Football Manager - Screen Size

Pjbrad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have installed Football manager 2009 on my 10" Toshiba and have a problem playing the game... Everytime i try to open the game an error message comes up saying it wont fit the screen size?

Does anyone no how to resolve this?

Cheers

you need to start it in windowed mode i believe.

Right click the game shortcut (on the desktop, the quick launch bar or in the start menu)
Go to the "Shortcut" tab
In the "Target" area, add the following: "-small_screen -windowed" without the quotes
If you have installed the game to a location with spaces in the path there will be quotes around the game executable, for example: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive Ltd\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe" - add the above arguments outside and after the quotes."

you need to start it in windowed mode i believe.

Right click the game shortcut (on the desktop, the quick launch bar or in the start menu)
Go to the "Shortcut" tab
In the "Target" area, add the following: "-small_screen -windowed" without the quotes
If you have installed the game to a location with spaces in the path there will be quotes around the game executable, for example: "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive Ltd\Football Manager 2005\fm2005.exe" - add the above arguments outside and after the quotes."

Tried what you said... but still get error message "unable to open in full screen mode"??

can you go into the config file and change/or add the default resolution of your screen?

it probably was made without a default resolution for 10" screens, because it automatically detects what screen res your using and sets it accordingly

can you go into the config file and change/or add the default resolution of your screen?

it probably was made without a default resolution for 10" screens, because it automatically detects what screen res your using and sets it accordingly

Possibly is there any way you could give me a clue on how to do it? :lease:

hey dude!

ive done some checking around and apparently si never tested fm09 on notebooks so they say the game is not supported on them.

however you could still try and change the resolution by finding your config file in program files. open it with notepad and see if there a screen resolution anywhere, if there is you can change it to the res you know works on your notebook and save it, then try and see what happens.

ive never tried to change anything in my fm config so im not sure its there and ive not got it installed on this pc to check for you.

hope you get it sorted but thats all the info ive got for u, gl!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom