1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamers of a more senior stature...and those that work unusual hours...

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by Basil Plumley, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley New Member

Ratings:
    +733
    Having just defected from the darkside due to countless online problems and going back to the XBox, I realise that the majority of my friends on PSN were from a thread in that section for older gamers...was wondering if anybody here was interested in having senior citizens nights online with the XBox...

I'm actually 45 and have been casually gaming since the days of the SNES - I'm not very good - at any games - and have to play whenever I can use the TV freely...as a shift worker that does a 4 day pattern, that sometimes means I actually play DURING THE DAY!!:eek::D

Anybody else here the "wrong side of 18" and sometimes sit there all day waiting for a decent game to come along...? If so, please add me to your friends and your name to the list and we'll get some coffee mornings started!
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. astroturf

astroturf Member

Ratings:
    +845
    Check the CoD: Black Ops forum mate. There's plenty of people on there, most the wrong side of 30! Get yourself onto the Black Ops gamertag and i'm sure there will be many people online all day long from there!
  3. Ico.

Ico. Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Well... sssshhhhhhh..... but I'm 40 and been gaming since I had my 1st 16k Spectrum, with a rubber keyboard!:rotfl: Oh how I loved Jetpack and 3D deathcahse!

With family commitments I don't get on often as I would like but feel free to chuck us an invite if you need some easy cannon fodder to play with.:smashin:

edit: I did have BLOPs but didn't really find the multiplayer that exiting so traded that for NFS Hot Pursuit. I do fancy getting back into Halo Reach though that has been sat on my shelf since I finished the SP.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  4. Mark Hodgkinson

Mark Hodgkinson Reviewer & News Writer Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,273
    Same as Ico, I'm 40 and been gaming (badly) for years.

Currently playing a fair bit of Halo Reach online and getting my ass handed to me on a regular basis. Check my K/D ratio of somewhere around 0.6:D

Chuck me a FR, if you like:)
  5. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley New Member

Ratings:
    +733
    It's full mate...:(
  6. conan

conan Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Count me in for some fun also, nearer 50 than 40 but been gaming since my 1st ZX80 in 1980. Getting fed up with my 15 yr old son handing me my ass playing COD or Halo :) But I still beat him to the chequered flag on driving games :D
  7. bigjb

bigjb Active Member

Ratings:
    +216
    Another more senior rubbish gamer who started off with the phillips g7000 and never looked back.

Been away from gaming for a while but predictably just got another 360 so hopefully get to enjoy a few gaming whippings over the next few months.

Anyone can add me if they like.Do shiftwork so could be around at any time of day.

Xbox gamertag : biggrumpyballs
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  8. stevie1556

stevie1556 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm 28 and working shifts so I'm on at random times. My 9 year old nephew will hand my ass on a plate to me when we play COD :(

Feel free to add me if ya want :)
  9. mushii

mushii Member

Ratings:
    +75
    Add another 40+ gamer to the list. Once a diehard MMO player (EQ and EQ2) left the life hoover and got an XBox. Gamertag UnsaidMushii. Mainly playing BC2 and FableIII at the moment.

Mushii
  10. trickytree20

trickytree20 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Another one whos come from the darkside and three weeks from being 40 :eek:
    Do shift work also mainly playing Fifa at the mo but looking to get NFS soon any one free to send FR:smashin:
  11. Griffith400

Griffith400 Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Would it be OK to drop you guys some FRs?

I always thought I was a reasonable gamer...having loads of 'experience' from the old days of Pong and then the graphics beast that was the Atari VCS 2600 ;)

However, same as you guys, having to work for a living means my Call of Duty & Halo skills are sadly lacking with the youngsters giving me a right hiding! Recently been playing Forza 3 to try and complete it's Achievements since I can do that without being humiliated!

Cheers,

Steve.
  12. kasumi

kasumi Member

Ratings:
    +34
    :smashin:
    Yup definitely, 39 here, I'll try an remember to send a FR later tonight.
  13. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley New Member

Ratings:
    +733

Crack on mate...that's why I started this thread. At least admitting our age we don't have to make excuses to pause the game to go to the lav three times an hour...:D
  14. MrSmiley

MrSmiley Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,191
    Is this thread for Grandads only? :laugh:
  15. King Tones

King Tones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,139
    Better let Rob & Pete know and ask a mod to increase the Font

:laugh:
    • Thanks Thanks x 4
  16. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley New Member

Ratings:
    +733
    Well I am a grandad but anybody with kids of their own can tag along - but you must regularly get hammered by your kids at whatever you play - I get hammered by my grandson and he's only 7 months old...:(:D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Jisonga

Jisonga Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Any room for a 38 year old driving nut to join the fun?

I also have to share the TV in the front room and because i work nights 4.30pm - 1.30am i am either on first thing in the morning after work or late morning while little one is at school and the other half is out and about.

I have just booted up Xbox and sent out FR hope thats ok mate.

Jason - XBL - jisonga
  18. Dwayne Dibley

Dwayne Dibley Member

Ratings:
    +217
    ... my six year old has started battering me at Snoopy! :rolleyes:.... feel free to add me....
  19. mozza54

mozza54 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Drop me a FR.. I'm 29
  20. Basil Plumley

Basil Plumley New Member

Ratings:
    +733
    Pup!:D
  21. Iancity

Iancity Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Another the wrong side of 40, who also remembers the 16k Spectrum (Horace goes skiing anyone:)).
    Feel free to add me anytime, I'm actually rather good at Black Ops, its just the faulty controllers that give me the k/d ration of .43 ;)
    Not quite sure how the youngest manages to get a k/d of something like 1.8 like, its definately a faulty controller, I'm telling ya......
  22. conan

conan Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Some of you may know the 2 old 2 play forums in the states, but if you don't its well worth a look. Its strictly over 25's and at 48 I'm far from the oldest on there. They have clans and groups for all the popular games. Its an american site but there are a lot of European and UK members also, A Website for the Older Gamer - 2old2play

Feel free to throw me FR anytime :)
  23. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Another 40+ gamer here open to FR
  24. pafchgv

pafchgv Member

Ratings:
    +7
    i reached the big 40 earlier this year so if anybody wants to add me feel free should warn you i'm not very good currently playing assasins creed brotherhood and kinect sports but if theres a few oldies i can hook up with on black ops and survive more than five seconds i will get it. im pafchgv on my main xbox system or jimjam1970 on the one i use mainly for kinect
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  25. jj75

jj75 Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks all for making me feel young! 35 years old and keen "also ran" in FPSs and racers. If you fancy some games where the main topic of conversation isn't either Hollyoaks or "who did what to who's mother/sister" then drop me a FR.
  26. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +707
    Feel free to add me. 34 and been playing since the days of the Atari VCS... Combat, what a game. Oh for a revamped 360 version with online massive maze invisible tank battles with bouncing bullets...no? Ok then!

Anyway i usually play into the early hours, ie when i can get on the tv after the wife goes to bed...
  27. scotty1320

scotty1320 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey guys!
    33 year old here! I've got 2 kids - my boys 9 who seriously kicks my ass at certain games!

I suck at Blops, but still playing a bit of Reach, FIFA11 and F1 2010. Send me a FR if u want :thumbsup:

I don't get on much due to family / work committments, but enjoy it when I can get on!!!
  28. Ico.

Ico. Member

Ratings:
    +505
    Ahh see that is why you are fractions of a second quicker than me on NFS Hot Pursuit... on some tracks at least.:rolleyes: My fingers are 5 years older than yours!:rotfl:
  29. King Tones

King Tones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,139
    There is an AVF DADS Group Gamertag which is ran by Wakey which has lots of old guys on the tag.

Let me have a look for it guys

I SAID LET ME HAVE A LOOK FOR IT

;)
  30. Ico.

Ico. Member

Ratings:
    +505
    No need to shout dear... you silly 28 year old... not really a teenager yourself are you!

I remember the olden days when Children had respect for their elders!:clown:

I'd rather play with anyone on that list than the teenage.. profanity using, singing, racist waste of DNA that populates the rest of XBOX live.:smashin:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010