Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter - Discussion Thread

Starfleets clearly hasn't watched the amazing preview at Gametrailers as posted up above by Kevlar - linked again http://www.gametrailers.com/download.php?id=9406&type=wmv&f=

It's simple oustanding and they say that they are not allowed to show the best bits either! They also state that these bits are "genre defining".

We look to be in for a real treat for this game - I for see 95% + scores already and maybe game of the year material! :)

m1ket said:
if you have played bettlefield 2 on the xbox the 360 version is exactly the same but with upgraded visuals, ghost recon is a totally new next gen game, with visuals/gameplay options 100% better than battlefield 2

but saying that BF2 is an arcade shooter with vehicles and ghost recon is a relistic tactical shooter totally different games

Is that true?

there is alot of talk about the demo coming out today or tues! please please be true i need to play this game :thumbsup:

I went to HMV in Canary Wharf at lunchtime and listened into a conversation between a rep and a big sweaty bearded guy who works at HMV. This is what i could gather from the conversation:-

1. Release date IS 31/March, not 10/March as we all hoped. This is to do with end of tax year and a corporate position of wanting it to be released more in line with MS having 360s off the shelf. 10/Mar is US release.

2. The demo is on live by next week and is going to be a map of multiplayer to be played across live.

3. The graphics look immense. Imagine better than COD with a slight black hawk down twist.

4. The game is 99% finished

5. The game will be 1st and 3rd person.

6. The game is meant to be slightly easier to play for newbs to the genre.

7. The demo I saw was completely new.

I was so excited my tail almost popped out.

m40wen said:
I went to HMV in Canary Wharf at lunchtime and listened into a conversation between a rep and a big sweaty bearded guy who works at HMV. This is what i could gather from the conversation:-

1. Release date IS 31/March, not 10/March as we all hoped. This is to do with end of tax year and a corporate position of wanting it to be released more in line with MS having 360s off the shelf. 10/Mar is US release.

2. The demo is on live by next week and is going to be a map of multiplayer to be played across live.

3. The graphics look immense. Imagine better than COD with a slight black hawk down twist.

4. The game is 99% finished

5. The game will be 1st and 3rd person.

6. The game is meant to be slightly easier to play for newbs to the genre.

7. The demo I saw was completely new.

I was so excited my tail almost popped out.

Thats my Dad :mad:

Hes a very attractive man. Well done.

i-bert said:
I really hope GRAW plays as good as it looks because i can see myself spending alot of time on Live with this game,something i havn't done since i got my 360.

I hope so too! I haven't played much on Live either. Nowhere near as much as I'd expected. No game has done it for me on live yet (although I still think COD2 could be great, if some things were ironed out).

Hopefully Ghost Recon will be the one to brinig us back :thumbsup:

Me & a mate of mine have luckily been invited for a Ubisoft paintballing, and GRAW roadtesting day next week.

Should be fun!!!

Jammy git! :mad:

Gillsfan said:
Me & a mate of mine have luckily been invited for a Ubisoft paintballing, and GRAW roadtesting day next week.

Should be fun!!!

make sure you post report on GRAW and see if you can have someone confirm release date is 10th or 31st march.
cheers

ps you jammy ***!!:D

is1111 said:
make sure you post report on GRAW and see if you can have someone confirm release date is 10th or 31st march.
cheers

ps you jammy ***!!:D

Hmm to be honest I think March 31st is more likely over here - think about it, they would want the demo to be on there for a while to get peoples interest up.

I bet you it will take an age to download the demo - every bugger out there will be wanting it!

m40wen said:
Hmm to be honest I think March 31st is more likely over here - think about it, they would want the demo to be on there for a while to get peoples interest up.

I bet you it will take an age to download the demo - every bugger out there will be wanting it!

yeah got a bad feeling it is going to be 31st now. only three weeks later but there had been various places showing it brought forward to the 10th.
will be annoying to see all the americans gamertags showing graw and achievements!:mad:

is1111 said:
yeah got a bad feeling it is going to be 31st now. only three weeks later but there had been various places showing it brought forward to the 10th.
will be annoying to see all the americans gamertags showing graw and achievements!:mad:

To be honest mate, I will be more annoyed at them getting three weeks more practice, and then calling us all newbs. I am gonna own that demo! :devil:

Gillsfan said:

Should be fun!!!

You git! Who is covered in jam! In fact, you jammy git! :hiya:

So if it is put back to the 31st do you think it will be region free and worth importing ?

if so where from ;)

Turb007 said:
So if it is put back to the 31st do you think it will be region free and worth importing ?

if so where from ;)

No idea mate. To be honest I really am going to practice across live on the demo till its second nature. The days of me being desperate for a game have long gone so will just wait for a UK release.

Patience is a virtue my friend :lesson:

I orderd the game through the UBI SOFT website with the promise of getting the game on release day (If not it's free :cool: )

So I have asked the question on the site to confirm the release date. So I should get a reply within 48 hours - will let everyone know the result :thumbsup:

cheers

Jim

I really hope they have not put too much auto-aim into it :thumbsdow

I thought it had been confirmed as the 10th by ubisoft themselves on their GR forums

Hope they don't delay it any longer, seriously getting bored of the current games i have

holtehero said:
I thought it had been confirmed as the 10th by ubisoft themselves on their GR forums

Hope they don't delay it any longer, seriously getting bored of the current games i have

Just checked -

9 Mar for the US
10 Mar for Europe

This is on the official UBI Soft website. So I think I will go with that for the time being :thumbsup:

cheers

Jim

Like kidgloves I've never played a Ghost Recon before but I'm really revved up for it now. Can't wait for it. I've even booked Friday, Monday and Tuesday off work to get to grips with it and kick some enemy ass.

Hell yeah!

*plays The Rolling Stones' Paint it Black*

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom