
Dwayne
ages ago and still havnt got the safe house - i can go into the building but I cant get upstairs and there is no safehouse icon on the map

Oh balls, I thought you asked about killing
Playboy X
, sorry, wasn't concentrating.

Does the story run any differently if you kill
Dwayne
?

I think I have done pretty much everything except the stuff from whattheydonotwantyoutoknow such as the birds, jumps and also cars for stevie, when you take one of these cars where do you take it. Also is there an easier way of finding these locations without having to go to tw@ all the time.

I think I have done pretty much everything except the stuff from whattheydonotwantyoutoknow such as the birds, jumps and also cars for stevie, when you take one of these cars where do you take it. Also is there an easier way of finding these locations without having to go to tw@ all the time.

You take the cars to the garage near the 2nd safe house (in bohan - looks like a car wash but slightly different icon).

Within the game, there isnt any easier way than visiting tw@ , but the map below shows the locations of each car.

Text message cars

Playboy X

Dwayne
?

Not as far as i can see - you just dont get the safe house and you dont get
Dwayne
as a friend

Playboy X

Dwayne
?

If you kill Dwayne instead of Playboy X you only do 90 missions but if you kill Playboy X you do 94 missions in total.

But you have to listen to
Dwayne
moaning and whining and being a pain in the ass for the rest of the game. Wished Id been able to kill both of them...

Or is it a flat spin, Top Gun style?

What the hell is a "flat spin"?

It's really annoying because I thought I'd executed a barrel role/spin the other day but the stats begged to differ. I landed it alright but maybe not perfectly. So you have to land on 4 wheels and be able to drive away in the same car for it to be a "proper" spin, is that it?

What the hell is a "flat spin"?

It's really annoying because I thought I'd executed a barrel role/spin the other day but the stats begged to differ. I landed it alright but maybe not perfectly. So you have to land on 4 wheels and be able to drive away in the same car for it to be a "proper" spin, is that it?

A 360 degree spin while in the air (on the horizontal not the vertical)

A 360 degree spin while in the air (on the horizontal not the vertical)

Oh ye, that's what I meant by a barrel role/spin. So have you pulled one off? Is it just all about the landing?

Oh ye, that's what I meant by a barrel role/spin. So have you pulled one off? Is it just all about the landing?

Ive got one on my stats but im not sure how or where or quite frankly when I did it :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom