Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fs: Five Quality Dvd Players & One A/v Cabinet.

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by KBDVD, Jul 29, 2003.

1. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    NEW THREAD STARTED

This thread is now closed.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  2. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to register my interest in the Sony 300 Disc changer... Can I get back to you in a little while? Need to do my homework etc. ;)

SMP
  3. rags

rags Member

Ratings:
    +56
    KBDVD - is the Sony 300 disc changer multiregion or is it region 2 only.

Thanks
    Rags
  4. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That was to be my next question!

SMP
  5. rags

rags Member

Ratings:
    +56
    Ok read your other thread. Sorry I dont have that many Region 1 discs to justify the purchase.
  6. witters

witters Active Member

Ratings:
    +194
    Is The Sony 7000 a UK model?
  7. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Gonna have to pass too I'm afraid! :rolleyes:

Good luck with the sales...

SMP
  8. gvh

gvh Member

Ratings:
    +1
    x STANDS UNIQUE EXTENDED SOUND TOWER CABINET @ £300.

Could you possibly explain which one that is on the standsunique site ? Its a tad confusing (or take a pic)

cheers
  9. gazzerr

gazzerr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What colour and model is the stand?
  10. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All,

In order to answer all of your questions, here are more details on all of the items.

SONY DVP-CX860 (301 DISC) MULTICHANGER

I have one "AS NEW" Region 1 DVP-CX860 left for sale. It has had very little use & really is in "mint" condition! It is supplied in it’s original box and packaging with it’s manual, remote control and leads.

Being a genuine imported Region One player it is strictly for Region One DVD’s only & I don't believe that it can be chipped to make it multi-region as it is NTSC output only! However, being a "true" R1 player there will be no RCE problems, making it ideal for a R1 DVD collector.

MY ASKING PRICE IS NOW £299.00 (Less than £1 Per Disc Space!)

EDIT 10/10/03 - BOTH 860'S NOW SOLD

SONY DVP-CX850D (200 DISC) MULTICHANGERS

I have two "AS NEW" Region 1 DVP-CX850's for sale. They have had very little use & really are in "mint" condition! They are supplied in their original boxes & packaging complete with their manuals, remote controls and leads.

Being genuine imported Region One players they are strictly for Region One DVD’s only. This does have one advantage on the 850 model in that these are equipped with component outputs (which the UK Region 2 version of the DVP-CX850D's didn't have, as they had a SCART connector instead.) I don't believe that these players can be chipped to make them multi-region as they are NTSC output only! However, being "true" R1 players there will be no RCE problems which makes them ideal for a R1 DVD collector.

MY ASKING PRICE IS NOW £199.00 EACH (Less than £1 Per Disc Space!)

SONY DVP-S7000 MULTI-REGION DVD PLAYER (NTSC ONLY)
    Gold finish, Multi-region (NTSC only) & in A1 mint condition, supplied in it's original box and packaging with the original gold Japanese flip-lid table top style remote control unit, (which is a sought after item in it's own right I believe) leads & instructions.

This was Sony’s original "flagship" interlaced output player and it is still considered by many to be a fantastic interlaced player as it delivers a super smooth & CHROMA BUG FREE image.
    It is superbly built & has that magic motorized drop down front flap . . . this is a true classic!

MY ASKING PRICE IS NOW £299.00

PIONEER DVS9 MULTI-REGION DVD PLAYER (NTSC ONLY)

Gold finish, Multi-region (NTSC only) & in A1 mint condition, supplied in it's original box and packaging with all it's leads, remote control & instructions.

This was Pioneer’s original "flagship" interlaced output player and it is still considered by many to be one of the the best performing interlaced players ever built, & for use with a TV, (ie: a non-progressive capable display) it has still to be beaten in my opinion as it delivers a stunningly sharp and detailed image.

This remains Pioneers original testament to "over-engineering" and is exquisitly constructed. This is one very heavy player, (16+ kgs!) and it is constructed and looks exactly the same as Pioneers current AX10 flagship model.

This would make a 'daddy' of a transport for the DAC boys out there!

STANDS UNIQUE EXTENDED SOUND TOWER CABINET

This has the "chunky" uprights in Black Ash finish and is FULLY etched to create a striking and dramatic effect. It has three adjustable 10mm etched frosted glass shelves, 10mm etched frosted glass top and bottom & 4mm etched frosted glass sides and doors. Oh, and it weighs a ton! So any interested party will need to be able to get along to Hertfordshire to collect it.
    ( It's possible to de-construct it, to fit it into a normal car.)

The shelves and top/bottom will support a 500kg even load!

The dimensions are: hwd 815mm x 770mm x 570mm.

It is 14 months old and in immaculate condition without a mark on it. It was bought for £899 ( £839 standard price + £60 for the additional, non standard, top/bottom and shelf etching )

To find it on the Stands Unique web site, (which is a bit of a mess) select "10mm Supports" from the menu at the very top of the home page.

The picture of the "Cherry Extended Sound Support" with the TV on top of it, is the same as mine. ( Except my wood colour is Black Ash.)

For the price, page down to the 10mm Extended Glass section.

Carry on down to "Cabinet Versions", then down to "Chunky Leg / Etched Glass".

Then read across to the last column ( Extended Chunky Tower Cabinet ) Et Voila!....£839.00.

p.s. I paid an additional £60 for non standard "FULL" etching, ie... The glass top / glass bottom & all shelves are also etched!

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  11. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    No further interest? :( :thumbsdow

KBDVD.
  12. shyboy

shyboy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    KBDVD, any chance of a picture or a link for the stand please? Im in Elstree so not far.
    Ignore me, i found it. not sure what the wife will say about it being black. let me talk to her and see what she says.
  13. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Shyboy,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that she likes it!

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  14. shyboy

shyboy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    hi mate. Im a bit confused by the measurements for this. Could you have a look at the site and let me know which are the right measurements please?

I need to know if ill be able to fit all my stuff in there. (although it does not look like it:()

(dvd, amp, NTL box, Xbox and front speaker)
  15. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Shyboy, :hiya:

The Stands Unique website is a pig to negotiate easily!

The dimensions in my post above are the correct external dimensions of the cabinet!

IE: 815mm High x 770mm Wide x 570mm Deep.

If you saw the dimensions 815mm x 720mm x 420mm on the site, this is for the "STANDARD" cabinet not the "EXTENDED" one. If this was the case, you just didn't continue down far enough.

To find my cabinet on the site:

1. Select "10mm Supports" from the menu at the VERY TOP of the home page.

2. Page down to the picture of the "Cherry Extended Sound Support" with the TV on top of it. This is the same as mine looks except for the wood colour.

3. Page down further for the price & dimensions, past the Standard Glass section, ( which also includes Cabinets ) down to the 10mm Extended Glass section. Carry on down to "Cabinet Versions" & the details for my unit are all in the far right column. For the price, read across from the "Chunky Leg / Etched Glass" line.

Hope the above clarifies things a little.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  16. StAnToN

StAnToN Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi M8ys

if your thinking of buying one of Sony 300 disc player i can say that they are in absoulty pristine condition its like they have never even been used at all all the packing manuals cables everythings inculded KBDVD is a top bloke.

thanks

StAnToN
    :smashin: :clap: :smashin:
  17. witters

witters Active Member

Ratings:
    +194
    Forgive my ignorance, but if the Sony 7000 is NTSC only does this mean that it will not play UK discs at all, or does it output some kind of pseudo NTSC, as some pal machines do the other way around?
  18. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi witters,

You are spot on!

The Sony DVPS-7000 & the Pioneer DVS9 are both NTSC only & this does indeed mean that they are unable to play UK R2 discs!

Think of these players as R1 machines that have the added ability to play NTSC discs from other regions such as Japan (R2) etc.

I think I'm right in saying that the Sony DVPS-7000 was never released as a UK R2 model as it came out prior to DVD being launched on these shores! It also came out prior to the standard for DTS sound reproduction on the DVD format having been agreed and it is therefore unable to process a DTS signal, which is it's only real shortcoming.

Sony did subsequently release their next flagship model over here, (the DVPS-7700) which looked identical to the DVPS-7000, but by then I believe that this newer model had aqquired the "Chroma Bug" in it's firmware. This fact, together with other small changes resulted in many people having the oppinion that the DVPS-7000 remained the better performing machine of the two, though I do believe that the DVPS-7700 can pass a DTS signal.

I hope the above helps.

ps: I know that this isn't really relevent and that times have changed, but it's amazing to think that I paid over 1K for each of these players when I bought them new & they are in the same condition now!............... I just thought I'd throw that in as a come on! ;) :rolleyes:

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  19. witters

witters Active Member

Ratings:
    +194
    It does help - but only by helping me rule it out. R1 only and no dts really is no good to me.

Thanks for the help though and good luck with the sale.
  20. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    No worries mate,

Thanks for the reply. :smashin:

Anyone else interested in any of the items I have for sale?

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  21. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Bump:smoke:

KBDVD.
  22. shyboy

shyboy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    hi mate. Just to let you know that we are still thinking about it. I think i prefer to go for an av400 but not 100%sure. I will let you know as soon as my wife and i make up our minds.

(we want to get it right this time as we bought two up to now and neither have been suitable)
  23. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi shyboy,

That's fine mate, thanks for letting me know.

If it helps, You & Your's are more than welcome to come along and have a look at it "without obligation" before making up your minds.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  24. shyboy

shyboy Member

Ratings:
    +3
    might well take you up on that :)

will keep you informed.
  25. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Bump 2 :smoke:

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  26. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm a patient Man! :smoke:

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  27. Mogli

Mogli Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Tis a shame your in the UK.. Otherwise i would have snapped up the stand.

Anyways have a bump on :clap:
  28. INDIE

INDIE Active Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Sorry its not sale related but with the Sony do you have a picture of the remote with the labels in English as I have the same machine and even now some of the buttons are still a mystery.
  29. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi INDIE,

No worrys mate!

I think I might have what your looking for, I'll have a look tomorrow & if so, I'll try to take a digital photo of it & post it.

Best Regards,
    KBDVD.
  30. KBDVD

KBDVD Member

Ratings:
    +6