Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frontlines: Fuel of War - Play and Help Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Games Forum' started by shrimp3r, Feb 28, 2008.

1. shrimp3r

shrimp3r Member

Ratings:
    +230
  2. platty

platty Member

Ratings:
    +20
    :boring: Sat here waiting for the postie to hopefully deliver mine today :thumbsup: ...off today, so i'm gonna try the single player, or should i dive straight in to try the other multiplayer maps .....decisions :D
  3. DarthQuack

DarthQuack Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Mines been delivered this morning from Choices. Only got as far as flicking through the manual and did notice in bold "Note: Manually reloading weapons discards all remaining ammo in the clip that is being replaced." Hadn't noticed, but is this the same in the demo? Guess I'll have to get out of my COD habit of reloading sub machine guns and assualt rifles even after only firing a couple of bullets!
  4. reddevil63

reddevil63 Active Member

Ratings:
    +848
  5. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +237
    Ok ordered my copy now - hope it arrives tomorrow!

cant wait

for some reason im looking more forward to playing multiplayer on this than rainbow!
  6. shrimp3r

shrimp3r Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Eurogamer review up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93662

7/10

"They, of course, are the sort of people who will enjoy this generally. Despite the single-player mode's inability to engage on a narrative level and the fact that you're supremely powerful for most of that side of it, Frontlines is a pleasant addition to the legion of shooters crowding the 360's line-up, largely thanks to its multiplayer. If killing other people is what you're into, and you're hankering after a new Battlefield-style game to call your own, then you should definitely give it a look."

I didn't feel that the review had much to say to be honest, complaining that the graphics were a bit drab and mentioning the poor single player mode. They did say that the multiplayer was lag free.
    Mark Mac
  7. Hi/zuum

Hi/zuum AVF Table Tennis Winner 06

Ratings:
    +175
    I've been really surprised by all the 7s this game has recieved. I guess if you don't like the Battlefield format, haven't got Live & a good BB connection then yeah it probably is a 7, but if you do have all the aforementioned interests it's got to be a 8/9 at least. Oh & love the line about 'If killing other people is what you're into!!! uh? & like every other FPS since the year dot isn't about killing other people! the point? :suicide:
  8. platty

platty Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Hey Mumbo ...why didnt you join my squad earlier , you slacker .....:D:rotfl: ...we got bloody massacred on that village map :eek:

Has anyone tried flying a jet yet ...god they're difficult , i've crashed umpteen times just trying to take off ...:rotfl:
  9. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,154
    I just know I'm going to love this game. Had a quick offline blast round all the maps, and there's loads of great touches; destructible scenery, parachuting, planes (invert your controls and don't go too fast, you'll soon get the hang of it), the Invasion map (one side with helis you have to use to get to the captures), Solar Farm is massive, helis feel great, loads of buildings to use, it feels solid, 50 players!, managed servers, great hosting options, ranked games...
  10. harrisuk

harrisuk Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Well I loved the demo I thought this was a brilliant game to be honest. If you are into your battlefield type multiplayer online games this is essential.

The graphics are good, 32 player hosted servers on the demo worked brilliant no lag now people saying 50 that would be unbelievable ! Loads of vehicles including aircraft, weapons, classes, rv`s its just a great game. They have even incorporated some really nice touches like Team Fortress like sentry turrets !

I think a score of 7 is very harsh, a joke really. If they are talking about the single player experience forget about it this is a game to be played online I wont even touch the single player unless I am really bored.

On the demo alone I gave it a 9 I thought it was that good.

Anyway mine didnt show up today from Amazon :( Its saying Saturday Delivery :mad:

My mate ordered from Amazon and selected second class delvery and his showed up today. Not at all happy.
  11. SibTiger33

SibTiger33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +237
    yes my order from shopto shipped

be with me tomorrow

cant wait to join you guys !!
  12. Moogle

Moogle Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,448
    It's pointless reviewing the game and giving it a rating unless you're going to take both the single and multi player into account. The single player may be poor and you may only be interested in the online multi player but as games reviewers they have to take into account the game as a whole including both the multi player and the single player.

Ignoring the single player and just reviewing the multi player would be wrong as they wouldn't be reviewing the complete game. As strange as it may sound there will be people out there who will only play it single player or buying the game for both so obviously they will want to know how both parts of the game are.

I've only played the demos but judging by that I would say that 7/10 is probably an appropriate score for this game.
  13. platty

platty Member

Ratings:
    +20
    I tried to join your game tonight shrimp3r ...just after i accepted your friends request , and it kept saying session was no longer available ...:mad: bloody servers ...:rolleyes:
  14. shrimp3r

shrimp3r Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Munkey Boy has a few problems initially, but he joined me in the end. It might have been because the room was close to capacity and kept filling up. Anyway, even with just two of us in the squad, the game comes alive - playing as a single player is nowhere as good. We had about 4 or 5 rounds on the Mountain map - really just getting used to it. I prefer it a lot more than say Halo 3 MP, not quite as frantic - provides a nice contrast to that style. Once we figure out tactics and the best roles to play I'm sure we'll get a lot of mileage out of this one.

Mark Mac
  15. Munkey Boy

Ratings:
    +3,154
    I had the same problem for a while trying to join shrimp3r - but after a while I got in (couldn't even join empty KAOS servers?!?). Was well worth the wait btw too, really enjoyed it, despite my skillz being a bit hit and miss..! Were playing mountaintop and I can't stress this enough - it really pays to be in a squad, it adds so much to the game to coordinate attacks (squad leader can lay down attack/defend/regroup markers). Cheers for the games anyway Mark, think we won more than we lost!

As for the review scores, I an sympathise with both points of view, but if you ask me the multiplayer alone should make it at least an 8 if not 9, it really is that good and different. It's a shame that can't be reflected in the scoring too.
  16. Captain Speedy

Captain Speedy Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Tescos has this for £34.71 for anyone who can't wait for delivery.

Going home today at 12.30 :arty: see you online later.
  17. Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,489
    I'm gonna buy this game in the next 30 minutes. But has anyone made the link at how similar this is to Warhawk!
  18. chic

chic Active Member

Ratings:
    +896
    I should have this game today,have not played the demo and i had a look at the website and it seems a very complicated game, is it a game you can pick up and play easily? I hope to get on tonight and have a blast with the folks on here.
  19. Munkey Boy

Ratings:
    +3,154
    Easy to pick up and play? Well, it's easy enough to join a game, spawn and run around killing things, but there's a bit more depth to this than first meets the eye. It helps to become familiar with how your team actually wins a map, because the capture points aren't constant like Battlefield, but move as the frontline is pushed forward into enemy territory - and some of the maps (like Solar Farm) are huge. The current objectives are shown on your HUD in yellow and on your mini-map.

Then there's the different load-outs (assault, sniper, anti-vehicle etc) and roles (repair, EMP, drone or air strike) so there's 24 different sets of equipment you can spawn with. Try them out, you'll soon find a favourite. It is one of the enjoyable things of the game trying to find which load-out best suits your style and is successful at pushing the enemy back (if they have loads of tanks, try anti-vehicle and EMP: disable the tank and then blow it up :D )

It's half the fun exploring the depth of the game, and it'll help to form a 4 man squad too, it's the only way you can talk in-game and the squad leader can mark objectives on his teams' HUDs which helps to coordinate attacks.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. $weetFA

$weetFA Member

Ratings:
    +132
    £34.71 :eek: £26.99 at choices, if you can wait a day..
    I saw in the Sun paper yesterday that Game & Blockbuster are doing it for £9.99 if trade in COD4, Burnout paradise, Turok, and some others cant remember which others, think Game was only taking COD4 and Burnout as trade in!! :rolleyes: Blockbuster were taking in more games.
  21. harrisuk

harrisuk Member

Ratings:
    +60
    My special edition boxset showed up this morning from Amazon £28 after discounts cant be bad.

I will be on latter...
  22. raziel33

raziel33 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon. Was it a large package? I am hoping it will be there when i get home from work, but it will probably be too big to fit the letterbox!! Means a long journey to pick it up from sorting office!!:(
  23. harrisuk

harrisuk Member

Ratings:
    +60
    The limited edition is definately too big to go through the letterbox, its in a big outer box like a dvd boxset.

Comes with a tshirt, soundtrack, artworkbook, poster etc....Great value for £28 !
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. Bill Hicks

Bill Hicks Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,489
    I spoke to someone at my local GAME and he told me that they are selling it at £39.99, and that they would give me a trade in on Burnout Paradise at £24.00! Didn't see the SUN today (OUCH!!) if I did I could have took it into game and they surely would have had to honour the advertised deal! Traded in Burnout Paradise with Gamestation for £30, but they are selling Frontlines at £44.99! So I didn't save any money, but I'd rather use Gamestation just to spite Game! Top game by the way, even the single player has started off crackingly! Can't wait to get some online action. Anyone out there who's not sure if this game is worth a purchase, believe me it's as good as COD4 if not better.:smashin:
  25. Turb007

Turb007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +235
    i think Block Busters are selling this for £9.99 if you trade in Burnout Paridise or turok
  26. Deputy Dawg UK

Deputy Dawg UK Member

Ratings:
    +59
    £32.00 in Asda for those that cannot wait !!!!
  27. icemandave

icemandave Member

Ratings:
    +5
    gonna swap turok for it at Blockbuster tonight. is it like battlefield 2? that was ace
  28. RottenFox

RottenFox Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,242
    postie put some mail through my door,and in amongst it was a card,to "pick up,or phone the depot as he had a packet for me"..i was in,left the house,asked him hey,can i have my packet.
    nope he said,i cant do that,you'll have to pick it up from the depot,but ive got to give them 24 hours to get it back there.
    even when i showed him the card,he still wouldnt hand it over.
    :censored: asda here we come,i suppose.
  29. reddevil63

reddevil63 Active Member

Ratings:
    +848

Sorry mate, didn't realise you were from the forums here.:oops:

Was going to give this a good bash tonight but got to go into work tomorrow 6am! :thumbsdow

Looks like Sat night will be the night.

Something I noticed yesterday was when browsing the avforums frontlines group tag there was a few of you playing, it said 'joinable' for some of you that were online but nothing appeared on the guide button to join that game.:confused:
  30. reddevil63

reddevil63 Active Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Ok guys, bonus content time:

In the Extras menu under bonus content, enter sp-village. This unlocks the single player version of the village online map.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2