1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Earphones For Sound Isolation?

Discussion in 'Headphones & Portable Music' started by Timmer49, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Timmer49

Timmer49 New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I bought some Soundmagic E10 earphones. The sound quality for the price range is actually excellent but the sound isolation is next to nothing.

I am looking to get something else. I don't mind spending a little more, maybe around £50. Sound isolation is the priority, sound quality only second.

Can anyone recommend some for me?
  2. jamung

jamung Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Have you considered Klipsch Image S4? A bit over your budget though. :)
  3. Timmer49

Timmer49 New Member

Ratings:
    +17
    The S4 have a SNR rating of 16db. Even the E10s were classified as having 18db and they are rubbish. I'm after better SNR not worse.
  4. Steven

Steven Senior Moderator

Ratings:
    +5,410
    IEM isolate in conjunction with music playback. My Westone UM2 noise isolation is rated at 25db but that still only muffles environmental noise. Only by playing music I am then sealed from the outside world

A lot of it has to do with fitting too. How are you getting on with the standardised sized tips? I could never get it quite right until I upgraded and discovered foamies (comply). If you find the same then it you may not find an answer from a sideways step, whereas if the fit is fine then perhaps you just need to rest the water with an alternative
  5. HiFi Headphones

HiFi Headphones Member Assured Advertiser

Ratings:
    +77
    The best way to guarantee good sound isolation is with Comply Foam tips. These heat reactive foam tips solve the problem of fit, comfort and sound isolation for nearly everyone.