Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ford Focus 6000 cd is it bluetooth ??????

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by normjohn, Jan 8, 2009.

1. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, just bought the new shaped ford focus 08 and the 6000cd radio unit has 2 phone icon buttons 1 red , 1 green does this mean that the radio is enabled for bluetooth.
    If so would i be able to connect my iphone via bluetooth as i have heard that they will only connect to iphone related equipment. otherwise I will need to use a spare lg chocolate phone if indeed the radio is capable.
    Thanks
  2. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Bump
  3. DaveCHCI

DaveCHCI Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Manual explains all! I know its a huge book but its worth a read - I have a new shape ST2 and same buttons are on mine, works fine with my Nokia
  4. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks Dave, I have read the manual, but I am finding it very difficult to relate which specifications relate to which model radio. Of all the models listed in the manual, I can not find anywhere where it says for instance that the 6000cd definitely has bluetooth. As I mentioned previously, I have tried to pair my Iphone with the radio with no success, but I suspect that the phone is only able to pair with apple / iphone accessories, but to be honest I'm not absolutely certain that I'm using the correct pairing procedure as the iphone just continually searches for the radio but is unable to find it.
    Yours and anybody additional help would be much appreciated
  5. biggallute

biggallute Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I Have the new galaxy ghia & have tried to pair the sony 6000 with 2 nokia's a motorola & the the new iphone 3g & I can't pair any of them & after asking the service manager he said that they are not geared up for it so can only guess that DaveCHCI has been lucky & got a ready wired setup somehow :smashin:
  6. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Yeah, I'm coming to the same conclusion, just can't get my head round why the unit's got the 2 x phone buttons on it though.
  7. biggallute

biggallute Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Do you know if your car is pre march 08?
    as after a bit more digging apparently the bluetooth modules wern't fitted until that build date :(
  8. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    It's around that time, but can't confirm yet as I'm waiting for logbook from dvla but I'll do a bit more digging round when I get home.
    Cheers
  9. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Biggallute,
    The car looks as if it was registered march 2008, so I guess it would have been manufactured a bit before that
  10. DaveCHCI

DaveCHCI Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Well that could be it, my Focus ST is a facelift model (registered in Aug 08)
  11. biggallute

biggallute Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I went up to see the sales guy (who I have dealt with for years) & he states that ford are changing specs on the cars without telling people & they are getting loads of grief from customers who are expecting stuff as standard & it not being on their cars when they get them.I'm a classic example as I paid for the ghia x pack & they didn't even put the window tints on :mad:.
    Answer from ford "read the O & E's" crafty barstewards :nono:
  12. normjohn

normjohn Member

Ratings:
    +15
    thanks all, looks as if i need to look for alternatives, does anybody know if there is a work around for this in the way of adaptors etc. as I don't fancy buying another phone to work hands free in my car.
  13. jezz99uk

jezz99uk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    heyyy wondering if anyone can help

some of the guys at work have the 6000cd model sterio in their cars

it has the phone button on the front of the sterio its self.

but was wondering if anyone knew if it actually has got bluetooth on it

been lookin through manuals and no luck

another guy at work has the same sterio but cant access the menu on the one i want

:lease:
  14. koush

koush Member

Ratings:
    +25
    one way you can tell if you bluetooth or not is on the remote stalk buttons, it will have a 'voice' button. but if you want to know for definite, I work for a Ford garage, you can call me and I can punch in your reg into Ford data to tell you what spec you have with which options.

Koush
  15. munshi

munshi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so,just so i get this right. the ford 6000CD has the buttons for the bluetooth installation but it might not have the feature in the software?or do i have to buy a chip or something?i live in Egypt and the dealership is asking me for a whooping $700 to activate it and the guy didnt even seem to know anything when he gave me that quotation. i believe he just gave me that nmber to blow me off. its a ford focus 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  16. Julie

Julie Active Member

Ratings:
    +713
    JezzUK

With regards to the 2004 model. my gut feeling is that it is probably for wired-in hands-free phone kits, these were the norm five years ago, bluetooth was not.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  17. munshi

munshi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well for me, this is not a 5 year old car, its a ford focus 2009. and in the car manual the setup says that there is a bluetooth menu but i cannot reach it.
  18. Julie

Julie Active Member

Ratings:
    +713
    Sincere apologies Munshi, I was answering jezz99UK's post who does have a 2004 model, I wrongly quoted your post, sorry. My previous post now corrected.
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  19. koush

koush Member

Ratings:
    +25
    All the stereos are the same. the bluetooth is not built into the stereo, but a separate module behind the dash. If you don't have it, it is very expensive to fit afterward as you will need new wiring, have the module programmed, etc etc. I think $700 is about right. Do you have a 'voice' button on your remote stalk new the steering wheel? Your local garage should be able to tell if it has bluetooth by your reg or chassis number using the Ecat database.

Koush
  20. jezz99uk

jezz99uk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heyy thanks for your reply

ive been on the phone to one of the guys at our local ford garage

and it hasnt got bluetooth

blooody thing!

thanks for your help
  21. cobo04

cobo04 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have just picked up my Ford Mondeo 2008 (58) reg car and trying things out etc, found the aux socket (in the glove compartment !!). Tryed out the bluetooth with my iPhone 3GS, no luck paring but the iPhone does see the Ford Radio the gives up trying to pair with it.

So the radio does give a bluetooth signal to the phone just doesn't let it pair.

Now just to see if it has other phones etc in memory and clear them, after finding how to do this that is..
  22. darren68uk

darren68uk Member

Ratings:
    +113

hello :D

im a lost soul like many, i have a Fiesta ST 2007,. and frantically trying to find a solution to my car not having factory BT! on my travels i come across a post that may have mentioned that you should pair the Stereo to the phone and not phone to stereo,,

Apoligies if im wrong, but anything that gets you closer!:thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. koush

koush Member

Ratings:
    +25
    If the phone is finding the radio but not connecting, try to rest the bt module as they do from time to time lock up. You need to make sure you have your radio code, just disconnect the battery for about 30 sec and that should reset it.

Koush
  24. cobo04

cobo04 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there, I tried my aging Nokia 6300 tonight and guess what it worked, asked for the security code - 0000 and all went well, even picked up my missed messages and played them over the radio !! No such luck with my iPhone 3GS
  25. darren68uk

darren68uk Member

Ratings:
    +113
    glad anything i said helped....my situation has gone from bad to worse, and we are not even talking stereos or bluetooth:confused:

im going for an aftermarket satnav, beit kenwood/jvc/pioneer but have to fix my problems 1st lol

anyway good luck dude:D
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  26. Adam-r

Adam-r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. My 56 plate focus has the 6000CD radio with built in bluetooth so I can dial numbers via voice. This seems to lock up when I need it most and it's driving me crazy. The only way to regain any controls of the radio/CD is to turn the car off for an hour. It's very annoying :mad: Does anyone know of a fix for this ? Also does anyone know of a stereo I could replace it with that will retain all my original features, such as voice and bluetooth, but add iPod connectivity ?

Thanks

Adam
  27. koush

koush Member

Ratings:
    +25
    best to try and disconnect the battery for 5 min. the bt module is separate to the audio unit. remember to have your radio code at hand.

Koush
  28. Adam-r

Adam-r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the info.

If its a separate entity, does this mean it will work with any after market stereo ? I wouldn't be so bothered but the unit has recently started saying 'cd error' for cd's it played 5 hours before ?