1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding the owner of a mobile number

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by jtfab75, Mar 15, 2005.

1. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    hi, i need to find out who owns a mobile number.my sister in law has been up to no good and my brother has a number but doesn't know who owns it.
    thanks
  2. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try ringing it with an excuse that they've won some kind of prize draw! Other than that the only way to find out who its registered to (provided its on contract or a registered PAYG) is via a subscriber check with the mobile operator, and that will not happen unless you have a very good reason and from a government agency. (ie criminal investigation).
  3. jtfab75

jtfab75 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    i know from the first few number's it a vodafone number.
    thanks for the quick reply
  4. GBrent

GBrent Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It could be with any network as the owner may have taken it with them from network to network. Your gonna have to ring it and ask if you want to find out. Your other option is to ask her of course!!
  5. petecowie

petecowie Member

Ratings:
    +35
    the most likely way to find out is to ring the number at 4am or some time when the person is most likely to have there answering machine on and as most poeple have a personal message on there voicemail you may then get the guys name! BUT. bear in mind the other guy might not know the full situation so don't just go slapping him!
  6. woody67

woody67 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    If you are implying that the owner of the phone has been getting 'ziggy wid it', then he (or she) is probably a bit of a randy sod, so you could ring and ask for a date.

Alternatively hang around the likely suspects and call the phone.

I once had a guy ring my phone and said that he had seen my number on his wifes statement a few times and he wanted to know who I was and what I had been up to. I had not a clue what he was on about, but I wound him up a treat and told him how good his wife was. He was livid. lol
  7. sainthalo

sainthalo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    find someone who works at vodafone and bribe them. alternatively a "PI" from the yellow pages will do this for you... and charge u at least a tonne and no guarantees if its a payg unregistered.
  8. Darren Blake

Darren Blake Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Unless you can catch the owner out I don't think yo ucan do it. Vodafone won't give the details out as ther come under the data protection act (I tried to find out who had sent me a text once and this was the line they gave me, anyway). If they are on PAYG then you may as well give up. I had a friend who was getting malicious calls from a PAYG number and even then the networks and even the Police could not / would not do anything to trace the owner (even when it was genuinely scary).

My best advice would be for your brother to divorce her. If he's got proof she's been fooling around then it doesn't really metter who it was, does it?