Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Drivers onto a PC with no internet connection

Discussion in 'Computer Systems' started by gmoreton17, Feb 8, 2012.

1. gmoreton17

gmoreton17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right I'm looking for some help. I'm not useless with a pc, or so I thought until now! I had problems with my Hewlett Packard pc and was advised to restore it back to factory/default settings so having the original disc I did it and all seemed fine until I tried to connect to my sky broadband via wifi. I found I could not find the network and the network is fine as my iPad and netbook use it regularly. I thought there might be a problem with drivers etc so i checked the device manager and found out the following devices drivers had not installed properly:

802.11 bg WLAN
    Audio device on high definition audio bus
    Beanbag emulation device
    Multimedia video controller
    Sm bus controller
    USB camera
    Ethernet controller
    Video controller (VGA Compatible)

Since i couldn't use my pc to update the drivers I tried to put drivers on a portable drive via my net book to then upload to my pc. However when I tried drivers would only upload as useful for my net book and wouldn't sit on my hard drive. I'd drag them out of the net books drivers folder but when I tried to upload them to the pc it would not see them as appropriate.

Can someone help as I'd like to get the pc online again? Please give me noddy level instructions - if it helps I restored the pc to default originally because it was extremely slow to respond to inputs and would not shut down when told to. Thanks in advance!!!
  2. davemackenzie

davemackenzie Member

Ratings:
    +85
    So the drivers are the correct ones for the desktop pc? The only one I would install is the network controller, Then run windows update to install the others or download direct from manufacturer. What operating system is the pc running on?
  3. spyder viewer

spyder viewer Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +942
    I'm going to move this thread over to general computers as thats more appropriate.

You need the original motherboard installation utility (get it from HP) . That will get all the missing stuff on the motherboard working. What's the exact model of computer?

Alternatively, download the drivers from the hp site to a memory stick and transfer to the pc using that. You cant use the drivers on your netbook (they are only for your netbook). You need to download the correct ones from HP.
  4. gmoreton17

gmoreton17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The OS is Windows XP Home Edition version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600. The PC is a HP-Pavilion model GU607AA-AB9 m9050.pt and its a 32 bit system.

How do I actually convince the net book to download the correct driver(s) for my PC to a memory stick plugged into the netbook so I can transfer them?
  5. gmoreton17

gmoreton17 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well model might actually be m9090
  6. spyder viewer

spyder viewer Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +942
    You go to this site, enter the details of your pc and select the drivers you want. It should ask you if you want to run them or save them. Select save and store on the pen drive.

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012