Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garmin 200w UK - Europe maps??

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by snowgatehead, Dec 24, 2007.

1. snowgatehead

snowgatehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a new Garmin 200W this week, the catalouge instore said it has europe maps onboard, but the box and Garmins website say it only has maps for uk & ireland.

Looking at the maps on powering up the unit is HAS all the maps for europe on it and will let me simulate routes in france, so iam a little puzzled.

So will this unit work in france (the reason why i bought it), or should i just take this back as it was missold?

Anyone else noticed this?

Cheers, Mery Xmas
  2. Naqv

Naqv Active Member

Ratings:
    +190
    erm If it has the europe maps and you can use them, then you keep it.
  3. PowerLee

PowerLee Member

Ratings:
    +24
    The 200 / 200W will only have the major roads of europe on, it wont have street level mapping like it will have for the U.K.

The 250 / 250W is the model that has U.K. & Europe included.

Theres a rumor ( only a rumor at the minute ) of Garmin issuing a map update for the 200 series in febuary / march 2008.

Depending on which version maps your unit has installed you may get an update if the rumor is true.

When they did the map update to version 9 on the old Garmin I3 in december 2006 owners found when the new V9 map dvd rom dropped through there door it included all of Europe to street level mapping as well as the U.K.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. snowgatehead

snowgatehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks powerlee, more or less noticed that major euopean roads are only on the unit.

I think I will keep it and wait and see if garmin do the update, if not I can get the garmin france SD card for £49 online.

I will wait and see for the update though
  5. PowerLee

PowerLee Member

Ratings:
    +24
    If you tap on SETTINGS, scroll down & tap MAP, then tap MAP INFO it will tell you which version & region maps you have installed on your Nuvi ;)

Post up what you find for your unit.