Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLAC to MP3 batch converter?

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Music Players' started by Bandlink, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Bandlink

Bandlink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the process of archiving my rather large CD collection to my PC. I'm storing the tracks in FLAC format but because I also want to play the songs on MP3 players, I also want to store them as high bitrate MP3s.

Thing is, I don't want to have to burn each CD twice if I can help it! Does anybody know if there is a Windows-based batch conversion tool which will convert FLAC to MP3 and keep the folder/file structure, ID tags and cover art? I've been looking high and low and the nearest I can find is for Linux.
  2. Bandlink

Bandlink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, this might just be the exact thing I'm looking for. Talk about right under my nose, I've been using dbpoweramp to convert my tracks to FLAC!
  3. colantra

colantra Member

Ratings:
    +9
    That's what I use now that I'm ripping to FLAC and I've found it very easy to use.

The only frustration I have noticed is that while it carries all the tag data and embeded coverart across, it doesn't create a seperate "folder.jpg" coverart file in the new MP3 directory, so you are reliant on the embeded artwork from the original rip.

Colin
  4. probedb

probedb Active Member

Ratings:
    +172
    Yes it does :) From the dbpoweramp forums when I asked the same thing....

Works a treat.
  5. Bandlink

Bandlink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the dBpoweramp batch converter was perfect for my needs. Now got my CDs in lossless and lossy format in two separate folders. Great!

Thanks for the tip, probedb. Added the DSP effect and the Folder.jpg images copied over perfectly. :)
  6. colantra

colantra Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the tip.
  7. probedb

probedb Active Member

Ratings:
    +172
    No problem. It wasn't obvious to me either :)