Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming dilemma

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Chat' started by muttyhc, Jan 15, 2012.

1. muttyhc

muttyhc Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi all, I've got a dilemma and could do with some input.

Currently I own the following - 360, ps3, ipad 2 and will soon have a decent android mobile phone.

I don't really play my 360/ps3 too much currently, but can't let them go as I will get around to certain games eventually - though I really don't play them that much!

I have the following options.

Stay as I am and upgrade to ipad 3 if its worth it, use that for portable gaming (though I really don't like most of what's on offer)

OR

change to Blackberry Playbook/ Kindle Fire device + Playstation Vita.

Tablet wise I use it for the following - Internet, hotukdeals, avforums (apps for websites generally) - don't really game on it, I have approx 30games, I play approx 3 (yahtzee, scrabble etc)

I tried all the games including infinity blade and just don't get on with them.

I really do like my ipad, but in general don't use it to it's potential.

Playbook can do all of that, bar the fact I lose a few inches on the screen (which at first wouldn't be great) and with os2 coming it will be improved.

Vita would definitely allow me to portably game with some really good apps (I thought about the 3ds, but dislike the 3d aspect ironically).

Hence my query.

What would you do, if you were me?

Thanks.
    Muttyhc.
  2. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo Active Member

Ratings:
    +785
    How long can you wait for? For mobile gaming the Project Fiona from Razr looks pretty good.

I was in the same position as you so what I did was, sell my Xbox used that money to upgrade my PC to a gaming machine, keep the PS3 for the exclusives (Uncharted etc) and keep the iPad.

That way with the PC being your main gaming machine you will have a experience that no console can come close to so far.