1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games' started by Cowden_harley, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever Member

Ratings:
    +79
    So your basing an opinion of what the game will be like over something as petty as the suit or in general graphics. IMO the animation look & feel of the soldier is spot on definatly next generation i suggest you go inspect further if you still feel the same way. Never have i seen a character model looks and move so fluidly.

Battlefield again is a different animal to GRAW, ive played it on the pc. Its a most enjoyable game but the pace is really really quick. The enviroments ARE NOT the same as GRAW if its anything like the Pc version so i have no idea were your getting that from. Fully controlable vehicles are in BF2 but the black hawk is in the MP of GRAW its just A.I thats flying you can man the gatling gun.

Out of the small things ive seen of BF2 im alot more impressed with GRAW as a total package. Ive only seen one BF2 in game screen shot and to say it was less than impressive about sums it up, but it could be an early days shot. Have alook it looks to PDZ for my liking wereas GRAW is realistic looking, but you can base your own opinion.
    [​IMG]
  2. bad robot

bad robot Member

Ratings:
    +357
    Seriously i dont see why anyone can say much bad about this title. Starfleets you are really hard to please.

The recent videos show to me what looks like an absolute stormer of a game and check out that HDR the shadows the explosions and as mentioned above the animations. Not forgetting the PIP technology the whole new com system how all this will be utilised in single and multiplayer and the new moves within the game.

Tell me this isnt a match for many PC games from a technical and visual overview which really leaves the past Xbox generation behind or am i just being biased?

Lets hope the AI isnt poo and it plays as well as it looks/sounds....
  3. Deeez Nuuutz

Deeez Nuuutz Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Couldn't agree more, its a very exciting prospect and i think the cross-com is going to become a fantastic part of the game. Whats more, the graphics are jaw dropping and screaming of next gen and as said before they move really well with such fluidity that its scary.

I'm so looking forward to this game... so much infact that i've ordered a HDTV in time for when its released :thumbsup:

If thats not a testament to what i think this game is going to be like then i don't know what is.
  4. kidgloves

kidgloves Member

Ratings:
    +60
    OMG :eek:

Never played Ghost Recon before but this looks right up my street.
    March is going to be an expensive month.
    I love the fact there are no cut-scenes which to me is just padding games out to make them seem bigger.
    The French gameplay videos are incredible, really immersive.
  5. aftertaste

aftertaste Member

Ratings:
    +87
    What would the uniform need to do to please you?

Everything in this game looks great to me. The most "next-gen" thing I've seen so far, if we have to use that phrase.

Both visually and gameplay-wise, this looks to be the standout release for the 360 so far.
  6. aftertaste

aftertaste Member

Ratings:
    +87
    When are there likely to be some reviews popping up for this game? There are already 1 or 2 around for Fight Night, and that's a similar release date. Possible early reviews for this too?

One other thing (not worth starting a whole new thread about). Anyone know if there are any more trailers/previews of Splinter Cell Double Agent, other than the teaser trailer that's been around for a while now?
  7. Moogle

Moogle Member

Ratings:
    +1,448
    Fight Night is out in the US tomorrow. That is why there are already reviews for it. Ghost Recon isn't being released in the US and Europe for another 2 weeks or so.
  8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter is looking absolutely fantastic. Munks described some of the more innovative and exciting aspects of the game above and this is looking like it wiill be the first really next gen title on the 360. Games like Kameo, NBA & Madden have provided us with some very nice visuals but GR:AW goes beyond that and provides a game that just oozes next gen from every pore.

How anyone can say that the soldier models and animation is nothing short of spectacular I do not know. The players move in a very lifelike manner and the suits are very highly detailed. When you add in the fantastic use of light and shadows (especially in relation to their real time interaction with the soldier models) and HDR then it just looks amazing. The huge landscapes portray a very high level of detail and the draw distance is just outstanding.

The most important aspect of the game is how it plays but the visuals most certainly do an amazing job of providing immersion and a great sense of reality. From what i've read so far it seems the gameplay more than matches the breathtaking visuals and this will really be IMO, the Live game on the 360 for some time. To have a team of people working like a well oiled machine where you are just a cog in that machine is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences going. GR:AW seems that it may well become THE tactical team play game, not only on the 360 but across all platforms.
  9. aftertaste

aftertaste Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I knew that, so I have no excuse for my stupid question :D Let's forget I ever asked!

Craving some reviews of this though!
  10. i-bert

i-bert Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Having just watched some BF2 vids i can't understand how Starfleets can be so negative towards GRAW.The gfx look good but the lack of recoil on the guns is going to kill this game for me.
    It reminds me of BFV on the PC before they patched it,running around with an M60 that has as much recoil as a water pistol.

I really hope GRAW plays as good as it looks because i can see myself spending alot of time on Live with this game,something i havn't done since i got my 360.
  11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Starfleets clearly hasn't watched the amazing preview at Gametrailers as posted up above by Kevlar - linked again http://www.gametrailers.com/download.php?id=9406&type=wmv&f=

It's simple oustanding and they say that they are not allowed to show the best bits either! They also state that these bits are "genre defining".

We look to be in for a real treat for this game - I for see 95% + scores already and maybe game of the year material! :)
  12. syntax error

syntax error Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is that true?
  13. Windtalker

Windtalker New Member

Ratings:
    +56
    there is alot of talk about the demo coming out today or tues! please please be true i need to play this game :thumbsup:
  14. MonkeyKnuckle

MonkeyKnuckle Member

Ratings:
    +730
    i have heard 2 weeks before release. whats the date today?(thats not sarcasm, i dont know:) )
  15. Noggin1980

Noggin1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,138
    It's 20th Feb today, assuming you are on a windows xp Pc hoving your mouse over the clock in the bottom right had corner will show you the date
  16. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I went to HMV in Canary Wharf at lunchtime and listened into a conversation between a rep and a big sweaty bearded guy who works at HMV. This is what i could gather from the conversation:-

1. Release date IS 31/March, not 10/March as we all hoped. This is to do with end of tax year and a corporate position of wanting it to be released more in line with MS having 360s off the shelf. 10/Mar is US release.

2. The demo is on live by next week and is going to be a map of multiplayer to be played across live.

3. The graphics look immense. Imagine better than COD with a slight black hawk down twist.

4. The game is 99% finished

5. The game will be 1st and 3rd person.

6. The game is meant to be slightly easier to play for newbs to the genre.

7. The demo I saw was completely new.

I was so excited my tail almost popped out.
  17. syntax error

syntax error Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Thats my Dad :mad:
  18. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Hes a very attractive man. Well done.
  19. aftertaste

aftertaste Member

Ratings:
    +87
    I hope so too! I haven't played much on Live either. Nowhere near as much as I'd expected. No game has done it for me on live yet (although I still think COD2 could be great, if some things were ironed out).

Hopefully Ghost Recon will be the one to brinig us back :thumbsup:
  20. Gillsfan

Gillsfan New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Me & a mate of mine have luckily been invited for a Ubisoft paintballing, and GRAW roadtesting day next week.

Should be fun!!!
  21. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Jammy git! :mad:
  22. is1111

is1111 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    make sure you post report on GRAW and see if you can have someone confirm release date is 10th or 31st march.
    cheers

ps you jammy ***!!:D
  23. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Hmm to be honest I think March 31st is more likely over here - think about it, they would want the demo to be on there for a while to get peoples interest up.

I bet you it will take an age to download the demo - every bugger out there will be wanting it!
  24. is1111

is1111 Member

Ratings:
    +38
    yeah got a bad feeling it is going to be 31st now. only three weeks later but there had been various places showing it brought forward to the 10th.
    will be annoying to see all the americans gamertags showing graw and achievements!:mad:
  25. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    To be honest mate, I will be more annoyed at them getting three weeks more practice, and then calling us all newbs. I am gonna own that demo! :devil:
  26. daKlone

daKlone Member

Ratings:
    +19
    You git! Who is covered in jam! In fact, you jammy git! :hiya:
  27. Turb007

Turb007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214
    So if it is put back to the 31st do you think it will be region free and worth importing ?

if so where from ;)
  28. m40wen

m40wen New Member

Ratings:
    +36
    No idea mate. To be honest I really am going to practice across live on the demo till its second nature. The days of me being desperate for a game have long gone so will just wait for a UK release.

Patience is a virtue my friend :lesson:
  29. klander

klander Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    does any 1 know when this comes out in uk?
  30. jim_is_ere

jim_is_ere Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I orderd the game through the UBI SOFT website with the promise of getting the game on release day (If not it's free :cool: )

So I have asked the question on the site to confirm the release date. So I should get a reply within 48 hours - will let everyone know the result :thumbsup:

cheers

Jim